SOTD: Saturday 18 May - Friday 24 May 2024.

what does emu smell like?
You'd have to ask Rod Hull (except he's dead).

I'm not sure really as there are other ingredients in the soap, but I don't have a list of them as I just have the soap itself in some clingfilm with a brief handwritten label of the name and seller of the soap.

The soap smells faintly of peppermint and there is a sort of mild tallow-like smell to my untrained nose. I've had the soap for probably the best part of ten years without ever using it (although also not unwrapping it)... it may have smelt differently then.

EDIT: just over ten years. How time flies!

Last edited:
Razor = Schick Disposable
Brush = Highlander 2023 TSR - LE -
Cream = Unknown From Australia
Splash = Boots Freshwood
Balm Boots Freshwood.

IMG_1690.jpegShave Number 2 from the hotel shaving kits.
This one from The Park Royal Hotel Singapore.
another Schick,
i’m going to assume they might all be cheap & cheerful.
Again i didn’t need a brush although the pic was already taken.
The cream was from Australia and had a pleasant spearmint scent,
There was much more of this cream than the other day so managed 3 passes.
I don’t think the razor was as good as the last one.
The one previously had a gel strip where as this one was as basic as you can get which surprises me as the hotel is first class.
At the beginning of the week it was a fairly good idea to get rid of these kits but after 2 shaves i’m craving normally lol
Never mind only two to go
Take Care
Mike.
IMG_1686.png

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Gillette Tech - cerakoted (copper)
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless (1)
Brush: Highlander LE 2023
S Soap: MacDuffs Soap - Morning Ritual

Postie delivered my recent BST acquisition in good time for a morning shave. Had my coffee by this time but the scent on this soap took me right back to that part of the day when you fuel your brain with all the chemicals from these beans.
I had a A&E Turkish Coffee soap in the past but this one definitely beats it scent wise. For performance I'll have a few more shaves before a verdict.

SOTD.jpg

Wednesday 22nd May

Cream • Lider Classic
Brush • Yaqi Sagarda Familia 22mm Synth
Razor • Ikon 102
Blade • Treet Classic (1)
Post • Pinaud Clubman Aftershave

I used another inexpensive shave cream today. This one was very kindly gifted as an extra from 'The Emporium' - a'la @Boycie83 .
At first, I wasn't sure if I liked it's scent. But, It grew on me and I quite like it.
A small amount is all that's needed, so I'm sure it would be a cost effective product.
Both protection and glide were good, allowing the blade to do it's job.

This Ikon razor was also a generous gift, from @RussellR5555 - a very fine gentleman indeed.

Milky May

Wednesday 22nd May

AP1GczMmZ5HphlYCfbl0IMAIAF4-npEHvschPMknAkBRnLQZSYcRRlev-7M53a5zlQjS1aItd876qMAlFrxBaubneVlfQSyaQIF4EKROTsbLnCMAZfLs_u0Ys9XiCSj0eHWwuhGdWPJuhSJvJ44Ea94juzoS-w=w800

Haslinger Schafmilch Shaving Soap & Semogue SOC Taj Pure Bristle
Muhle R89 Twist & Wilkinson Sword (German) Super Stainless (3)
Pinaud Clubman After Shave Lotion

My 1912 caught my eye today, so why not change from the DEs I have used for the last 6months or so.

ER British Made 1912
GEM Blade (new)
P&B Albion (still on a mission to finish)
OUMO badger
Witch Hazel
Nivea Balm

Hadn't used a 1912 for a while and it showed. Maybe new blade, maybe out of practice may also of been a touch dry, but not the smoothest, no nicks or weepers just not that nice shave. I do vaguely remember the US made 1912 is a little smoother to use, so maybe that's tomorrows shave! I think I'll stick with the 1912 for atleast this blades lifespan, as their is something nice about using the vintage kit, and has made me consider restarting my search for a 3rd 1912 to finish the collection, three always seems a nice number.

Stay well all.

My 1912 caught my eye today, so why not change from the DEs I have used for the last 6months or so.

