Waterhouse custom razor passaround

Thanks for the feedback Rob. I'm glad it worked well for you. I haven't tested the hardness but it will be around 60rc so certainly harder than vintage razors. Let's stick with the original order and send it to braveblades next and Paul can give it a whirl after jaycey.

I hope I've sent braveblades details to you Rob but I'm on holiday using my mobile. Let me know if you haven't received it.

Razor received today - Thanks Rob. I will try it out tomorrow and again on Sat - then will get it sent to next person on Monday
Initial impressions:
Heavy - I love its rustic look - looking forward to giving it a whirl. :)

Jamie has indicated that since he has the straight you made that i should skip him in the list and forward onto the next in line - That would be Mylo
If I can get the address before Monday............

Hmmm shaved with this lovely item today. Whilst I can bask in its looks all day. Sadly its use I am struggling with.
Indeed it did give me a pretty decent shave. But its weight has thrown me off somewhat. Combined with it's handle (I just can't get a grip im comfortable with)
In short a somewhat awkward shave.
Mike. I love its aesthetics. But for me not a razor I could use daily. If you'd like to send me Mylo address I'll try to get it sent off to him asap.

Thanks for the honest feedback. It took me a few goes to get comfortable with it, it's so different from the razors most of us use. I guess they will always need to be heavier than two piece razors but I will try a much thinner tang/handle on the next one of these I make for comparison. I'll send you Mylos address later when I can get on a computer.

Thanks BraveBlades. Sorry I haven't replied before but I've been out of the country and with limited internet access. Looking forward to trying it.

Razor received, thanks BraveBlades. I see what everyone means about the bevel, it really is tiny. Looking forward to using it tomorrow.

Glad it reached you safely Myles :)

I'm also glad to hear the comments on the size of the bevel. A lot of work has gone into grinding these razors so thin! They pass the thumb nail test before honing meaning it takes very little work to set the bevel and will make subsequent honning very straight forward.

I'll look forward to hearing how the shave goes. Feel free to hold on to it long enough to use it a couple of times.

Glad it arrived okay mate. Looking forward to seeing what you think of it. As im the only negative feedback so far. Though im putting it down to the pigs tits I have for fingers :(

I don't see your comments as negative mate. I didn't do this just to have my ego stroked :)

The only way my work will improve is by getting honest feedback.

Re: RE: Waterhouse custom razor passaround

mikew said:
I don't see your comments as negative mate. I didn't do this just to have my ego stroked :)

The only way my work will improve is by getting honest feedback.

I appreciate your response mate. I really wanted to love everything about it as it really tickled my fancy. Just using it I struggled with.

Back
Top Bottom