World Cup 2014 - fans only!

It's been somewhere close to 30 odd years since Brazil have been beaten at home in a competitive game.

Edit - 39 years is the exact figure.

Re: RE: World Cup 2014 - fans only!

Fido said:
Remember Germany 0 England 5?

What goes round, comes round.
It was 1 - 5 and just a friendly, with Germany then reaching the final a few months later.

Fingers crossed for Germany's big rivals tomorrow for a cracking final.

I hope the Brazilian people remember that they did at least get to the last four. Instead of thinking how poor they were, better to admit they were beaten by a superb team performing at their best on the day. I think Germany might even have given England trouble.

I think that might be wishful thinking, Peter.

I listened to 5 live last night and Tim Vickery was saying how the players from the 1950 world cup were never allowed to forget it as long as they lived (apparently one of them said he always worried he'd be stabbed).

Considering the wealth of appalling stats (not least this is Brazil's heaviest ever defeat) I'd imagine this lot will be worried about being lynched!

When the score was 5-0 I considered whether I would have preferred England to have been on the receiving end as opposed to being eliminated early on - I came to the conclusion that early elimination was preferable.

I don't think England would have been in that position anyway - that game is surely a one-off. The German side oozed class all over - I was watching on my own and still made involuntary shouts and clapped hands when the fourth went in.

Wow. What a game that was, 7 (yes, SEVEN) 1 to the Germans. I can't say if it was pure German play or just bad Brazilian defending. You could even see at the end the German players almost looked apologetic for the Brazilians when they were hugging and shaking hands. They were well and truly raped.

As for who will face them in the final I fancy the Dutch for this, I don't think the Argies have played as well as they can all tournament, even though Messi will always be a threat if he gets half a yard of space.

Back
Top Bottom