World Cup 2014 - fans only!

Damn, I wanted Holland to go through last night, but as van Gaal used his last sub in replacing van Persie with Huntelaar Krul couldn't get his moment again and how it told!!

Still don't think Argentina have been at their best this tournament, bar a couple of moments of genius from Messi. But then you don't have to be to win, you just gotta get the goals and withstand pressure to hang on. Win ugly if you must.

I fancy ze Germans to win this, and I will be watching on BBC1, and not ITV as I don't like their commentary team!

jb74 said:
I hope Germany win it. Best footballing team in the competition, enjoyable to watch. Would be deserving champions.

Based on last nights semi, Argentina will defend in numbers again - although I suspect that their semi took far more out of them than did Germany's. I think it's been a very, very good competition so far but I just don't see that carrying over to the final. I'm going for Germany to win an attritional game by the odd goal.

Hopefully an early goal might waken the game up.

The Germans ooze class... two great midfielders in Kroos & Schweinsteiger... something teams like Brazil, Argentina and others are missing.

Whilst I know it's a nothing match, I was just wondering whether this Brazil side would have made it out of the group had the competition not been in Brazil.

They just look a very ordinary side.

UKRob said:
Whilst I know it's a nothing match, I was just wondering whether this Brazil side would have made it out of the group had the competition not been in Brazil.

They just look a very ordinary side.

I think it's the lack of depth upfront and Scolari's insistence on playing Luiz instead of Dante in defence. Now there is no Neymar they're having to stick Jo of all people upfront. I remember watching him at City and wondering why they'd spent that much money on him. Also makes you wonder why someone like Coutinho wasn't selected after his performances for Liverpool over the last season and half.

Back
Top Bottom