TSR sit down 6:th of August - now with pics from the meet...

RE: TSR sit down 6:th of August - now with rare razor sale too ...

I got to my job in time. Shame I couldn't stay longer. It was a great afternoon looking in the shops with other like minded people,

I'm also home. What a nice afternoon with some nice people....

The roll call was:

Mikael
Canuck
Jon Hall
Natjag
SirPrize
Missingskin
Fido

We met up at 1400 and then moved on by 1430 to tour (in order) Trumpers, Taylors, DR Harris, Truefitt and Hill. Some people bought more than others... the aquisitions thread will be interesting in the next week! There were some very expensive purchaces but I will leave details to those concerned, IF they want to reveal all.

We finished up with a few beers back at the Chequers as Mikael sold some beautiful rare razors, again those will be revealed on the aquisitions thread.

What a nice day. If you missed out, you did indeed miss out!

Mikael negotiating while Canuck stands by to help:

DSCN1891.jpg

SirPrize decides this is not the place for this photo:

DSCN1893.jpg

Much better here:

DSCN1894.jpg

Some suspicious looks from passers by at the opening of packages at the back of the pub:

DSCN1903.jpg

And missingskin gets the Slant:

DSCN1907.jpg

Beejay pops in by phone to do the raffle:

DSCN1902.jpg

RE: TSR sit down 6:th of August - now with pictures from the meet

^^ Thank you, Peter! It was a great pleasure to share a cigar with you! :D

joe mcclaine said:
I was in the pub at 2.30 didn't know there was an 'out side' asked an Irish fella if there was anything else to the pub, he said 'No' so me and my lad went round the corner for something to eat. Red Lion I think. Church's shoes on the corner. Went to Selfridges in a huff and bought a bottle of Chanel Cuir de Russie as a consolation.

Nooo :icon_cry2:, I think we must've went from there exactly when you arrived :dodgy: I can still meet up and if you want a shaving shop tour, I've got a marked map now, with more shops in the city, besides the ones we went to (thank you Canuck!)...

Thank you guys! I had a terrific time and it was a great pleasure to met you all!!

I bought a Eurisc edt at Trumpers (great people) and then called the shopping a day, but we had some really nice talks and it was great to put faces on some of the handles here.

Trumper2.jpg

Trumper1.jpg

Harrisgang.jpg

DrHarris.jpg

BBrummelTaylor.jpg

Good to see you all had a great day in London gent's, hopefully another meet could be arranged for those that couldn't make it at a later date (Christmas :icon_razz:)

Nice to see you all had a good time - Mikael, did you sell any of the straights?

I hope I can make it next time, whenever that'll be (and/or to make the Glasgow meetup next weekend).

N_Architect said:
Nice to see you all had a good time - Mikael, did you sell any of the straights?

I hope I can make it next time, whenever that'll be (and/or to make the Glasgow meetup next weekend).

No, only the DE:s went, only straight shaver there was me. we did have a great time, nice people and nice shops :D It would have been great t see you K, but I'm happy on your CC:s behalf :D

Jonnhy: Even though we shone like suns the real one didn't show that much, it was dodgy weather in London yesterday.

While we were taking one of the pics, a woman with a glass of wine in her hand walked over from a nearby pub and asked what we were up to. She was duly enlightened. After several minutes of questions from her we politely took our leave. We thought she was going to join us - a potential new TSR member!

Back
Top Bottom