What are you drinking tonight.

What sort of set up have you got? I've never done any home brew, looks a very interesting hobby though.
I just do the can kits, can't be bothered with grain brewing as it means boiling loads of water and holding it at a constant pre determined temperature.
I like the, empty cans into bucket, top off to 23 litres add yeast and forget about it for about 10 days, then bottle and condition for a few weeks.
I started with a youngs ipa home brew starter kit. And grolsch bottles. I now use 650ml bottles and a crown capper (because it is a pain having to bottle over 60 bottles)
Now I have all the gear I can brew for about 60-70 pence a pint.(and that's the expensive kits, can get it down to about 40pence) I have over 200 bottles brewed ready to drink and have not drunk bought beer for over a year.
Sorry for long post

Since I'm feeling poorly and am hoping it has medicinal properties, I'm drinking a 90s Liu Bao tea with honey. The tea is an acquired taste - my OH refers to it as 'compost tea'. It's quite hard to get a decent one at a decent price but I've at least half a pound from one producer and picked up another's recently. The production method apparently changed after the mid(?) 90s. @pjgh has posted about it at 'the other place' (as have I). It benefits from a cleaning steep for a few seconds, before proceeding to make a brew. I do like a nice cuppa and own an entire book devoted to tea ... :D

Yes, I prefer full fat but if I'm on it all night I find the sugary sensation in my mouth unpleasant. I tend to use diet versions in all my mixers.

... err ... just dilute the unfermented sugary drink with ever increasing amounts of the fermented and distilled sugary drink until it's 1:1. At that point, it's time for bed! No, good call. It goes down too easy, that combo ... especially with the lime and lots of ice.

Some Duke Bourbon

First time trying this. I doubt you will be able to find this. But if you do. Get a bottle.

This bourbon is good enough to drink straight.

1897954E-2407-4113-9FDE-625A6DAF7099.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom