who's your team?

St Johnstone and Celtic (in that order)
Not a huge football fan but I try to keep an eye on how they are doing and get along to the odd St Johnstone game when I can.
Watch far more rugby than football though

My God Daz, you could have warned me about the Celtic connection! Not sure I want to use that "sample" now. Not holy water is it?? ;)

Rangers, Queen of the South and Carlisle for me.

thrifty said:
My God Daz, you could have warned me about the Celtic connection! Not sure I want to use that "sample" now. Not holy water is it?? ;)

Rangers, Queen of the South and Carlisle for me.

:icon_razz:
hehehe, nah you'll be safe to use it without bursting into flames mate!
I don't really support them as such and I suppose you couldn't really call me a fan. When I stopped playing rugby I got roped into playing fives even though I had never kicked a round ball before in my life. Most of the guys I played with were celtic fans and it just rubbed off. I like to see them do well, except when they play against saints that is. I also support every Scottish team when they are playing against non Scottish teams, including Rangers. Probably one of the few Celtic supporters that cheers on the Gers when they are playing in Europe. I don't understand the mentallity of football fans sometimes? My mate is Celtic daft and has a season ticket, but he wont watch or support the Scottish national team or any other Scottish team in Europe, very strange indeed

Aston Villa for me.

Season ticket holder in the Holte End until I moved down to Essex with my job and then just got tickets as needed. Haven't been much since my Dad died though as it was always good excuse to drive up to Brum, see the family and go to the match with my Dad.

Lived in Southend for 13 years now and do pop along and watch Southend United about 4 or 5 times a season but it's only cos I enjoy watching football. So they have become a sort of 2nd team due to being local.

Stoke city 2nd oldest club in the world and one of the original founders of the football league.

A good friend of mine was a pro so have watched him many times playing for burnley (great drinking area) Darlington, shrewsbury, Bradford and stoke.

Season ticket holder, kids stopped me going away.

Going to stoke gets me 19 weekends out with my mates

Burgundy said:
Wolverhampton Wanderers. Miserable time of it these days.

You have my sympathies (having followed a similar path many moons ago). That said, the parachute payments will make a massive difference next year plus you've got a fantastic support base on which to build. I would imagine your recovery will be pretty quick and turning the corner will probably lead to a sharp upward trend.

ChopperHarris said:
Burgundy said:
Wolverhampton Wanderers. Miserable time of it these days.

You have my sympathies (having followed a similar path many moons ago). That said, the parachute payments will make a massive difference next year plus you've got a fantastic support base on which to build. I would imagine your recovery will be pretty quick and turning the corner will probably lead to a sharp upward trend.
Fingers crossed - some good childhood memories at Molineux even if I haven't made many home games since moving to the south. Grandpa has better memories still from the 50s and following the team around Europe - beating a particularly strong Hungarian team is one of his favourite anecdotes.

Man U here... My uncle got me into them as a nipper when Ryan Giggs was a youth so he became my idol when I was into playing football.

I've lived in and around London all my life and I have a big soft spot for Tottenham and deep down I know my supporting life would be so much easier (would be able to vist more home games) and I'd get a lot less grief if they were my team but Man United is in my heart. I follow Dagenham & Redbridge too (League Two) as I lived near their ground some years ago.

Back
Top Bottom