Acquisitions Mon 12th Jul to 18th Jul incl.

Postie was again kind to me this morning

Handmade Shaving Mug (From Woodhead Pottery)
Merkur Futur (From Member "Npinn001")
Merkur 11C (From Member "Guy Hayton")
Rotbart (From Member "missingskin")

Very Please with my haul today

8b358819.jpg

4d3ec205.jpg

935ced9f.jpg

a793da50.jpg

c823cd8f.jpg

Some goods from Paul at Connaught Shaving in today:

- DRH Sandalwood AS;
- Merkur 38C razor (one of those 'seconds' at reduced price);
- Valobra shaving stick (very nice scent).

Now, some local (actually Russian) goodies:

- Phyto Expert ASB, 1.80 quid;
- Lavender after shave lotion (or cologne, I don't really know yet), 99 pence;
- Everest shaving cream, 42ml, reduced at 28 pence;
- Everest after shave cream, 42ml, reduced at 28 pence as well;
- Menthol after shave cream with vitamin F, supposed to be great medicine for the skin, 1.14 quid.

There were 7-8 more after shave lotions / colognes there (like the lavender I chose), in the same 85ml glass bottle you see in the picture. They were offered in different plant scents, e.g. lavender, cloves, etc. The lavender I chose has 79.5% alcohol. There is also one more shaving cream, branded Tet-A-Tet, should be around 70-75ml tube (at 1.15 quid).

Many more after shave cremes as well available in that store, in tube form. I suppose the plentiful existence of after shave creams in relation to after shave lotions is due to the Russian weather. Now it is summer here in the Baltics and you simply cannot wear these things with the 30 deg. C or so that we have, but for the winter we can get here yes, the use of a heavy cream is an option.

IMG_0893.jpg

Also got my PIF from Bazwalk today :D

4 x 5 Russian Gillette Nacet Platinum blades
4 x 5 Russian Gillette Platinums

I will be giving them a go come the weekend.

Yes! My Fido New Forest 2201SE in oak arrived just now. I cannot take a decent picture as my SLR is broken and my Optio is rubbish, so here's the one Fido sent me. I am now off for a shower and a shave!

Attachments

• NF2201Oak.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 116
Got my three Indian shave creams from Connaught, Palmolive lemon, Godrej deluxe lime and Dettol citrus, £5 delivered! :D
I couldn't beleive how well packaged they were!

Just arrived ; Mergress customised Progress razor in pristine condition courtesy of NPinn001. Looks & feels like the Progress Merkur would have liked to have made if they weren't tied down by commercial constraints. Particularly like the neat touch of the shave graduations being marked in different colours from 1 in green on up through amber and red. Thanks Nic, nice one.

JohnnyO. :D

Pig Cat said:
Yes! My Fido New Forest 2201SE in oak arrived just now. I cannot take a decent picture as my SLR is broken and my Optio is rubbish, so here's the one Fido sent me. I am now off for a shower and a shave!

I take it a large bribe was used to get your wooden handled fido :mrgreen:

pedro083 said:
Pig Cat said:

I take it a large bribe was used to get your wooden handled fido :mrgreen:

:lol: Amazingly no, just right place right time. I'd asked Fido if he was going to do his brush with a wooden handle. He told me that he had plans to, but the other day he contacted me to say that plans were on hold and he had two oak-handled brushes only. I'm pleased to say he offered to sell me one of them.

I tried the brush this morning. I must be used to my two boar brushes as I found it quite hard to get a decent lather. I put that down to the brush being brand new, but mainly my technique which I need to work on. I'll have fun improving and keep you all posted.

I don't normally post on here, apologies if I out snipped any members.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320557264180&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1154" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 500wt_1154</a><!-- m -->

PC that knot should be a PoP to lather up with, put your back into it man.

IanM said:
Just picked up one of these from the Post Office, and I'm slightly scared!! :eek:

Just make sure you leave me your #88 in your will.

I'll let the others fight over the rest of your gear.

;)

I'm sure you'll be rate youth.

Back
Top Bottom