What are you drinking tonight.

92694560-5B3C-4947-8441-EE83AECD4BBC.jpeg

Now that I’m in my late 40’s I don’t drink as often as I used too. But over the last couple of years I’ve started getting more into Bourbon whiskey.

This is what I had last night. It helped me feel not so bad about the Seahawks getting knocked out of the NFL playoffs.

I do like a port, probably more than red wine to be honest. I'm no connoisseur though, on account of lack of education on the subject and avoiding developing any more tastes I can't afford to indulge to the full. I have had stupidly expensive port kindly shared with a friend who had laid down a bottle of unobtanium port some years ago. We both got smashed but I fear I may have overlooked some nuances... Perhaps if we had not already had a skinful of wine before we started, he could have demonstrated the difference between that and the accessible stuff I tend to have in.

Taylors LBV 2017 in the cupboard. Might have a couple of those tonight with dinner actually. It gets forgotten after Christmas all too easily.

I do like a port, probably more than red wine to be honest. I'm no connoisseur though, on account of lack of education on the subject and avoiding developing any more tastes I can't afford to indulge to the full. I have had stupidly expensive port kindly shared with a friend who had laid down a bottle of unobtanium port some years ago. We both got smashed but I fear I may have overlooked some nuances... Perhaps if we had not already had a skinful of wine before we started, he could have demonstrated the difference between that and the accessible stuff I tend to have in.

Taylors LBV 2017 in the cupboard. Might have a couple of those tonight with dinner actually. It gets forgotten after Christmas all too easily.
Out of the blue, and a belated Xmas pressie from my Boss - gifted a bottle of Taylor's 10 year old Tawny port. Is that decent? My first port, and will try tonight

I'm drinking more tea these days vs alcohol in the evenings.
Not what you want to know about I guess.
I spend my time browsing the tea in the supermarket aisle these days.
Twinings Camomile last night.
Big difference to years gone by.
I had one neighbor who drank single malt whisky and water and another the other side was a red wine drinker. Both not with us now. I seemed to cope with the whiskey the best. Water and Ice added.
Had a few nights where I struggled to make the short journey home. Ha .
I've lost that super power now...

I'm drinking more tea these days vs alcohol in the evenings.
Not what you want to know about I guess.
I spend my time browsing the tea in the supermarket aisle these days.
Twinings Camomile last night.
Big difference to years gone by.
I had one neighbor who drank single malt whisky and water and another the other side was a red wine drinker. Both not with us now. I seemed to cope with the whiskey the best. Water and Ice added.
Had a few nights where I struggled to make the short journey home. Ha .
I've lost that super power now...
I

I’m sure I’ll give up drinking alcohol one of these years. At least I’ve slowed down when I hit my mid 40’s. Don’t miss the bar scene anymore. Nor getting sick or being hung over for sure. But I did have some fun times too.

Have a couple of long time friends that still like to drink heavily. I’m kind of worried how they will be health wise 10yrs from now.

Camomile tea is a good one. Don’t have any in the house right now. But when I did. I liked to drink it in the evening. Seemed like I slept better after a couple of cups of camomile tea.

I think over the years. I’ve drank more Earl Grey tea than any other.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom