Trumpers Lucky Dip

Nishy said:
Got mine today, I have all the genuine TOBS so can clearly identify two as both being st James (one has a more pronounced woody fragrance over the light soapyness). Last tub I cannot identify, it is not in the TOBS range. In trumpers I have coconut, rose and violets but none of these suit, it's not almond, lime etc so I'm guessing either Spanish leather or eucris. It smells like a warm aqua tone with a definite woody Base. Somewhat similar to Davidoff cool water but a more pronounced woody note

One issue is the creams look rather dry, my TOBS creams are all quite a light white colour, these look darker probably due to being slightly dried out. Scent wise all are fantastic and not lacking in any way, good price for the product will test out performance tonight.

Can you confirm what size the tubs are?

Ok guys I'm yet to try it, hopeful before MOTD tonight, anyway here's a bit more detail.

Lids have three lines for grip at intervals as opposed to the single lines you find on TOBS and Trumpers. Inside the lids all three pots have a plastic cover inlay, suggesting they are all Trumpers products although I'm pretty sure two are TOBS St James. All pots look to be 200g again suggesting Trumpers. I've included pictures of all three in contrast to genuine TOBS and Trumpers so one can compare. From these pictures you should also be able to tell how dry the creams are, perhaps starting the cracking process. Hoping water and a good mix will sort this.

[attachment=11444][attachment=11445][attachment=11446][attachment=11447][attachment=11448]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1408213164609.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1408213164609.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 69
  • uploadfromtaptalk1408213182147.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1408213182147.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 51
  • uploadfromtaptalk1408213191525.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1408213191525.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 50
  • uploadfromtaptalk1408213199904.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1408213199904.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 47
  • uploadfromtaptalk1408213208557.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1408213208557.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 51
Nishy said:
Ok guys I'm yet to try it, hopeful before MOTD tonight, anyway here's a bit more detail.

Lids have three lines for grip at intervals as opposed to the single lines you find on TOBS and Trumpers. Inside the lids all three pots have a plastic cover inlay, suggesting they are all Trumpers products although I'm pretty sure two are TOBS St James. All pots look to be 200g again suggesting Trumpers. I've included pictures of all three in contrast to genuine TOBS and Trumpers so one can compare. From these pictures you should also be able to tell how dry the creams are, perhaps starting the cracking process. Hoping water and a good mix will sort this.

Thanks for those photos, Nishi. Yes, they do seem to be drying out somewhat. Though I've heard it said that the only real difference between a soap and a cream is water content, so hopefully a wet brush and a lathering up will sort that out.

Look forward to hearing how you get on.

Re: RE: Trumpers Lucky Dip

factormax said:
Nishy said:

Thanks for those photos, Nishi. Yes, they do seem to be drying out somewhat. Though I've heard it said that the only real difference between a soap and a cream is water content, so hopefully a wet brush and a lathering up will sort that out.

Hi factormax, spot on. I used the driest of the three just to make life difficult. A little water, tubby 2 and a bowl then went for it! Here's the results and I'll post my final pic in SOTD but thought I'd share it here as well. Final conclusion great cream well worth 4 quid.
[attachment=11450][attachment=11451][attachment=11452]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1408218054286.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1408218054286.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 64
  • uploadfromtaptalk1408218064050.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1408218064050.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 60
  • uploadfromtaptalk1408218081049.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1408218081049.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 64
Nishy said:
factormax said:
Nishy said:

Hi factormax, spot on. I used the driest of the three just to make life difficult. A little water, tubby 2 and a bowl then went for it! Here's the results and I'll post my final pic in SOTD but thought I'd share it here as well. Final conclusion great cream well worth 4 quid.

Excellent! Thanks for sharing those photos Nishi! Looks very promising!

factormax said:
Nishy said:
factormax said:
Nishy said:

Excellent! Thanks for sharing those photos Nishi! Looks very promising!
Your onto a winner factormax, incidentally I am thinking the other tub is Spanish leather; keep getting leather notes! I think I'll be mesmerised for a little while unless anyone has Spanish leather or eucris and can describe the scent??

Mine arrived today.

Not a lot that I can add that Nishy hasn't already said in his excellent, illustrated report, except to say that two of the pots have a very similar scent to Aqua Velva, so if that's your bag you should be happy with those. The other has a fragrance akin to Spanish Leather/Cussons Imperial Leather.

In appearance and texture, the creams don't resemble either Trumper or Taylor in my opinion, and I don't think these creams were actually made by either of those firms. But, then again, nowhere does the vendor actually state that they are. "After the style of" would be a better description, perhaps.

I haven't actually given them a run out yet, but look forward to doing so tomorrow.

factormax said:
Mine arrived today.

Not a lot that I can add that Nishy hasn't already said in his excellent, illustrated report, except to say that two of the pots have a very similar scent to Aqua Velva, so if that's your bag you should be happy with those. The other has a fragrance akin to Spanish Leather/Cussons Imperial Leather.

In appearance and texture, the creams don't resemble either Trumper or Taylor in my opinion, and I don't think these creams were actually made by either of those firms. But, then again, nowhere does the vendor actually state that they are. "After the style of" would be a better description, perhaps.

I haven't actually given them a run out yet, but look forward to doing so tomorrow.
Thank you for the compliments factormax, hope you enjoy using them as much as I am!

Nishy said:
factormax said:
Mine arrived today.

Thank you for the compliments factormax, hope you enjoy using them as much as I am!

They're going alright then, Nishy?

Yes they are performing well, I used both the 'moister' creams of recent and both performed very well, whether bowl or face lathered. They do leave a nice slick layer under the cushion and smell fantastic.

Two I have smell similar to A&F fierce

Back
Top Bottom