Trumpers Lucky Dip

Nishy said:
Yes they are performing well, I used both the 'moister' creams of recent and both performed very well, whether bowl or face lathered. They do leave a nice slick layer under the cushion and smell fantastic.

Well, I'll find out soon enough! I almost exclusively face-lather nowadays, so I'll see how they cope with that. Will feedback.

Used the cream for the first time this morning.

As Vishy says, very smooth, slick with plenty of cushion. Pleasingly 'old school' fragrance. My skin did feel a little dry afterwards, but nothing a blob of Kiehl's couldn't sort out.

One observation: it has been said that these creams appear dried out, and cracking. I'd suggest that, rather than being old stock dehydrating and on the turn, this is their natural condition. I think they verge towards being a 'croap'.

Would I buy this again? At £4 a pop, certainly. But the vendor seems to be increasing the price by the second (at last look they were going for £5 a go). If they moved to £6, then probably not, as that price is precariously close to the genuine TOBS.

Re: RE: Trumpers Lucky Dip

factormax said:

As Vishy says, very smooth, slick with plenty of cushion. Pleasingly 'old school' fragrance. My skin did feel a little dry afterwards, but nothing a blob of Kiehl's couldn't sort out.

One observation: it has been said that these creams appear dried out, and cracking. I'd suggest that, rather than being old stock dehydrating and on the turn, this is their natural condition. I think they verge towards being a 'croap'.

Would I buy this again? At £4 a pop, certainly. But the vendor seems to be increasing the price by the second (at last look they were going for £5 a go). If they moved to £6, then probably not, as that price is precariously close to the genuine TOBS.
Croap is a much better description, not as hard as cella but not as soft as TOBS. I also agree that it's not old stock, the fragrance lasts even when left open and the cream isn't sticky. £5 a tub is my limit too. Did you manage to relate the scents to any existing products?

factormax said:

Which Kiehl's would that be then? Moisturiser?

I agree if the prices are creeping up then it's probably not worth the effort and 'gamble' of getting a cream you don't like the smell of.

Nishy said:
Kiehls is great stuff I also love clinique post shave or facial scrub fantastic stuff

I need to investigate this line a lot more. They have a shop not too far from me. Wonder if I'll be able to get some discovery pack or some samples...

Also, how does Kiehl's compare to the Weleda ASB?

In all honesty I haven't tried Waleda, but if you go into the store (kiehls) they often have pre packed packs I got one for around £30, which included facial fuel, a face wash and hand cream. I also received 4 samples. It does last a fair time so worth it price wise. Kiehls is slightly mentholated where as clinique has zero menthol. Best features of the two is the light non greasy manner in which they sit on the skin and then quickly absorb moisturising the skin throughout the day. Clinique's shave range is by far superior to anything I've ever tried and I've tried a fair few products, their post shave balm is simply fantastic, cools the skin down, non-greasy and has no odour.

Nishy said:
In all honesty I haven't tried Waleda, but if you go into the store (kiehls) they often have pre packed packs I got one for around £30, which included facial fuel, a face wash and hand cream. I also received 4 samples. It does last a fair time so worth it price wise. Kiehls is slightly mentholated where as clinique has zero menthol. Best features of the two is the light non greasy manner in which they sit on the skin and then quickly absorb moisturising the skin throughout the day. Clinique's shave range is by far superior to anything I've ever tried and I've tried a fair few products, their post shave balm is simply fantastic, cools the skin down, non-greasy and has no odour.

In consistency I think Waleda sits between the two. All three are great, if I had to choose it is a difficult one but the Clinique would edge it, but only by a very narrow margin.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Looks like I have to do some more investigative work!

So far I have had great results with weleda but I have searched long and hard for the perfect balm so it's worth going the extra mile if these are getting such good feedback from you all!

rum said:
Thanks for the feedback guys. Looks like I have to do some more investigative work!

So far I have had great results with weleda but I have searched long and hard for the perfect balm so it's worth going the extra mile if these are getting such good feedback from you all!

Waleda comes up the cheapest at the moment

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Weleda-Mens-After-Shave-100ml/dp/B000ORV0WG/ref=sr_1_47?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1409043059&sr=1-47&keywords=weleda

The Clinique sometimes comes up on offer, but you'll be hard pressed to get a cheaper price on the Kiehls.

Northam Saint said:
rum said:

Waleda comes up the cheapest at the moment

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Weleda-Mens-After-Shave-100ml/dp/B000ORV0WG/ref=sr_1_47?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1409043059&sr=1-47&keywords=weleda

The Clinique sometimes comes up on offer, but you'll be hard pressed to get a cheaper price on the Kiehls.

Thanks.

Found the Clinique in a few places online. It says you must follow with a moisturiser plus it seems there is a post shave healer and a post shave soother. Are they both good? Which one do you use?

Think I'll try to go out to the shops later and check these out myself...

[/quote]

Thanks.

Found the Clinique in a few places online. It says you must follow with a moisturiser plus it seems there is a post shave healer and a post shave soother. Are they both good? Which one do you use?

Think I'll try to go out to the shops later and check these out myself...
[/quote]

Only use the soother, and an aftershave after that. Try Boots, if you smile nicely at the lady behind the counter they do give out samples.

Back
Top Bottom