Acquisitions Mon. 27th Sept. to Sun. 3rd Oct. incl.

- L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra Sensitive After Shave Balm;
- Slim Adjustable (thanks Steve*).

* not the Car Boot Sales and Antique Fairs taxman, but some other Steve from London's East End. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:

Just ordered from B&H, very nice and friendly vendor.
!B2ToQC!BWk~$(KGrHqZ,!jgE)pVDnT3sBMh9OD0kVw~~_12.JPG

A Big thank you to JohnnyO for letting me have a 1950's Hoffritz Travel Razor (for those that didn't know like me, these were made by Merkur for the Hoffritz Cutlery Co in NY) Very very pleased with this, will make a lovely Razor to take away with me :D

95b2d2a7.jpg

57e92292.jpg

40ec67dc.jpg

76395fa9.jpg

100 Gillette Bleue Extra arrived in the post yesterday.

These blades were one of the first lot I tried when I switched to DE shaving last year. I had been trying to find them again, but had no success, until I read through the DE blade review section on here and found a link for a seller on the bay!

Ordered yesterday, received today from Badger & Hone
Bottle of Ogallala Bay Rum
Bottle of Ogallala Lime & Peppercorn
Wow that stuff is really good :eek: :eek:
Have to comment on the service which is first class, thanks Martin!
regards, beejay

Well what a day I had today:
Soap called Barbarian Blade Shaving Shield so will let you know how this goes when I try it from Martin to try (professor Blighty) as a thank you for send a sample of coral skin food.
Vintage Gillette's and Derby in a blade exchange program with Steve (sunburyboy93)
A pack PIF Gillette Bleue from Max (frenchblade)
A Stick PIF La Toja from Mark (ids)

So thanks to all above

Michael

Attachments

• IMG_0009.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 78
  • IMG_0010.JPG
  • IMG_0011.JPG
Well over the last few months, I have been not feeding my RAD for mens products so today I set out to ease myself back in gently. I came home with.

A bar of Writes Coal Tar Soap
Talow based Erasmic shaving stick.. I know of a large supply of these for 75p each
A Styptic Pencil
and some Old Spice Deodorant.

I know this is not luxurious but its a gentle process of breaking myself in, I did also go to TK Maxx hoping to find some gear but they had nothing at all for wetshavers.

Have promised myself a trip to Chichester next week to try some boots and crabtre stuff.

Millay said:
I know this is not luxurious but its a gentle process of breaking myself in, I did also go to TK Maxx hoping to find some gear but they had nothing at all for wetshavers.

I went to my TK Maxx on Monday hoping to find some gear after reading about people finding stuff there and I could not find anything either :(

Adam D said:
Millay said:

I went to my TK Maxx on Monday hoping to find some gear after reading about people finding stuff there and I could not find anything either :(

There was lots of gift sets etc there but and some stuff suitable for wetshaving with but nothing that was exceptional value or that i had not tried. I really wanted a bowl soap mainly for the bowl as refills are a lot cheaper.

Millay said:
Adam D said:
Millay said:

There was lots of gift sets etc there but and some stuff suitable for wetshaving with but nothing that was exceptional value or that i had not tried. I really wanted a bowl soap mainly for the bowl as refills are a lot cheaper.

If you guys ever see the St James Shave Cream (Cedarwood and Clarysage) in there, get some it's lovely stuff, smells great :D

hando said:
Coal Tar soap

love that smell

now coal tar free :roll:

Its a shame that it no longer has the good stuff in it, thanks EU. but it does smell lovely, doesnt linger after the shower and i seem to get far more clean than i ever do with shower gel.

hunnymonster said:
Indeed it's now "Wrights Traditional Soap (with Coal Tar Aroma)"

Funnily enough, I bought a couple of bars of this today, along with some witch hazel... The missus hates the way flecks of the soap stick to the tiles in the shower, but I love the stuff – it reminds me of my childhood in the north.

Lipsy

Back
Top Bottom