World Cup 2014 - fans only!

Think Brazil deserved that based on the disallowed goal, think Webb and the linesman got that wrong.

Brave Chile, wouldn't have been disappointed to see them go through either.

Enjoyable game, quality of the footie wasn't great but exciting at times.

For neutrals this World Cup gets better and better. Holland just deserved to win but Mexico were a very good side. Falling convincingly when touched really is quite an art. I guess that is a side of the game neglected by England's coaches! It won the match for Holland.

I haven't watched all that many matches but the standard of refereeing seems to have been quite good. I think most refs would have given Holland that penalty Peter. In fact, if Robben had trailed his leg earlier on when he skipped over the defender's lunge, I think it would have been a dead cert as well.

Agreed Rob - I think it was a fair enough award. Also agree with the comment about the spectacle for the neutrals, Peter. There have been some fantastic matches and today's turnaround was high drama indeed!

cruciate said:
Ridiculous. We were poor yesterday, yes. And Gerrard made a mistake, yes.
But England as a team have played more interestingly than I've seen for years. Prior to the mistake Gerrard was the best player on the field.
Knee jerk reactions saying Roy out, Gerrard out are stupid.

Its a results game - interesting.....will not please too many people.

Back
Top Bottom