ER British Made 1912
GEM Blade (new)
P&B Albion (still on a mission to finish)
OUMO badger
Witch Hazel
Nivea Balm

Hadn't used a 1912 for a while and it showed. Maybe new blade, maybe out of practice may also of been a touch dry, but not the smoothest, no nicks or weepers just not that nice shave. I do vaguely remember the US made 1912 is a little smoother to use, so maybe that's tomorrows shave! I think I'll stick with the 1912 for atleast this blades lifespan, as their is something nice about using the vintage kit, and has made me consider restarting my search for a 3rd 1912 to finish the collection, three always seems a nice number.

Stay well all.
Snap! My English 1912 used today. My US version in a couple of days. As always, great shaves.

20240522_202749.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Boar.
Soap Chiseled face cryogen.
Razor Stando Rod.
Blade Kai Titan mild Blue (4)
Aftershave Balm Chiseled face cryogen.

I couldn’t wait to test out the mythical Cryogen for Menthol goodness.
I brought out my favourite Boar brush to create a lovely smooth lather.
Ooooo papa's got a brand new bag.

face off GIF

I spread the lather across my face and waited for it to cool my skin.
cryogenically frozen austin powers GIF

I think you can safely say it worked even my dog was shocked at how cold I looked after the first pass.
Funny Face Reaction GIF by TikTok

I digress, the Cryogen is worth every penny and gave a lovely shave with the help of my Stando Rod and have to say the lather left a nice post shave feel to my skin. Top stuff.
The Shaving balm was the Icing on the cake and felt like a snow filled pie in the puss.
GIF by Beastie Boys

That's it from me and now off to show the wife my sexy new Cryogen look. What ya think?
Later taters.
Funny Face GIF

Just how useless am I? The usual multitude of shaves to report on. Why change habits of a shaving life time? Mind you, until I joined TSR I never had to report on any shaving activities outside of 'I've shaved Mrs Satanfriendly'. 'Good, I can use the bathroom finally'. Somethings haven't changed. Plus I do recall being financially better off.

Anyway, better get on with this one. So this one arrives in a screen format which you can read and themed, ' ••• --- ••• '

Or in plain English, SOS, as invented by a certain Mr Mayday. Except in this case 'Shaving On Ships'. A unique shaving experience for a unique bunch (all two of us), Mr Me and @chard52142 That is unless someone chirps up 'I'm on a cruise'. A floating Pontins.

Monday

20240520_154550.jpg

.-. .- --.. --- .-. - Ikon B1
-... .-.. .- -.. . - Wizamet Super Iridium
-... .-. ..- ... .... - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
... --- .- .--. - Signature Valentia
-- --- .. ... - ..- .-. .. ... . .-. - Botanics

「あなた、ひげを剃ってください」
「あなた、ひげを剃ってください」
「あなた、ひげを剃ってください」
「あなた、ひげを剃ってください」
「あなた、ひげを剃ってください」
「あなた、ひげを剃ってください」

Ikon B1 がもたらす、本当に素晴らしい剃り心地。まさに船型シェービング。ははははははは。あなたは死ななければなりません、私だけが最善です

ビーバーの時間だろう

Tuesday

20240521_181159.jpg
May day, May day - Tatara Nodachi
Securite Securite - Polsilver Lodz
MOB MOB - Highlander LFC brush
SOS SOS SOAP - Signature Londinium
Help me you bastards - Olay moisturiser

'And you are telling me, we only have two toilet tolls?

No toilet rolls were involved in this shave. Or even the corners. Nothing more than the Tatara at its finest and Londinium because I couldn't be bothered to use lesser.

Thank you

And more Beaver?

Thank you

Wednesday

20240522_145856.jpg

The Captain's razor - Ikon B1
Braid and blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Old man brush - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
The Skipper's soap - T&H Aspley
Master's moisturiser - Collagen
Commander's Cologne - Abbate Krokos splash

'Attention all shipping, attention all shipping. That was one damn fine shave delivered by the Ikon but I wouldn't expect any lesser. However what you can expect is some shit weather. Thank you and safe sailing'

Please accept my apologies for not ending with any Japanese girls but I think you've had enough Beaver for one night anyway.

But do take my love with you

Back
Top Bottom