SOTD: Saturday March 25 - Friday 31 March 2023.

eyb5FNu.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Cream: Santa Maria Novella
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (1.20mm)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (6)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Declaration Grooming Unconditional Surrender Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Santa Maria Novella Acqua Di Cuba EdC

A truly excellent shave.

SOTD 20230326 Passero by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Brush: Oumo Brush, Babel Nebula, Sparrow S1, 27x50x115mm, 93g
  • Soap: Erasmic Shaving Stick 50g
  • Razor: Merkur 761 Futur Adjustable Shiny Chrome
  • Blade: Bolzano Super Inox #7
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
#Test #3017 #ShavingSoap #RIP

26 March, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super
Brush: Simpsons Duke 3 Best
Soap: Grooming Dept: Mumtaz
Fragrance: Loumari Saja

this Kairos SE ( Lamb Tallow + Emu Oil ) base really is spectacular, and with the Weber performing like a champ with the Wizzie, it is no surprise that the resulting shave was an absolute joy.

26/3/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - Palmolive Cream
Brush - ApSc SynBad 22mm
Razor - 50's Tech
Blade - Astra Superior Platinum (3)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Brut Original

No time for a picture today. Nice shave though, I think @Bogeyman was right all along about the post war English Tech.

A few simple things to the Tech recipe, the blade is clamped across the line and with a brass head. Produces a nice smooth shave incredibly consistently. Seems to work with a lot of different blades as well.

One small obvious statement to make.

I truly love my Techs.

Sunday 26th March

AMWts8BhhpPZ3J_isAbk73nhiDa6tS92KvLgj1LT2ZZ4CCM3-hstyRCrCc3Gv-zEpArGbNq7SKDyTcUdcVOyB__cOdjDh9nzdQ5HEQKahIUdcnke0pYEISERkpjXkRctgE6X9gJd6EoU8ePkn9nVLwCqupv9LQ=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Tabac (Vintage) Shaving Stick & SOC Taj Pure Bristle 24mm
Muhle Rocca Gold & Dorco Prime
Tabac Aftershave

Taking a brief step away from Lord over this weekend with the ST-300 yesterday and the STP-300 tonight, really just as a reality check with another brand which I think relates well to Lord - the ST-300 much akin to the better of the Super Stainless class (like the Racer or ASCO, certainly the Lord Extra or Classic) and the STP-300 akin, again, to the standout brands in the Platinum Class (again, Racer and ASCO).

Both shaves very much enjoyed and could actually make either a regular shave.

I've been a bit sniffy about the Dorco Prime in the past and again, I think it's my heavy-handed technique that has given me a bad impression as it is certainly a very sharp blade and really is an efficient shave, yes, much like the Lord Platinum Class.

Yeah! With a slight adjustment of technique and the Muhle Rocca, which you really can't get a bad shave out of, I think I have another choice on my list now. Maybe not a top 20 blade, but it's probably a top 25 blade.

View attachment 103042

Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Brush: Simpson 24mm Captain 2 Best
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: DR Harris Marlborough
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Molton Brown Tobacco Absolute EDT
Oh but that’s lovely. Very nice indeed and very classy.

Back
Top Bottom