SOTD: Saturday 16 December - Friday 22 December 2023.

SOTD Sat 16 Dec 2023

Extra, extra, extra shave this week!
But just in a small way.
F8001B84-2F82-4B8C-B25D-CD4212244309.jpeg
Refreshment - Stormtrooper S.N.I.P.A. (Situation Normal India Pale Ale) (small)

Pre - quick shower, Imperial Leather face wash
Cream - Proraso Red in a small glass bowl
Small brush - Kent Infinity small synthetic
Small razor - Merkur 34C (not big)
Blade - Derby Extra (3)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block, Forest Fresh ASL (small amount), Nivea ASB (also small amount), Mastermind Vintage EDT (quick spray)

Normally every second day, but last night’s shave was so poor, stubble was back in force, and my face still hurt from the Wilkinson scraping that I thought I’d try and fix it! And lo, it worked, now much better. Nice smooth, calm, comfortable 2 pass shave and no tidy and no issues and my face actually feels better than when I started, who knew (well, most of you I suppose, but I wasn’t sure, so there).

Grimace and Want-it, the outtakes!
64823ED6-A457-4154-A9DF-C02655D05B29.jpeg
Urgghhh!

Lovely brisk, sunny day today.

Saturday 16th December

ABLVV87Bt4JAfdl5tEaovfuFY_HRWTNNiGT9R91J3OOakcvHlsT__AlyWJvqwYpT3b91e42L9hVX0PvQPyWxQC2YwyDHc0vqoCBobdigaLEIMyHVWnG7V07ld2qrZSUQTfpPkLcnxZK_CnrbW-YNOGTsSLE3xw=w800

3P Sapone da Barba & Omega 80005
KCG Head w/Yaqi Tsuka & Personna (Comfort Coated) Stainless (2)
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

Smashing shave with the very plebian (and often overlooked) KCG which I think looks rather swish on my recently acquired Yaqi Tsuka. The blade was absolutely at it's peak on its second run.

First try with the Feather Professional (thanks @Mike Smart) and it feels sharp and smooth. The result is virtually no irritation despite four passes plus touch-ups and only a small rough area against the grain at the base of one side of my neck. I'll be trying this blade out more over the next week or so to see if I can get an even better result.

The vintage soap sample is courtesy of @pjgh and it's a great performer with a nice gentle lavender scent.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: (Borrowed) Occams Oren
Blade: Feather Professional
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Aqueous Cream
Lather: Potter and Moore Lavender (vintage)
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud Whiskey Woods

SOTD: 17th December 2023.

f.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather Bergamot & Sea Salt Energising Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Erasmic Lather Shave Cream.
Blade: Statum Platinum Chrome. (D2)
Razor: King C. Gillette.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut Attraction Totale ASL./Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

Recently I've been revisiting various assortments that I haven't gave much attention to the Erasmic lather shave cream is just one of many shave creams that I've infrequently used in the past. The lather that this inexpensive cream provides is well above it's price bracket.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups close shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
SOTD: 17/12/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 10th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Acqua Di Parma Barbiere Cream
Balm: Acqua di Parma Barbiere Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy your Sunday!

IMG_3949.jpeg
SOTD: 17/12/2023

Razor: Alpha Shaving Works Outlaw Evolution 316L
Blade: Astra SP, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Napoli
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C Unscented Hard Puck Puck
Balm: Tea Tree Balm Sample Balm
Scent Oil: HC&C Azzaro

I’ve been hopeless with SOTD’s this month. I’ll use this post to catch up. So far this week and the last were all my new HC&C soaps and oils. There’s not a duff scent among them! The Cowboy up! and Badass are both fantastic! The first a great reproduction of TF ombré leather and the latter an amazing original scent. Badass is like a more mature version of PAA’s Future Fiction and I need to get the EDP to complete the set it’s that good, a slightly stronger darker scent with more like like citrus but no less of the fresh zing! The oils are all great and just work so well with the base soap it’s really a great idea and now far and away the Artisan I have the most soaps/scents/oils from. Pete is in the process of sorting his site so they aren’t all listed at present but email him and he’ll be able to sort you out still, it’ll be relaunched as a line in the new year. The oils work just as well in a balm too if you don’t want to mix your own splashes.

17 December

SV 70th Anniversary
Cadman M55 Tuxedo
ES Claymore Evolution
Schick Proline
SV 70th Anniversary asl

1501CFD6-DEB0-4F9E-BBAA-1CD2C1FD0FB9.jpeg
Three really nice, comfortable shaves with the Claymore and a Schick blade that frequently does not fit in my razor. Was the Schick any better than the usual Feather Professional? No, I don’t think so. This razor works very well with Feather blades. Two great passes and a fine result.

Back
Top Bottom