What made your day a good one

Amongst other things, Tigers taking Saints away. Home or away is a good day but away has a special twist to it, especially as we also pretty much knocked them out of play-off contention and ourselves pretty much in.

Tell me about it ....... Not a water big enough these days and they're shoving cats in there ....... My nephew and all his mates are dying to hit into one ......

Catfish are a strange kinda thing for me, having grown up catching fish with scales. Only thing like a cat in my fishing history till the 30s was catching a rare and unpleasant bullhead down at Lake Michigan while fishing for perch. Bullheads are quite an ugly thing and is a small cat of some kind. Yellow and black.....not good.

The catfish will croak occasionally and also live many hours out of water. They have some 'stingers' that will hurt you if stuck with the goo covered spines. Hah, my poor mom got caught by one during a vacation and it got unpleasant.

Eating em is amazingly popular but growing up not trying those has put me off the idea permanent like. NO desire to taste it.

Not a bad fighter but man, they are slippery when you grab those squirmy things. There's a place about 70 miles from here that's known for big Blues.

Creepy fishes.

I don't think the US blue cat grows as large as the European Wels, that can get up and over 200lbs +

In the seveneties a German fella decided the River Ebro in Spain was good habitat for cats and zander to thrive so he drove some stock from his native Germany and introduced the alien fish to it's new evironment (highly illegal). A few decades of perfect conditions and the Ebro is the probably the place to fish for record size catfish.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-15122405

What made my day a good one was coming back here to the seriously off thread serendipity of TSR. Long may it reign! Whassup Tony and Mary?? :)

Hey Toots, what's cookin,

Nice seeing you all done with hibernation finally. I would bet you are gonna have some new stuff before too long. Plus a bunch of TSR members who don't know your creations yet. It's almost not fair to them.....heh.

Always pleasant typing in your direction,

M Bone

In the seveneties a German fella decided the River Ebro in Spain was good habitat for cats and zander to thrive

No kidding, a zander is something new to me. Saw some people fishing for it and did some reading about it and first thing I noticed was the fish resembled a walleye pike a lot. Eyes especially but body shape too. Turns out both are relatives but different locations.

Walleye is a favorite of mine. Big breaded fillets of mild wonderfulness, sautéed with butter and a little oil. Usually it's fresh from Canada.

I usta go on week long fishing trips for those and Northern Pike, a much bigger and nastier fish. Big teeth also. Shore lunch would be both kinds breaded and fried in lard. Whew, they were both tasty.

I learned a new fish......thanks!

Last edited:
Hey Marly! Always nice typing in your direction too. Definitely done with the hibernation at least whilst the light lasts. Not planning much new on the shaving soap front at the moment. Main plans at the moment are to have approx 20 scents in the shaving soap (both Signature and Original) and to have them all available in bath soaps also. Apart from that I'm also getting into goat milk bath soaps at the moment, and will be listing some in the next few weeks. It's such a thrill when they don't go brown and smell of ammonia. :) So far, I have curing unscented, lavender and calendula petal (same scent as Soapy in the shaving soaps and Calendula Petal n the ordinary bath soaps). Not sure what other scents to use, suggestions welcome.

Visit to the hospital after having three NF1 related lumps removed a few months ago. All benign, one had a blood vein issue but nothing to worry about. All scars looking good and healed up nicely, so I'm signed off.

Nice day out with SWMBO, a snack out and a good think about a holiday next year. So it's save, save, save now for three weeks in California next July. Plans are to fly to San Francisco, get a hire car and drive route 1, taking in all that has to offer, stops on the way to L.A. Then on to San Diego. Can't wait !

Walleye is a favorite of mine. Big breaded fillets of mild wonderfulness, sautéed with butter and a little oil. Usually it's fresh from Canada.

I've never tried that, Marty ...... But after reading that, sitting here winding down after pedalling into work, my little bowl of cornflakes now seems so inadequate.

In short ..... I'm bleedin' starving now :D

First pip over 20 degrees ... although snow forecast for the weekend.

I've been wearing Sung Homme today, which makes me very happy and I'm about to go shave with MWF, which makes me very happy. I'll enjoy a nip of rum and read my feeds before bed ... which makes me very happy.

Today was a good day.

After 2 weeks of hell due to telling my boss ive been offered an amazing oppertunity with the company im being subbed out to and im going to accept there offer, and him throwing his dumby,teddy and rattle out of his pram smashing 2 mobile phones up (both his) Monday i gave 2weeks notice today i got a start date of Monday 2nd May 2016 and my boss turned back into the person that ive enjoyed working with for the last 5 years.
9 days and counting, time for a change a new chapter in employment. Cant wait

My broadband has been repaired and I now have an internet connection again - it's been off since last week.

Also been reading the proposed plans for a new Shakespearean theatre, based on a 1629 design by Inigo Jones, a mere 10 minute walk from my doorstep which will hopefully bring a little culture and vitality to the economically deprived little town I live in.

I am, of course, completely ignorant to the works of Shakespeare so this might well encourage me to change that.

Back
Top Bottom