Acquisitions - January 2024

I will give that a go - thanks.
I had trouble getting twinjector blades working in my Gem Featherweight as they just seemed to be fractionally too short to sit on the blade stops, but no such issues in the Featherweight with standard injector blades.
Certainly if it's easier to load injectors in the Katana then it'll get re-purpose for mainly injector blades, since I only have one injector razor that's not in storage and it's about to be lent to someone.
Maybe give it a try @NotTheStig?

Puck of Vulfix, which is getting harder and harder to find now. I already had the Muhle pot and the soap dropped right in.

IMG_3920.jpeg

For the ingredients geeks, it's: Sodium Palmate, Potassium Palmate, Water, Potassium Stearate, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Cocoate, Glycerin, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Palm Kernel Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Gluconate, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium EDTA

I have one of these heads. On mine the blade posts are a little shallow and I found it quite fiddly to load. But once loaded I get a decent shave from it. Quite aggressive by my standards but I've adapted.
I'd use it more if I found it easier to put the blade in (but that may be a user error, code ID10T)
I have the same problem they were going to sort it out but did not do so.

I have one of these heads. On mine the blade posts are a little shallow and I found it quite fiddly to load. But once loaded I get a decent shave from it. Quite aggressive by my standards but I've adapted.
I'd use it more if I found it easier to put the blade in (but that may be a user error, code ID10T)

My method was to simply loosen the handle a couple of tuns to open the gap a little, lay the whole razor down, drop the blade in shake the razor side to side by the handle while it's still lying down and then tighten up. Worked every time across both the chrome and the DLC heads. That method does not work with the stainless Tachi head, which has a very tight tolerance.

I tried this tonight and it worked well.
Thanks for the tip!
My method was to simply loosen the handle a couple of tuns to open the gap a little, lay the whole razor down, drop the blade in shake the razor side to side by the handle while it's still lying down and then tighten up. Worked every time across both the chrome and the DLC heads. That method does not work with the stainless Tachi head, which has a very tight tolerance.

Puck of Vulfix, which is getting harder and harder to find now. I already had the Muhle pot and the soap dropped right in.

View attachment 115534

For the ingredients geeks, it's: Sodium Palmate, Potassium Palmate, Water, Potassium Stearate, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Cocoate, Glycerin, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Palm Kernel Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Gluconate, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium EDTA

... and it's a dud!

Thin, dissipating lather.

This arrived this afternoon from gile at Highlander Brushes. Top Top Class,
Custom made with a little bit of input from me.
Im calling this one Hibernian Away Strip
off course i also got the home strip last month lol.
The knot on this one is a 28mm SHD Silvertip.
For me this brush will be around a lot longer than i will.
Gile Thank You So Much :love:
IMG_0531.jpegIMG_0533.jpegIMG_0538.jpeg

View attachment 115809View attachment 115810View attachment 115812
You're welcome Mike, it was pleasure making it.

View attachment 115809View attachment 115810View attachment 115812

Mike you may not be fully aware but as per forum rules, in the light of mortality ALL Highlander brushes MUST be bequeathed to Uncle Donnie.

It may seem like an unfair rule but I did not create or enforce this particular code but it's of the utmost relevance to respect this little known but vital rule.

(two knock out brushes btw, congrats to you and @gile for his incredible work as ever)

Back
Top Bottom