A bit nervous

Well....... it's done
First proper "Wet Shave"
TOBS sensitive skin cream, PAA Amber Aerolite brush, Muhle R106, Personna Platinum blade, Trumpers Limes skin food and Floris Limes EDT

Not the smoothest shave I've ever had but it felt a lot less tuggy and draggy than the cartridge razor. I am never going back, This was a great experience. I was really nervous at first , but I followed all the advice and it indeed worked. No Cuts or nicks and relatively smooth skin. I could have made a third pass , but I didn't want to push it on my first go. Certainly didn't want to get cocky. The shave is certainly good enough, I would happily go to the office with it.

Thanks again guys for all the help and advice, I'm up and running :)

Well done! Now only onwards and upwards! (or maybe downwards the rabbit hole? you pick!)

Personally I have started wet shaving not long ago (2 months) - switching from canned goo and cartridges. With a bit of practice it makes world of difference! Take it stead and keep at it and in no time you'll be getting close comfortable shaves without much effort or worry!

Well done! Now only onwards and upwards! (or maybe downwards the rabbit hole? you pick!)

Personally I have started wet shaving not long ago (2 months) - switching from canned goo and cartridges. With a bit of practice it makes world of difference! Take it stead and keep at it and in no time you'll be getting close comfortable shaves without much effort or worry!
I remember being a little nervous the first time I tried a DE it wasn’t the best shave but after that first initial shave I realised there was nothing to be nervous about and the shaves just got better and better, same thing happened when I recently started straight shaving to be honest
Thanks guys, It has been a great help to see all the advice and tips on here. I think the Rabbit hole will turn into a warren. I was already a fan of proper shaving soaps and creams, now to add to the brush count. Mrs K is very pleased that I am using a synthetic instead of badger. She hasn't eaten meat since she was 5 years old and loves all animals. it is hard for her living with a meat eater, although , I don't eat that much these days and prefer wild meat and game. :)

Well....... it's done
First proper "Wet Shave"
TOBS sensitive skin cream, PAA Amber Aerolite brush, Muhle R106, Personna Platinum blade, Trumpers Limes skin food and Floris Limes EDT

Not the smoothest shave I've ever had but it felt a lot less tuggy and draggy than the cartridge razor. I am never going back, This was a great experience. I was really nervous at first , but I followed all the advice and it indeed worked. No Cuts or nicks and relatively smooth skin. I could have made a third pass , but I didn't want to push it on my first go. Certainly didn't want to get cocky. The shave is certainly good enough, I would happily go to the office with it.

Season 5 Finger Guns GIF by The Office

Well....... it's done
First proper "Wet Shave"

Well done. First step to a lifetime of great shaves. The reason most people use carts is the myth that you will cut yourself to ribbons using a DE razor, helped by comedy shows of people with bits of toilet paper all over their face to stop bleeding.
When I started my brother asked me in all seriousness why my face was not cut to shreds if I'm using an olden type razor.

Had my second shave today with the Muhle R106
Trumpers Limes cream,PAA Amber Aerolite, ES pre shave oil, ES intensive balm, Dior Homme sport.
All went well, nice shave 2 pass and no nicks or cuts. I have no idea why I was so nervous, I'm still a little cautious. It is a different technique to the Cartridge. Skin feels better already and less irritation. - Happy I made the change despite the nervousness. Mrs K has presents for me for easter too .I have a Mulberry Handbag on its way for her - I think she may have ordered a SS razor :)

Once you get used to it, a mild DE razor should be a nice, easy shave.

Different types of blade can affect the shave, according to how sharp they are. If you've got thick hair you'll probably like sharper blades best.

Had my second shave today with the Muhle R106
Trumpers Limes cream,PAA Amber Aerolite, ES pre shave oil, ES intensive balm, Dior Homme sport.
All went well, nice shave 2 pass and no nicks or cuts. I have no idea why I was so nervous, I'm still a little cautious. It is a different technique to the Cartridge. Skin feels better already and less irritation. - Happy I made the change despite the nervousness. Mrs K has presents for me for easter too .I have a Mulberry Handbag on its way for her - I think she may have ordered a SS razor :)
Good to hear and you've got some good hard and software there. No need to fall down the rabbit hole.

Once you get used to it, a mild DE razor should be a nice, easy shave.

Different types of blade can affect the shave, according to how sharp they are. If you've got thick hair you'll probably like sharper blades best.
Good to hear and you've got some good hard and software there. No need to fall down the rabbit hole.
Thanks for the tips. sadly I am already down the Rabbit hole which is turning into a warren :)

Back
Top Bottom