Acquisitions Mon 12th Jul to 18th Jul incl.

Since I went on Holiday

2x Feather Portable razors from pauldog on here.

1x Tube of Gillette sensitive shave cream*
3x Tube of Kaloderma shave cream*
4x Tube of Nivea (greek) shave cream*

1x 100ml Chanel Egoiste EDT*

Everything marked with a * was bought whilst on holiday.

Im starting to feel a bit weird. This time yesterday I was sitting at Paphos harbour drinking Tom Collins' and now im back in Glasgow (via Gatwick) I haven't been to sleep since 7.20am yesterday (including a 2 hour time difference)

One (yes only one) Erasmic stick, with tallow.

I haven't seen it for ages so it was irresistable at 69p (at Savers). It's noticable that it is not crumbly in the box as the zero-tallow version was. I love the smell of Erasmic so I'm desperate for it to be a success.

Oh yes, I also noticed that Nivea Sensitive AS Balm is £2.97 in Wilkinsons if anyone needs to stock up for the Winter.

That also gives you an indication of the quality of shops in this town. :oops:

moodymick said:
Let us know how you get on with that Erasmic, i keep trying (Sodium Tallowate version) but i am constantly underwhelmed, does anyone know if the 'bowl' is better?

The Glycerine based bowl soap works well for me with my Wilkinson Sword boar brush and my badger, it provides a slick stable lather however with the 404 boar (not boadger) its rubbish the lather just collapses. I've been thinking that its the brush but it might just be that combination I suppose. It is currently my go to soap for trying new stuff marginally better than Palmolive and Boots. I have been a lot less impressed by the tallow based stick though.

Went Car Booting Today and found:

Cased Gillette "58" set
Gillette Tech
Unknown Razor similar to a Gillette Old Type

d134db98.jpg

1d64f8dc.jpg

fb14f0ca.jpg

b8f858ac.jpg

5fd476da.jpg

3619d5be.jpg

52dfd3d8.jpg

Hi Guys !

Recently purchased: 500ml (the big one) Proraso pre and post cream. 150ml Proraso shave cream for sensitive skin. 75ml Proraso Eucalyptus shave cream. 125ml Pino Silvestre(Classico) ASL, and some Roberts Rose Toilet water. Proraso AS on it's way from Connaught.
My most expensive purchase was a made to order Shaving bowl- with handle, crafted by well known potter, Liz Riley. I have just taken delivery of this marvellous piece, and used it for the first time this morning. I think it is probably the best investment in shaving hardware I have made to date! I credit it with assisting to make the best lather from MWF soap I have ever made! I wish I could post a picture of it on here but I just don't have that facility at present. Liz made it up following my specification, and I am very pleased that it was so successful. I was flying by the seat of my pants as it were, so I am glad that it worked out so very well. It is quite a large bowl, and therefore gives plenty of room to work up a decent lather. If any member is interested in buying one of these, just let me know, and I will give you the contact details in order to get in touch with Liz. :shave :D

spandex..

simmo3801 said:
Oh well I'll have to share here then:

The Grosvenor 404 Badger / Boar mix. My second real brush. I had always wanted to get one of these after Fidos great recommendations at this price - £8.40 plus p & p direct from Progress Vulfix on the Isle of Man.

4789876362_e841e0970a_m.jpg

4789247299_b7b8ab506a_m.jpg

Whilst it clearly states made in England I ordered from and spoke to Brett in the Isle of Man who made it within a week for me. I suppose he could have hopped on the ferry over to the mainland.............

Always makes me laugh :lol:

Hi simmo!

Had to come in here my friend, the Isle of Man IS part of England! Although an Island, it IS,( in legal terminology), part and parcel of the mainland. Therefore, anything posted to I.O.M has an English postcode!! :)

spandex..

The Isle of Man is most definitely NOT part of England.

They are an independent crown colony, in theory a personal possession of the Queen (as Lord of Mann), same as the Channel Isles (where she is Duke of Normandy).

They have UK-style postcodes purely as a convenience, like they use sterling (their own notes, issued by the Isle of Man Government) as a convenience, run their own independent Post Office, their own independent telephone company, have their own independent legal system based upon their own parliament (the House of Keys) which is centuries older than the English/British Parliament, have their own internet domain (.im - not .uk - .gg & .je for Guernsey & Jersey)

Before 1266, IOM was a Viking possession, ceded to the Scottish crown along with the Hebrides. IOM is not part of the EU, nor the UK and especially not England.

spandexcodpiece said:
simmo3801 said:
Oh well I'll have to share here then:

The Grosvenor 404 Badger / Boar mix. My second real brush. I had always wanted to get one of these after Fidos great recommendations at this price - £8.40 plus p & p direct from Progress Vulfix on the Isle of Man.

4789876362_e841e0970a_m.jpg

4789247299_b7b8ab506a_m.jpg

Whilst it clearly states made in England I ordered from and spoke to Brett in the Isle of Man who made it within a week for me. I suppose he could have hopped on the ferry over to the mainland.............

Always makes me laugh :lol:

Hi simmo!

Had to come in here my friend, the Isle of Man IS part of England! Although an Island, it IS,( in legal terminology), part and parcel of the mainland. Therefore, anything posted to I.O.M has an English postcode!! :)

spandex..

Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear!

I just thought I would do a check on the facts of this matter, and it would appear I was wrong :oops: I.O.M is not part of the United Kingdom! The UK appears to have a very unusual and complicated arrangement with this little Island, but did you know - they are NOT part of the EU either :?: interesting isn't it :?: 'Bye :)

Much the same as Lanzarote is part of Spain, but not in the EU. Wow, the absolutely useless stuff kicking around in this ole cluttered heid of mine.

JohnnyO. :geek:

sunburyboy93 said:
Went Car Booting Today and found:

Cased Gillette "58" set
Gillette Tech
Unknown Razor similar to a Gillette Old Type

d134db98.jpg

1d64f8dc.jpg

fb14f0ca.jpg

b8f858ac.jpg

5fd476da.jpg

3619d5be.jpg

52dfd3d8.jpg

The Gillette 58 is hands down my favourite Gillette & that is a beauty you got their. Can anyone confirm if they are rhodium plated?? Nice score!

Thanks fozz. It's not rhodium it's nickel mine was dull and tarnished when I got it and rhodium doesn't tarnish. But with a nice clean and a polish mine cleaned up well...…

Back
Top Bottom