14 jan onWards .. Temporary closure of Transmissions...

RE: This NEW delivers again.

Dear deserty

NEW
Trumpers almond cream
Lush
Unction
Green Russian

Over confidence produced a couple of tiny weepers on the neck.
PerhAps KoS oil is more lubricating.
It was really lovely though.
Smelling like marzipan. Hey good soap for Christmas day.
Lemon and lime good for a Monday wake up.
Spellbound woods great for crisp autumn morning.
Man I could go on. And on. And on and on. And on...
Ad infinitum really.
Violet in the spring. Rose in summer. Or Christmas time for Turkish delight.
Proraso green for an icy blast.
Old spice before a whisky and and a log fire.
Surrey to remind me of home.
Ah innit wonderful.....
Yrs as always.
Slick o soappuck

RE: 14 jan onwards. NEW gives a little nip!!

Dear dolly

Oooooooooo!!!!

Red tip English superspeed.
Mmmm nice and shiny and red tip ish.
Now the last time I used one of these it bit me.
Not a good relationship. Now I have grown up a bit and my action is better I can move onto stronger cigarettes so to speak. (it's an analogy ain't it!)
So astra Petersburg blade
KoS oil
Body shop macca root.

How good is macca root! Good actually. Two pea sized blobs and masses of lovely lather. Smells wholesome too.
Thought at first not so close but after a good cold rinse and some unction it was more than fine. Just two passes too.
I did have one weeper so. Lighter touch tomorrow.
A really iconic shave with a harder to get hold of piece.
Nice trade thanks Dave.
I could defiantly do a whole cat with this one....
Yrs
Slick 'o redtip

RE: 14 jan onwards. English super speed red tip goes nicely.

Dear Dewey

Two days one entry

Yesterday gave face a holiday. Still shaved though. Used stahly head with a feather and franken soap made from bits and bobs ie QED rose and sandalwood with some mama bears spellbound woods! Luckily it's a lovely mix like being in a woody garden full of Turkish delight and light spring breezes.
Ah a comfy and close ish shave.

Today English red tip S speed with astra, KoS and unction. Plus my first ever soap EJ sea buckthorn.
Spent a little longer on the lather, I like this soap it not too thick and comes up nice and slick.
KoS and unction. Took it easy. Especially pressure. Third pass under the chinny chin chin.
All good. Clean and smooth

RE: 14 jan onwards. Stahly then English red tip. Red tip at last seems to work well

Hey Slimbo.............you wanna try a new monkey............this one a "bit" more tame and cannot be used for spud peeling.........but are you man enough.............:dodgy::dodgy:

RE: 14 jan onwards. Stahly then English red tip. Red tip at last seems to work well

missingskin said:
Hey Slimbo.............you wanna try a new monkey............this one a "bit" more tame and cannot be used for spud peeling.........but are you man enough.............:dodgy::dodgy:

Dear kissingbin

Not arf! Actually I learnt a good deal from that FEAR razor. And that is that I am still learning not to apply too much pressure. Wow this part is the crucial bit for me.
I used the NEW today and last time out it gave me a couple of weepers
Same blade green Russian and some erasmuc cream. Underpinned with a little KoS oil and unction to finish. Now this was a light touch. Really letting the razor head do the work.
Two passes and a really great shave. No nicks weepers or Anything.
Well pleased. This is a modest yet exceptional performer.
So what have you got in mind.
Please not a blade gap like the fear. I'm still scared to sleep at night...
Cheers
Limbo.

Slick said:
I used the NEW today and last time out it gave me a couple of weepers
Same blade green Russian and some erasmuc cream. Underpinned with a little KoS oil and unction to finish. Now this was a light touch. Really letting the razor head do the work.
Two passes and a really great shave. No nicks weepers or Anything.
Well pleased. This is a modest yet exceptional performer.

Howdeeee Slimbo (said in my best Minnie Pearl voice),

Yeah, I agree with you about the LT NEW head being a not overly flashy, very good performing design. Not the most aggressive, but still has plenty of bite to do a great job in many cases. One of the more comfortable OC razors also. Heh, it's kinda like the Tech of the OC world, as far as being understated goes.

Oh good......another monkey to make room for,

Klemel

RE: 14 jan onwards. I feel a NEW man. No not like that....

Dear dummy and Dodgy.

Last go with the NEW today. Another super shave with some slippery Surrey soap to satisfy my shaving sanity. Same green Russian blade that boldly bulldozed my burgeoning bristles.
It's a tidy razor with golden gleam that gayley glides leaving a glassy gleaming gob.

Crikey that new. It's made me all poetic like. I wonder what will happen with The bouhin which is a French number. Probably a fantastic French folly that will fell follicles freely with focus and finesse.
See nothing happened.
Or did it????
Mmmmm we shall wait and see. What blade. A super iridium. Nice and sharp.
A crocodile cutting nacet or sputnik from reliable Russia?
Cheers
Alicia Le blanc.

14 jan onwards. I feel a NEW man. No not like that....

Embarrassed to tell you how poorly I did today. Just gave up on this 2pass straight edge experiment! Hopefully the bleeding will stop soon. After the 3rd gouge, I switched over to my 1948 Gillette Milord with a Gillette Goal. Now that only took 2 passes! I think? still too white from the septic pencil to see if there's any stubble left!
Should have known my limitations.

RE: 14 jan onwards. I feel a NEW man. No not like that....

