A bit nervous

Changed the blade today. Used a Lord Blue sword made in Egypt. - Not as nice as the Personna. I had no idea that the blade would make so much difference, clearly it does. Shave was ok, but not as good as the last three mornings and left me feeling like I had used a cartridge razor. The irritation on my neck is back and a slight nick, nothing cold water didn't resolve, just a little tiny nick, Back to the Personna I think. I need to order some more blades.
If I could only have one blade for the rest of my life it would be the German Wilkinson Sword, everyone is different, but I recommend you give them a try.

Third shave with the Lord and have to say it was a nice one, feels very close after an hour., No nicks or cuts, steady and slow. Mrs K said " For someone who doesn't like shaving , you seem to be enjoying it" :)

10 in now and getting better with every shave. Had really nice shave this morning, two pass and very smooth. I guess the technique must be improving. Used the Muhle R106 with a Gilette Silver Blue blade, Musgo real Orange Amber cream and Trumpers Super Badger Brush. I used the gentlemen's Groom room pre shave for the first time, - very nice. The Muhle feels a lot less aggressive than the Outlaw Mild. I will carry on with the Muhle R106 until my technique improves then maybe another three shaves with the Outlaw Mild. , No nicks, cuts or weepers today, Little sore on the neck. I will try just one pass there with the direction of growth for a bit I think, If you guys think that's a good idea- Cheers

Interesting that you felt a bit nervous, I guess I was / am too.
I got a Muhle R89 earlier this month. Tried a Derby, Treet, and now a Shark blade.
Lathering getting better, and using the Proraso pre shave is good although the menthol can be a bit eye watering.

Interesting that you felt a bit nervous, I guess I was / am too.
I got a Muhle R89 earlier this month. Tried a Derby, Treet, and now a Shark blade.
Lathering getting better, and using the Proraso pre shave is good although the menthol can be a bit eye watering.
I thought I would cut my face to Ribbons :) I would really recommend trying a Gillette Platinum in your Muhle, It's the same head as mine and it seems to love those Gillette platinums, your skin, beard, etc etc may be different , but give it Avery they are not expensive from Connaught shaving - Good luck oh by the way if you aren't keen on the green Proraso try the white sensitive skin pre shave its very nice and no menthol, personally I love both :)

I thought I would cut my face to Ribbons :) I would really recommend trying a Gillette Platinum in your Muhle, It's the same head as mine and it seems to love those Gillette platinums, your skin, beard, etc etc may be different , but give it Avery they are not expensive from Connaught shaving - Good luck oh by the way if you aren't keen on the green Proraso try the white sensitive skin pre shave its very nice and no menthol, personally I love both :)

I am getting some Gillette platinums with some other items from Connaught.
I tried the Gillette 7 o,clock Green today and that felt like the best shave yet.

I quite like the green Proraso but will try the white as well

Glad to see your getting the hang of DE shaving, there called safty razors for a reason.... no need to worry unless your a ham fisted klutz then you'll probably endup looking like Freddy Krueger's practice dummy, but that's incredibly rare.....and not even worth mentioning in polite discord.

Back
Top Bottom