Your favourite aftershaves and why?

At the moment Old Spice / Proraso / Bay rum ...

Old spiceand bayrum for the smell and the stingofthe latter / proraso for the cooling feeling.

I m waiting for a delivery of some Myrsol though, so I may add to the list :)

Reading the question purely as aftershave lotions with short lived scents, I omitted to add Colognes and EDTs.

D R Harris Arlington is a new favourite Cologne - very simple as a lovely citrus blast and floral fern thereafter; Trumper's English Fern is more complex, permitting a mossy base to rise through the fern in wafts through the day.

More conventional, I've work Armani Acqua Di Gio for years and never get tired of it. Most recently, I've found Dolce & Gabbana The One For Men as a really fly evening scent.

Put some of this on today:

Essenze-by-Zegna-indonesian-oud_high.jpg

Smells amazing!

An aromatic / oriental woody scent. The rose really blends well with the oud which is delicately smoky and reminiscent of incense notes.

Surprisingly long lasting too for an EdT. I've had it for a good few months and still reach for it regularly.

rum said:
Smells amazing!

An aromatic / oriental woody scent. The rose really blends well with the oud which is delicately smoky and reminiscent of incense notes.

Surprisingly long lasting too for an EdT. I've had it for a good few months and still reach for it regularly.

Will proceed to hunt it down and show no mercy :icon_rolleyes::icon_razz:

rum said:
Do give us your opinion when you can!

Seriously how do you hunt these things down - your frag shelf must be loaded, now you've mentioned another one I'll have to go and check out at frag sites.

In terms of my faves, well I havent got many but regulars:

Floid genuine - love this amber menthol, wish I could get something similar along these vibes,
DR H Windsor - great and glad I went for this over Arlington in the end as very simillar to TdH (I might get Arlington for the summer but undecided on this vs GFT)
Ogallala BR and Sandalwood - theres something I love above this - I think its the SW but tbh Im unsure of what 'Sandalwood' smells of - so Im looking to get a pure SW AS at some point.
Might try proraso next or Myrsol balsamica

Hodda said:
rum said:
Do give us your opinion when you can!

Seriously how do you hunt these things down - your frag shelf must be loaded, now you've mentioned another one I'll have to go and check out at frag sites.

Well I am a bit of a freak when it comes to all things that smell good. I keep an eye out whenever I'm out and tend to sniff things whenever and wherever possible.

The Zegna Essenze range is really quite impressive.

Back
Top Bottom