Your favourite aftershaves and why?

My favourite is not an aftershave lotion as such but a balm. It's called Weleda ASB and was recommended to me here by the kind membership of TSR.

I tend to shave in the evening, so a light splash of scent in an aftershave lotion is just the ticket for me. Eau de Cologne in the morning ...

So far, I've really enjoyed Brut and Old Spice. Being new to DE shaving, I hoovered up all the retro scents to find they're all very nice indeed. Blue Stratos is getting splashed around quite a bit at the moment - seems to compliment Acqua di Gio EDT in the morning very well.

floid blue, because its good. (thanks again factormax :) ) just not a winter scent.

Nishy do encre noir actually have an aftershave version?
i really want to try this but havent found anywhere that stocks it, did you blind buy it?

Ogalalla bay rum and limes, and Harris Pink, because they're both very light and leave the skin feeling good, as well as smelling great. I'm not always about the latter in aftershave splashes.

Proraso for me followed by Old Spice Whitewater which I prefer the scent of but Proraso is just better for the skin.

Also like the Superdrug cheapies, Forest Fresh and Sierran Breeze

For the posh night out with the missus it's Clinique Happy

Blue Stratos has a great scent and face feel.
Pitralon Pure again for both.
Mr Taylor's for scent but it can be a bit too drying/harsh on my chops.
Harris Pink - just got a wee sample from Connaught and really enjoyed it.
Vintage Shulton Old Spice - nothing quite like it!
Steve's Barbershop Bay Rum - the best bar none especially throughout the winter.

One of the big changes for me since I converted has been my aftershaves. I used Givenchy and Floris for many years. Now I'm very happy with Steve's Bay Rum and Nivea - completely different from former splashes and great value.

Back
Top Bottom