Things that really wind you up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SlowRain said:
Are those .azw files or .mobi files?

Not sure it makes a whole heap of difference... just looking an an AZW file now...

Starting at location 0x003C text "BOOKMOBI"

Looking at the MOBI of the same file....

Glancing through the files both seem to be XML containers containing very similar structures (as I'd expect - AZW is derived from Mobipocket...) in fact an AZW with no DRM *is* vanilla Mobipocket :)

No big shock when you learn that Amazon actually own MobiPocket :)

hunnymonster said:
SlowRain said:
Are those .azw files or .mobi files?

Not sure it makes a whole heap of difference... just looking an an AZW file now...

Looking at the MOBI of the same file....

Glancing through the files both seem to be XML containers containing very similar structures (as I'd expect - AZW is derived from Mobipocket...) in fact an AZW with no DRM *is* vanilla Mobipocket :)

thanks for that hm (you use hex editor to find that)

anyway people can always figure out how these formats work, its normally just a matter of time

hunnymonster said:

Yes, .azw is based on .mobi, however that doesn't answer my question about which one the people were using on their Galaxy SII and Macbook and with that Japanese app. If it's .mobi, their points are moot because .mobi has always been accessible to everyone while they don't share .azw.

hunnymonster said:

If you want to know more about what a nice company Amazon is, do some digging into their takeover of Mobipocket and how they left Mobipocket users out in the cold.

Lurkers who register, take a PIF, never introduce themselves or contribute. You know who you are.

For me a lesson learn't never PIF to a newbie who doesn't introduce themselves. My fault for not checking they were prepared to contirbute. Next time I will need a starting posts point for a PIF.

Thread was started about things that wind you up, I simply stated I am not easily wound up and after the same thing was being posted stated now I am wound up.
If you think SlowRain I was playing to an audience that is your prerogative, but my comment still stands.
Regards,
Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom