A bit nervous

Day three and I'm getting the hang of this. Had a 3 pass shave today. Very nice. How often should I change the blade. I'm using personna platinum ?
Pleased to hear that you are getting great shaves, as for the blade there is no right answer because all our hair is different textures etc so when the blade is feeling like it's going dull, tugging and not giving you the finish you would normally get then change it, you may get 3 - 6 shaves from one blade but you will know when the time has come. :)

Paul.

Day three and I'm getting the hang of this. Had a 3 pass shave today. Very nice. How often should I change the blade. I'm using personna platinum ?
@Kluson , I'm three months in on here, and I've set myself a "rule" that I swap out blades after three gos (unless I find what could be "the one" :love:, in which case I'll push it a little further to see it's limitations.) But to be honest, at cost per blade it's not worth eking out an extra day while you're still learning and your technique is possibly not quite there yet. You do have a good setup though and the Personna blades are (IMHO) a step above the Derby I started with. Enjoy, play around with setup, and maybe get some blade sample packs to dial in what suits you. I love Tiger and Voskhod - others hate them. I will never bother to put a Shark/Lord blade near my face again but others swear by them. And then, when you're happy that you've found the perfect DE blade, chances are that little voice in your head will say "Yeah.... but what about trying an Ever Ready SE, or even a Straight :unsure: ) Enjoy, and remember, 4 Gillette blades at £12 a pop buys a lot of DE blades. Now keep repeating this mantra as your 15th soap arrives, along with all sorts of other must-have goodies ;)
And stay away from @Boycie83 :ROFLMAO:

@Kluson , I'm three months in on here, and I've set myself a "rule" that I swap out blades after three gos (unless I find what could be "the one" :love:, in which case I'll push it a little further to see it's limitations.) But to be honest, at cost per blade it's not worth eking out an extra day while you're still learning and your technique is possibly not quite there yet. You do have a good setup though and the Personna blades are (IMHO) a step above the Derby I started with. Enjoy, play around with setup, and maybe get some blade sample packs to dial in what suits you. I love Tiger and Voskhod - others hate them. I will never bother to put a Shark/Lord blade near my face again but others swear by them. And then, when you're happy that you've found the perfect DE blade, chances are that little voice in your head will say "Yeah.... but what about trying an Ever Ready SE, or even a Straight :unsure: ) Enjoy, and remember, 4 Gillette blades at £12 a pop buys a lot of DE blades. Now keep repeating this mantra as your 15th soap arrives, along with all sorts of other must-have goodies ;)
And stay away from @Boycie83 :ROFLMAO:
^ what David said!

Personally I also go for 3 shaves (3 passes on each) with the blades. This seems to be best for me to judge how well the blade performs for me. It is really YMMV thing - since e.g David loves the Tiger blades - for me they only lasted two shaves, and on third started tugging.

It's literally a world of things to explore! and we all are all in the middle of it! (okay maybe a bit restricted world after some companies don't ship to UK now and some stockists won't stock certain items for the moment lol)

And stay away from @Boycie83

Oprah Winfrey Reaction GIF

Trying to keep those incredible bargains to yourself?

Changed the blade today. Used a Lord Blue sword made in Egypt. - Not as nice as the Personna. I had no idea that the blade would make so much difference, clearly it does. Shave was ok, but not as good as the last three mornings and left me feeling like I had used a cartridge razor. The irritation on my neck is back and a slight nick, nothing cold water didn't resolve, just a little tiny nick, Back to the Personna I think. I need to order some more blades.

Changed the blade today. Used a Lord Blue sword made in Egypt. - Not as nice as the Personna. I had no idea that the blade would make so much difference, clearly it does. Shave was ok, but not as good as the last three mornings and left me feeling like I had used a cartridge razor. The irritation on my neck is back and a slight nick, nothing cold water didn't resolve, just a little tiny nick, Back to the Personna I think. I need to order some more blades.
Connaught offer sample packs :

Connaught offer sample packs :
Thanks very much, just placed an order for the popular pack. :)

Back
Top Bottom