SOTD: Saturday May 20 - Friday 26 May 2023.

7kSjixj.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Leonidam Horus Silvertip Badger
Soap: Sir Irisch Moos
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Sir Irisch Moos Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Knize Forest EdT

Wonderful lather and scent as always from Sir Irisch Moos.

Sunday 21 and Monday 22 May

Sunday saw the 1977 TTO and today the 1947 gold Aristocrat one piece, which is also a TTO but some 30 years older. The passage of time hasn’t diminished performance of these amazing Gillettes. I used the Personna Super U.S. , the Stallion soap by RazoRock, and Crabtree and Evelyn super badger brush. Perhaps not surprising that I got a dfs on both occasions.
Anyway, I think I know what a badger is but what the hell is a Super Badger? one of the Marvel comics super heroes maybe? :ROFLMAO:
Moving on, the presentation boxes of these razors to potential buyers had indeed moved on over the years from small leather-cloth metal box (Aristocrat) to plastic see through. In hindsight, which is a wonderful thing, we might say this was a backward move which created more plastic destined for land fill but at the time I guess the marketing gurus thought it a good idea for customers to see what they were getting and it was cheap to produce. :unsure:

On that philosophical note, enjoy your day fellas!

IMG_0087.jpeg

SOTD
Pre Proraso White
Gillette F@tboy F4 with Gillette Super Blue.
Omega Boar brush.
Proraso White soap and balm.

That was a lovely relaxing shave. The F@tboy was used on settings 7, 6, and 5.
The Proraso made a great rich lather built with the Omega brush, especially when used with the pre shave, and provided an extremely comfortable shave whilst giving a comforting scent. The balm is very moisturising and left me feeling smooth and supple.
Happy Shaving

20230522_160743.jpg

22/5/23

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Soap - Cella Bio
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 22mm
Razor - Gillette NEW LC
Blade - Brazil Gillette Wilkinson Sword (8)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Makler Celebration

Great combination with the Cella Bio and Makler Celebration, two nice clean citrus scents which work well together. The Brazilian Wilk Sword is still going strong, I'm impressed with the blade.

Have a good start to the week gents.

IMG_20230522_174836.jpg

Needed a no fuss shave today and the Flexi was already loaded with an Astra SP, I forgot how many runs it's had, 4 or 5. Still set just under 2 on the adjuster which is fairly mild. The Droyts glycerine soap bar (not the shave soap) makes an excellent preshave wash and is very slick so I wash, rinse, then put just a little back on before I whipped up a lovely almond lather with the red Cella on the Moka Express. Easy, effective, still remarkably smooth and sharp after I'm sure 4 or 5 already. Sometimes I find the Flexi a bit heavy and with more adjustment up the aggressive end than I need, but go easy with it and it delivers in spades. I did 3 passes but 2 were enough really.
20230522_180317.jpg

A double bill of Cella today combined with a blade I've only used once before many years ago, because I only have two of them left and they're pretty rare.
A good, close, comfortable shave.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Mk. I Adjustable 195 'Fatboy' (1960)
Blade: Eversharp Super Stainless
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Cella
Aftershave: Cella Lozione Dopobarba https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/646bbade7561cd6e4045c542

PXL_20230522_182459668.jpg
May 22. 2023.

Milky May.

Razor - Ever-Ready Natural Angle single edge
Blade - Gem - Fresh blade
Soap - Signature Soaps - Capra Derventio
Brush - Ever-Ready boar
Post - Sig Soaps - Matching splash

A lovely shave in the smallest hotel bathroom ever!
Difficulty in uploading all of this because the hotel WiFi is absolutely rubbish!
Will not be getting a five star review!

Until the next time,
Enjoy your shaves.

Paul.

IMG_1695.jpeg
SOTD: 22/05/2023

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium, 3rd use
Brush: Highlander Chubby Style Boti Fan Knot Synthetic
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Lothur Oregon Croap