UNUTA 77

Lose the beard said:
I bought the sample pack and they turned up pretty quick. I need to get another order in to stock up on the good ones.

How many more blades do I need, I must have about 2,000 now.

I shave every second day, only take three shaves from a blade and if I shelve my straights and SE's it would take me 33 years to use up 2000 blades! I may have had a glass or bottle of wine, so my maths may be askew. :icon_wink:

I think you are about right, even at 1 new blade per day I must have 6 years supply, I tend to make a blade last 3 shaves so that's about 18 years. Having used my new Feather AC SS today for the first time I may have re evaluate how many DE blades I need.

Lose the beard said:
I think you are about right, even at 1 new blade per day I must have 6 years supply, I tend to make a blade last 3 shaves so that's about 18 years. Having used my new Feather AC SS today for the first time I may have re evaluate how many DE blades I need.

I saw your SOTD, is it much better than a 'real' straight?

Voskhod Teflon....Used one of these this morning.

I'm keeping the shaving system the same, in the name of consistency until I've worked my way through the blades in the sample pack..

Nannys Neroli Shaving soap
1944 Gillette Tech
Face lather with Finest Badger Brush

SO.......shower...a good swirl round the shaving soap to load the brush, and applied directly to pre wetted face...an excellent lather with this soap, it smells initially like a freshly clipped hedge, but fades to a quite wonderful, sweet "candy" scent on rinsing off..

First pass with the grain...Initially this blade appeared to be better than a Gillette Yellow without the initial tugging at my whiskers...

Rinse, re-soap and second pass..across the grain....not quite as smooth on the face as the Gillette Yellow after the first tuggy pass, but there isn't much in it...

Third pass...against the grain....Again this blade didn't feel quite as smooth on the face as the Gillette Yellow, though the end results were the same..a very smooth face with no apparent rough areas anywhere, even the tricky bit under the jawline...

Finish with thorough rinse in hot water to remove any soap residue, then a thorough rinse in icy cold water to close the pores...Application of Nivea cream ( in blue pot) as a moisturiser...and job done.

Voskhod Teflon.....They give good results, but I prefer the Gillette Yellow at this stage..I don't think I'd want to bulk buy the Voskhod Teflons, The Gillette Yellows have a slight edge in overall smoothness..though both blades appear to be equally sharp..and both have equally good whisker removing ability.

Tomorrow I will give the Voskhod a second run, to see if it is any smoother.. (as the Yellows seem to be after the first use)..I only use razor blades for two shaves anyway....not worth struggling on with a blunt blade for what they cost...

I reckon Andrey must be doing fairly well for himself off the back of all this chatter across the boards... I remember starting to buy from him about 10 months back when Voshkod were much less popular and his sales were fairly slow, now his name has become quite well known these days and I imagine it's now quite a nice line for him. These blades muct cost him pennies! I bet he sometimes wonders why the sudden western interest in Russian blades.

What would a blade dealing millionaire be known as in Russia? A steeliarch? A cuttiarch?

FrankieG said:
Al H said:
12 days from purchase to delivery

Very good

Same here :)

I think that may depend on where in Russia your item is posted from. My Unuta77 order cleared Moscow customs in one day. A razor, I bought, was posted from Novosibirisk on 14th feb arrived in Moscow on the 18th but wasn't given to customs until the 7th march. I'm still waiting on both but I think I will receive my blades from Unuta77 first, somehow, despite being purchased one calendar month later.

I had 2 orders in from Unuta77 placed roughly a week apart they both arrived together today :icon_razz: The last order was placed on the 11th dispatched on 13th, earlier order placed on 7th dispatched on 8th.
Thats the nature of the Russian postal system.
I should be stocked up with blades for quite sometime...:blush:
Brian

Strange how our perception of blades is so different..After reading comments on how good the swedes were, I was expecting great things, but unfortunately found them to be a rather "tuggy shave"...Close yes, but a long way short of pleasant to use, again, for me not as good as the Gillette sharpedge yellows...or perhaps its just a poor pack.

Sputnicks...now we are talking a seriously smooth, sharp blade. An absolute pleasure to use, probably the smoothest most comfortable blade I have ever used..and I've sampled quite a few believe me........definitely on the bulk buy list...and a replacement for the Gillette yellows and Feathers...

I'll try one of the Rubies tomorrow, see how we get on with them.....

GOLDCREST said:
Strange how our perception of blades is so different..After reading comments on how good the swedes were, I was expecting great things, but unfortunately found them to be a rather "tuggy shave"...Close yes, but a long way short of pleasant to use, again, for me not as good as the Gillette sharpedge yellows...or perhaps its just a poor pack.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one! I'm going to try them in all my razors eventually, but I found them horrid in my 34c - effective as you say but rough as anything, and only marginally less nasty in my DE89l.

Back
Top Bottom