Johnus said:
Embarrassed to tell you how poorly I did today. Just gave up on this 2pass straight edge experiment! Hopefully the bleeding will stop soon. After the 3rd gouge, I switched over to my 1948 Gillette Milord with a Gillette Goal. Now that only took 2 passes! I think? still too white from the septic pencil to see if there's any stubble left!
Should have known my limitations.
Dear johnus
There is only one cure. A large glass of whatever it is you like.
I've not ventured into straight land yet....so to speak ahem ahem.
I have a milord. But I have not tried the goal blades are they ok. ?
Once the styptic goes yuo will look more human I am sure!
till then
Cheers
Slick o shAnter.

RE: 14 jan onwards. Last go with NEW makes me poetic!

24f336f8.jpg

Dear drooper
( hey do you remember the banana splits...)

One word.
Bohin.
Another word.
French.
Two words.
Quite purdy.
Another two words.
Vicious bastarde.
This one is a corker.
Pretty exposed blade gap. Not quite as the fasan. But I reckon 9 ish on the gillette scale. Actually I should have held the blade with a pair of pliers. Similar effect.
Super iridium.
Proraso White tub. Hecht this is a real good soap. Slippery and sustaining
There is plenty of weight in the head. So zero pressure.
Shorter strokes.
It worked!! Well except it was a bit patchy. Nit enough pressure?
No nicks or cuts or rash.
That's the thing about a really open blAde fix me. Can't quite get close all over. The rest though. Smooth. So all
In all an exciting shave. But I might take the blade put and use my 1938 tech. Direct compRison then.
Now stopped sweating.
Bed time.
Miss you.
Slick.

RE: 14 jan onwards. Last go with NEW makes me poetic!

Slick said:
Dear drooper

(One word.
Bohin.
Another word.
French.
Two words.
Vicious bastarde.
This one is a corker.
Pretty exposed blade gap. Not quite as the fasan. But I reckon 9 ish on the gillette scale. Actually I should have held the blade with a pair of pliers. Similar effect.
It worked!! Well except it was a bit patchy. Nit enough pressure?
No nicks or cuts or rash.
That's the thing about a really open blAde fix me. Can't quite get close all over. The rest though. Smooth.
Slick.

Bonjour Blakesley!

Couple things about the Bouhin (pronounced boooooahhhhhh). Just sorta flows don't it? If I have another kid I'm gonna name him (or her) Bouhin, although being 62 and having a snip job 30 years ago means the odds are fairly long..

Anyway, make sure the blade's lined up like with the Kirby. Also, that head may take a few times to get used to. I thought it was on the aggressive side, but not quite up to a #9 setting. Took me a few times to figure everything out, but it went ok after that. Heh, this is one of those razors I never do use (too uncomfortable), but I do get to hold it occasionally.

You're right about the shave with an aggressive razor possibly being patchy. Yeah, it's not wanting to use the normal amount of pressure in places that really need it. I feel like I'm a little gun shy with a rabid razor, so I don't push the usual envelope. Heh, sounds like your dad would like this ferocious French flayer.

Klemel

14 jan onwards. Barmy Bohin breaks beads on my baldness.

Thank you for your kind words. The Milord and the Gillette Goal are an excellent combination. Read about them here on TSR . And they seem to be a nice over all blade. Face is better . I'm scabbing over nicely. Didn't want to completely give up on the straight edge so I move over to a Gem Contour SE. (The push button one.) Very nice shave with the illusion of using a straight edge. (kind of)

RE: 14 jan onwards. Barmy Bohin breaks beads on my baldness.

Dear domesday

Rabid razor shock left me with no other cowardly alternative.
Tech
Super iridium
Tobs lemon and lime
Three passes

Not as close as two with mr Bohin.
But I had to try less!
Resume hostilities tomorrow.
Yrs
Slick

RE: 14 jan onwards. Barmy Bohin breaks beads on my baldness.

Dear daddy

Well this is a crazy old game right?
Took blade out of tech. I am
Tight with blades. Especially super iridiums.
Back to Bohin. Took advice from he who cannot be named. Dodgy. Drat I said it!
Have another go. Careful how you align blade.
Do I did and I was.
Hey I hardly noticed the huge blade gap skimming over my face.
Actually I was a lot more confident. It is probably not a 9+ but a strong 7-8 on the gillette scale.
I used Arko. Again cool results. Fab product.
So I achieved a good two pass shave better than the tech.
Mo nicks or rash or septic boils.
I have re learned a lightness of touch.
Luv ya
Slick no bristle.
Now

RE: 14 jan onwards. Bad ass Bohin back for round two.

Desr dolly
Friday
Late shave.
Red tip. It's a medical condition.
English superspeed. Astra.
Felt weird. My face trying to reject a pm shave.
Old spice musk cream. Fantastic 70's smell. Good lather too
Two pass sensitive feeling shave but no nicks or cuts. Pretty smooth.
Yrs
Timboslick.

RE: 14 jan onwards. Bad ass Bohin back for round two.

dear Dally

Sat Red Tip English SS with astra
EJ Sea Buckthorn mmm niiice
Unction
Good clean shave

Sun

Bohin
Super iridium
Surrey

Ha!! Even More confident!! And an even better result!!
Not so blade shy this time round light even and a bit firmer two pas shave shave AND a n ATG under the Chinny chin chin.
See ya
Busy.
Timbo

Back
Top Bottom