Things that really wind you up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
(1) people that want to buy off me in here and still try to knock me down on a mates rate !!!

(2) pizza menus coming through my letterbox. F**k you and your pizza

(3) people chatting on mobile phones whilst I'm trying to help them at work So so rude !

(4) Antdad (only joking Tony you big old softy) :)

Could write loads but I'm doing this on my iPhone and my thumb is tired !!

Finding it difficult to park in a space three times longer than my car.:icon_redface: Strangely when I'm trying to do it, I don't get annoyed at my spacial illiteracy. I get annoyed at the fact that so many other people have dared to park their cars on the same road...........

chrisbell said:
People who wander out of shops without looking, causing me to do an emergency stop in my wheelchair as they wander across towards the kerb utterly oblivious that they've inconvenienced anyone.

On a similar line to NotTheStig, council Highway Departments that insist on placing a pelican crossing within 50 yards of a roundabout.

Idiotic people who write letters to the local paper moaning about disabled people getting preferential treatment, as if anyone with a disability actually WANTED to be disabled just so they could annoy that sort of person.

The biggest wind up of the lot ATOS 'DONTCARE'

Bruce Forsyth - he was a deathless old twat in 1975... the syrup on his napper wasn't convincing then.

Apostrophes in the wrong place.

People who have no clue which homophone of there/they're/their to use in which context.

People who say "should of" when they mean "should have"

People who use "can" when they mean "may" - "Can I go to the toilet?" well I hope you can at your age, but you may not.

Introduction of redundant prepositions in speech: "I got off of the bus" - the "of" is superfluous.

The fashion for the "yoof" to wear their trouser waistband below their buttcheeks. There's one around here that wears his so low slung he's almost in need of crutches to be able to move.... he needs a haircut and a shave too and probably a bath.

Shops where they exhibit no common sense so buying a teaspoon triggers an age verification check (well known assault weapon is a teaspoon). I'm quite obviously well over 25, yet some store assistants persist in age verification. In fact I was 39 the first time my age was checked (and I've been drinking in pubs since I was 14) and it was only pure luck I had my driving licence with me.

My number one annoyance - by a long long way - is when you queue up in a shop - typically a supermarket, the person in front unloads all their items on to the belt, it's scanned, packed and then there's this shock part at the end when the cashier says "that'll be £53.96 please" which then triggers a pat of every pocket, a rummage in the handbag for the purse, then another one for the "paying for stuff at the shop" glasses - who knew? to "buy" items in a "shop" you need to "pay". It'll never catch on.

andyjreid said:
People who incorrectly pronounce words, might just be a Scottish thing but the likes of "sang-widge" or "sang-weej" instead of sandwich, "pacifically" instead of specifically and one that really gets my back up is *say in ref to a book* "thats mines" instead of "that is my book" or "that book belongs to me" etc.

Def-in-ately :)

soapalchemist said:
Finding it difficult to park in a space three times longer than my car.:icon_redface: Strangely when I'm trying to do it, I don't get annoyed at my spacial illiteracy. I get annoyed at the fact that so many other people have dared to park their cars on the same road...........

Parking the wifes tank in the furthest inhospitable part of the supermarket car park away from everyone else and with no other cars around, then returning to discover someone has parked right next to you so you cant open the drivers door.

I mean WHY do people do that? Is there safety in numbers or something? There are LOADS of empty spaces why park next to me???

Some of these grammatical things are annoying for me, but I try to not let it bother me unless I see it in work documents. The trousers round the ankles does annoy me quite a lot because it just looks so patently ridiculous whatever your grasp of the English language. One thing that really springs to mind that annoys me is people who wander round the high street or supermarket on their mobile phone, talking far too loudly and exhibiting no self-awareness about this or the way they seem to perambulate in a totally random manner, stopping suddenly, changing direction and totally unaware of people trying to move around (away) from them.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but I hate 'text talk' - even in texts.

I understand why it started - back in the day when mobile phones and texting begun, space was limited and we didn't have bundles that offered zillions of inclusive texts, so it was prudent to keep things brief.

But in this day and age, where smartphones allow you to type an essay length text, these measures are no longer necessary.

I h8 it wen peeps talk like dat init.

People who think it's OK to answer their mobile phone while you are in the middle of a conversation. Just ignore it, you have voicemail for god's sake!!!

Re: RE: Things that really wind you up?

Father Ted said:
I mean WHY do people do that? Is there safety in numbers or something? There are LOADS of empty spaces why park next to me???

I've always assumed they're lonely.

Last year my friend and I were heading down to France and stopped for coffee at the m6 toll services - 3 am, almost deserted. Parked my roadster and his lotus as far from the building as possible, with a single space between us.

Came out to find the only other car on the site (literally) parked in between us.

Sigh.

The Olympics (I live near the site)
The Olympics (an extravagance we can't afford)
The Olympics (in general)
The EU
David Cameron
X Factor
All Soaps (the TV variety)
My inability to quit smoking
Harry Hill
Feckless politicians
Fox s**t
Foxes
Garden gnomes
Warm Stella Artois
Loud and aggressive people
Beret wearers (especially if accompanied by a string of onions)
Baseball caps
Burberry
Not quite being able to nail 'Surfing with the Alien' on guitar
Not having bubble 'n' squeak on the breakfast menu
The price of beer

What winds me up?

People who can't distinguish the marketing, hype, and image from the product or person associated with it. I value substance over style, and I hate Brand Management. I dislike that people don't realize that the price they pay for certain brand-name goods are as much to do with marketing and image as they are to do with manufacturing, transporting, and selling. I'm thinking of Starbucks, Apple, Calvin Klein, Cafelat, Olympia Express, and more.

I also dislike how people are in a rush to buy into closed networks like Apple iTunes and Amazon Kindle.

I'm with Slowrain on that one. There will always be those who want to know nothing about the competition's offerings or how/why any of this stuff works. I also think it's wasteful to get a new car every year, but can't help wonder if I'm also a little jealous.

A shaving-related one, when I started out reading reviews (not on this site but one many will be familiar with, and it can apply to any big site with a reviews section) for blades and razors it would annoy me if I started reading review after review of a given item where they praise the sharpness, closeness, smoothness, quality etc. of the item for a paragraph or two, then say 'I've only tried a Parker 91R with Derby blades but'... which completely defeats the integrity of the review. I know you have to take anything with a pinch of salt but you've tried one crap razor and one crap blade but are writing reviews on new products you've tried. Trying out 10 or twenty of each first would be better for the recipient. You haven't written a review, you've shared your "OMG" moment with the world.

SlowRain said:
What winds me up?

People who can't distinguish the marketing, hype, and image from the product or person associated with it. I value substance over style, and I hate Brand Management. I dislike that people don't realize that the price they pay for certain brand-name goods are as much to do with marketing and image as they are to do with manufacturing, transporting, and selling. I'm thinking of Starbucks, Apple, Calvin Klein, Cafelat, Olympia Express, and more.

I also dislike how people are in a rush to buy into closed networks like Apple iTunes and Amazon Kindle.

i hate to break it to you buy kindle isnt a clossed network

it excepts many formats and you can always convert them on your computer really easily

kindle excepts drm and drm-free files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom