What made your day a crap one??

Got woke up at around 5:40 this morning by an intermittent beeping sound. Missus reckoned it was the smoke alarm battery running low as it seemed to be coming from that vicinity but we didn't have any spare batteries in the house, at least none I knew of, and it was nearly time for me to get ready for work anyway.

Work was easy so I got home early around 2ish and the beeping was still happening - every couple of minutes. Gave the alarms a quick vacuum in case it was blocked sensors but no luck. Switched off at the fuse box, took them down and the batteries out.....still the intermittent beep? Trouble is it always sounded like it was coming from the next room or upstairs - apart from when I went in the next room or upstairs and then it sounded like the last room or downstairs:mad:

Possible solution was a Carbon Monoxide detector with a low battery so I checked the CO alarms I knew about but nothing doing. Ended up turning the house upside down looking through shelves, boxes, cupboards and everywhere else for an old smoke/CO alarm tucked away somewhere with a battery still in but no luck.

Then I noticed a CO detector on the front room ceiling, white like the ceiling and just out of sight. It's a rented property so I'm guessing I was out when it was fitted and SWMBO never told me....or I just plain forgot about it. Bingo - Unfortunately you can't just replace the battery and the whole unit needs replacing. Another 20 mins onto the local housing association maintenance line as tenants aren't supposed to just replace safety equipment fitted by the HA.

Just over 3 hours in total of being baffled by where a bloody irritating beep is coming from and getting angrier and angrier at it's taunting little chirrup! I can really appreciate the peace afterwards though!

Got woke up at around 5:40 this morning by an intermittent beeping sound. Missus reckoned it was the smoke alarm battery running low as it seemed to be coming from that vicinity but we didn't have any spare batteries in the house, at least none I knew of, and it was nearly time for me to get ready for work anyway.

Work was easy so I got home early around 2ish and the beeping was still happening - every couple of minutes. Gave the alarms a quick vacuum in case it was blocked sensors but no luck. Switched off at the fuse box, took them down and the batteries out.....still the intermittent beep? Trouble is it always sounded like it was coming from the next room or upstairs - apart from when I went in the next room or upstairs and then it sounded like the last room or downstairs:mad:

Possible solution was a Carbon Monoxide detector with a low battery so I checked the CO alarms I knew about but nothing doing. Ended up turning the house upside down looking through shelves, boxes, cupboards and everywhere else for an old smoke/CO alarm tucked away somewhere with a battery still in but no luck.

Then I noticed a CO detector on the front room ceiling, white like the ceiling and just out of sight. It's a rented property so I'm guessing I was out when it was fitted and SWMBO never told me....or I just plain forgot about it. Bingo - Unfortunately you can't just replace the battery and the whole unit needs replacing. Another 20 mins onto the local housing association maintenance line as tenants aren't supposed to just replace safety equipment fitted by the HA.

Just over 3 hours in total of being baffled by where a bloody irritating beep is coming from and getting angrier and angrier at it's taunting little chirrup! I can really appreciate the peace afterwards though!
At least it was a false alarm and not a proper leak.

Getting word from the neighbour that he is going to acquire 1m2 of land that we have been using for 5years!
Really don't think there is any thing I can do about it but I'm still pissed at the little cock sucking weirdo....

Helping a friends partner with her business tax return and then getting nothing but moaning as she thinks she's a special case who HMRC regulations don't apply to.

Getting word from the neighbour that he is going to acquire 1m2 of land that we have been using for 5years!
Really don't think there is any thing I can do about it but I'm still pissed at the little cock sucking weirdo....
We almost went through this a few years ago. The neighbour backed out in the end.

I'm sure there is some rule that says if you have been using it for a period of time it becomes yours.

Unless less it's a boundary dispute.

Back
Top Bottom