SOTD: Saturday May 20 - Friday 26 May 2023.

Tue 23
Soap & Aftershave RazoRock Mudder Focker
Brush Yaqi 24mm Robin Clear Handle
Razor Titan ACRM-2 African Timber Scale
A very good lather and scent from this soap & matching splash.
Today's shave with this razor was so much better. The edge was put through another round of HBA and finished on the full diamond balsa progression again. Smoother and definitely keener in 3 passes for a bbs-dfs result...
20230523_105415.jpg

SOTD: 23rd May 2023.

tues.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face
Brush: Omega 10077.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol Shaving Soap.
Razor: Parker 94R. - Dorco Prime Platinum. (D1)
Gillette guard. (Head/Dome)- (D5.)
Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Alcolado Glacial mentholated Splash Lotion./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning Shave,

A relaxing early morning cold water face & head shave...

I've went for a menthol themed shave today the Proraso gave cooling kick for both my face & head sensors.

The Gillette Guard on it's 5th and final outing still performed well feeling smooth & efficient enough resulting in another smooth acceptable head shave.

A enjoyable early comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face & head are feeling cool & smooth.

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.

SotD-22/05/23.

Pre: - Hot Shower & Steamed Towel
Razor : - Rex Konsul Slant XL (4&2)
Blade: - Razolution (New)
Brush: - M&F Brad Sears 'Moon Java' (26mm)
S&S: - N.O. Joker
EdP: - J.M. Lime Basel & Mandarin

After a weekend in the garden toiling away, or should I say supervising my better half a much needed citrus scrape.

Happy Shaves To All .

View attachment 106139View attachment 106140View attachment 106141View attachment 106142
Cracker, hope you enjoyed it!

SOTD 23-May
20230522_153901.jpg
Brush: Dogwood DG B16
Soap: SS Valentia
Razor: R41GS
Blade: Super Thin (2)

Excellent shave, after the CG Gen 1 Lvl 3 and Blackland Dart over the last few days this really feels like a little puppy. Not to say it's any less efficient but certainly feels a lot less shavette like! The cracking Signature lather obviously helped that along nicely so can't downplay its part!

Perfect finish with minimal effort, hope everyone has a grand one!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
f8Lxf1P.png

RAZOR: Charcoal Goods Everyday
BLADE: Perma-Sharp Super
BRUSH: Heritage Ever-Ready 200 26mm SHD Gel
LATHER: Truefitt and Hill Sandalwood Luxury Shaving Soap

Tuesday 23 May
The 1970 Super Speed P4 is a very tactile razor, it feels very comfortable and well balanced and easily dealt with todays stubble. Even fitted with a 7o’clock sharp edge 4th use it provided a smooth blemish free finish in 2 passes plus pick ups.
My Tabac soap now in the old barbers soap bowl is actually quite old compared with most of my soap stash, still smells great and lathers easily. However, it’s not as old as the Ambrosia shaving cream (perfumed with almonds) lid. That must have been an interesting shaving cream in it’s day. It’s origins go back to Ancient Greece where it was a food of the gods offering longevity or even immortality to anyone who consumed it. Today amongst other things it’s an American variety of fruit salad in the Southern US. Edible shaving cream giving immortality? There’s a thought :unsure: better buy some more shaving gear, don’t want to run out.
Have a great day fellas!

IMG_0088.jpeg

23 May

Geo F Trumper Eucris
Simpson M7 Manchurian
Gillette 195 Adjustable E4
Gillette Silver Blue
Geo F Trumper Eucris

CFC7CB3D-E4C4-4BE3-917D-18E5078A981B.jpeg
A classic shave this morning. A superb lather from the M7 and Eucris and a close and comfortable two passes with the Fatboy. The M7 has started to shed a few hairs each shave so it may become a showpiece very soon.

SOTD 20230523 Eccellenza by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Brush: Yaqi R1821
    SK06 Horse Synth, 28x57x136mm, Rainbow Acrylic, 119g
  • Soap: Kakashi Soap Calendula
  • Razor: Jaguar Solingen Orca 3807 Long Blade
  • Blade: Jaguar Solingen JT3 Orca Lunghe #16
  • After: Geo F. Trumper Skin Food
    West Indian Extract of Limes (sample, repack)
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
zhHCx43.jpg

Full size: 1200x900px
Soundtrack: Hans Zimmer - Dune (OST, Live)

Back
Top Bottom