What made your day a good one

Cheers. I still keep an eye on this great forum even if I don't post much these days. I've just come through a long debilitating illness which, while not life threatening, wiped me out. So my main focus now is on table tennis again. I was talking this week with a guy still playing well in our Bournemouth league at 85 - over 70 unbroken seasons. So I may have a few years left. Then there's golf to consider a return to. But one step at a time.

Cheers. I still keep an eye on this great forum even if I don't post much these days. I've just come through a long debilitating illness which, while not life threatening, wiped me out. So my main focus now is on table tennis again. I was talking this week with a guy still playing well in our Bournemouth league at 85 - over 70 unbroken seasons. So I may have a few years left. Then there's golf to consider a return to. But one step at a time.

Sorry to see you haven't been well and pleased your in the mend. Take care and all the very best.

For the first time ... ever ... my lovely little Mimi (the cat) didn't come home last night. Horrible night, awful morning trailing around all the neighbours for a half mile in either direction (the joys of living rural) to see if she'd got stuck in somewhere. Miracle call at lunchtime when a nearby neighbour discovered she'd been in her house all the time. She'd even vacuumed (the neighbour, not the cat) and missed her.

Mimi's back with me this evening ...

It seems we have an Eagle Owl in our valley which has already had a go at another neighbour's cat. He probably got more than he bargained for with Mimi as she's a big cat and quite fierce, but she's my little girl and when I went over to pick her up she was like a scared little kitten in my arms.

No damage done, just frightened.

She's sleeping now on the chair next to my desk and keeps purring when I stop and look over.

She will have forgotten all about it soon enough - but you will treat her extra tenderly for the next ... long time! 'Tis the way with cats, bless 'em, especially 'little girls'.

Bog Snorkling ! Now that truly does send shivers up my spine. Only in Wales.

JohnnyO. o/
Yeah Marty it's one of those crazy sports we have in the UK like bog snorkling, we run around the hills and mountains carrying as many Dogs as possibly singing hyms & arias, It's great fun.

Johnny, them USA hillbillies got bog snorkeling all beat to hell. These guys go swimming around in what's basically a very large mud puddle looking for fishes that can do some damage. Bare hands.....no hooks or nothing, just feeling around blind. Noodling is what the sport's called.

Jamie, have I seen something on youtube recently with you yodeling while running and holding multiple dogs?

I'm not going to make a habit of this but as a sports fan all my life I did chuckle at this email from my 9 year old Grandson:

Hello Grandpa Pete

I had a good day at school today.On a Monday there's a table tennis club and I'm going.
cid:07d900c7-8660-4d66-a8c0-f200614dadbd

I can't believe we beat Man United 3-0 in the end.

Love from ZEB

Sun came out today and thought it would be a nice day to go to a park and pay my monthly bills. Got there found a nice picnic table in a sunny location and started. There about 10mins and started to cold and depressed. Not about the bills but because there was One bud out on any tree and no flowers... Middle of April and not one tree budding[emoji22]
186b969daaa005b787bdf84d410598c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finishing off a 6' fencing screen between me and the ****heads next door. Now I don't have to see them. Sad. Very sad. We've tried talking, we've tried writing, we've had neighbourhood intervention. Now the Council are involved and the Anti-Social Behaviour Unit have asked that I let them help me. They're ****heads ... and now we don't have to see them when we want to enjoy our garden.

With my little cat going missing the other day, I am happy to say that every last single one of my neighbours for a half mile in either direction are really good, decent and nice people. We've been inundated with calls asking after our little cat, is she back? Is there anything they can do? Wonderful people.

Just one dirty turd in the yard!

Well, we're screening them off and we'll clean them up later ...

Back
Top Bottom