Things that really wind you up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who incorrectly pronounce words, might just be a Scottish thing but the likes of "sang-widge" or "sang-weej" instead of sandwich, "pacifically" instead of specifically and one that really gets my back up is *say in ref to a book* "thats mines" instead of "that is my book" or "that book belongs to me" etc.

Also, on a related subject, every year they talk about teachers having to accept misspelled words in the classroom. Silent letters can be missed out of words. That drives me crazy, along with "txt spk"

Finally, public transport etiquette, or lack thereof & sexism. Sexism on public transport, you bet. "Get up and give that woman a seat" well no, I paid the same fare and women want to be treated equally. I got there first, the seat is mine. I do believe in gentlemanly conduct so if I see a woman (or man for that part) who looks like they need the seat more than I do then I will offer it to them. I mean the women who look at you like you shat in their handbag because you didn't offer your seat. Pensioners thinking it is their right to push on and oss of busses and take forever getting on. Yes you fought for the country and I appreciate that, however, you travel for free please don't rub salt in the wound by taking half an hour to get on the bus.

People who I spent 10minutes explaining to why I was growing a mostauche and what Movemeber is about to be told "Ohh I will sponsor you"

And did they...like f*ck did they!

'Should of' where it should be 'should have' is annoying.

One thing that relates to this forum (and I hope I don't offend anyone) is when somebody quotes a long post containing several images, just to make a throwaway one liner such as 'nice pics'. They could easily make the comment without needing to quote the pics, most people will have seen them in the initial post and know exactly which pics are being referred to.

Benefits cheats
Inconsiderate and selfish people
Swearing
Kids who can't string a proper sentence together.
Anti social behavioiur
Bad drivers
Uninsured drivers
Poor quality
Poor service in shops and restuarants
Bad manners
Ads on TV encouraging people to gamble or take out loans
Our disappearing high streets
Badly prepared CV's
Stealing
Sky getting F1 next year.
Golfers who cheat
Corruption in local government

That'll do for now.
regards, beejay

Most of mine have been covered. However, I must add telephone marketing. Especially the current trend of being called by a 'recorded message', offering me debt advice *Grrr*

Duffer said:
Most of mine have been covered. However, I must add telephone marketing. Especially the current trend of being called by a 'recorded message', offering me debt advice *Grrr*

thats the one that annoys me the most as well

good fun to play on someone is to, keep tape recorder next to phone and record it when you get one of these

then when someone tries to sell you something you play this too them and leave phone alone, they soon hang up

I was visiting a friend when he got one of those calls: the response went like this:

Frowns
Rolls eyes
Deliberately and carefully selects a CD (either The Exploited or Discharge as I remember)
Places phone in front of loudspeaker; turns volume up
Sits back, rolls eyes again, rolls and lights a cigarette, waits a bit
Turns volume down and picks up phone: caller is still talking!
Phone in front of speaker, volume up again.

Not a word was said. After that pantomime I was incapable of speaking anyway.

Shanky.

watching.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom