SOTD: Saturday May 13 - Friday 19 May 2023.

SOTD 20230514 PPostions by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Brush: Oumo Brush, Babel Nebula, Sparrow S1, 27x50x115mm, 93g
  • Software: Seven Potions Full Shave Kit
    Preshave Oil Pure Equilibrium | Shave Cream | Postshave Balm
  • Razor: Gillette Labs UK 2023 Exfoliating Razor Neon Night Edition FlexDisc #22
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
#Test #Titanic #Multiblade #WIP
x1fLsZF.jpg

Full size: 1200x600px
Soundtrack: The Hot Sardines - When I Get Low I Get High (by Ella Fitzgerald) feat. Alan Cumming

Sunday AM 2023-05-14
Mothers Day
R7xfwtq.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Ivory Finest (24/53)
Penhaligon's Racquets Formula shaving cream (vintage)
Wolfman WR2-SB/Bob's Razor Works Aristocrat Bull Mastiff Bronze
Iridium Super (8)
Paco Rabanne 1 Million aftershave

A great relaxed shave today. The brush is one of my softest, with feather-light hair tips. But it made excellent lather. The cream's top notes are linden blossom, lavender, geranium, lemon and bergamot; middle notes are ylang-ylang, cloves, cedar and rose; base notes are oakmoss, musk, amber, incense and vetiver. The razor did its usual fine job, leaving me BBS. And a soothing finish was provided by the aftershave, with top notes of blood mandarin, grapefruit and mint; middle notes cinnamon, spicy notes, and rose; and base notes of amber, leather, woody notes, and Indian patchouli. It blended perfectly on this very warm morning with the cream's scent.

This morning I was remembering my mother and an episode almost 60 years ago, when I was a brainless teen, and I let her smoke a bit of a marijuana joint, because she had said she was curious about why kids were using it. She had a fit of giggles that must have lasted half an hour, but she decided she didn't want to do it again.
5iypu96.jpg

After using the blue tip super speed for a couple of shaves at the end of last week that didn't do the Bolzano blade any justice, I swapped it into the 1950s British super speed flare tip.
Bloody brilliant!
I think this razor is in an absolute sweet spot in between the US flare tip and the red tip. I think its a good job Gillette didn't employ and send over Mr (now President) Biden, or he would have stopped those pesky Brits from meddling and producing what I think is the best of the super speed razors. [Just like they did with the Brit flat bottom Tech!]

Anyhow, used my replenished blue barbershop splash with margaritas in the Arctic tip go with warmer weather. Then I came back to my current top combo that is also loved by Mrs D- so I'm onto a winner there!

Have a great upcoming week folks.

Attachments

• 20230514_211203.jpg
    20230514_211203.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230512_111522.jpg
    20230512_111522.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 6
Mon 15
Soap & Aftershave Yaqi Musketeer Rapier
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake
Razor Joseph Elliott 13/16 "Fine India Steel"
Good soap & splash scent with a nice enough lather whip-up by the excellent brush.
This razor is just awesome! Smooth and crisply keen after the roo leather, enjoyed only 2 passes and it was sufficient for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230515_114236.jpg

SOTD 15-May
20230514_143358-01.jpeg
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: B&M Sandalwood
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE

Nice shave this morning, couple of days growth and a pleasant two pass with the sabre saw levels down to more than acceptable levels. Should've looked outside before stumbling zombie like into the bathroom though, the sandalwood is nice but being a sunny day I could've done with something lighter.

Not to worry, pleasant shave and a scent I still like. Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

View attachment 105647
May 14. 2023.

Razor - Ever-Ready 1912 fitted with a E-R Streamline handle
Blade - Personna Gem
Soap - Signature Soaps - Capra
Brush - Alpha Bulldog silvertip fan
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - Citron Citron - Miller Harris EDP

A wonderful shave for Milky May, the Sig Soaps Capra always whipps up to a luxurious creamy lather and my skin loves it!
The E-R 1912 was perfect, the sound whilst shaving is something that you have to hear for yourself, you certainly know when it's at the perfect angle!
A super smooth finish leaving my skin soft and supple.
A few sprays of Citron Citron is perfect for this warm weather we have at the moment.

Until the next time, stay safe and shave happy! :)

Paul.
Thank you and what a fabulous image!

A little bit rushed this morning. The Moka Express made a lovely job of the T&H soap in no time.
2nd run of an Astra SP in the heavy Pearl Flexi, but dialled back to just below 2. A safe and mild shave but nonetheless, decent end result. Creightons balm and a splash of Zingari Man Navigator, somehow I wasn't in the mood for much of a fragrance today, which is unusual. 20230515_091451.jpg

Back
Top Bottom