The World Cup

Lump it to the big man and then bring on an even bigger man who can't head the ball and then lump it.

INGERLAND, INGERLAND, INGERLAND...go on Vinny come out of retirement start a riot.

Gerrard For Golden Boot! Come on!

Not a bad start. I'm optimistic. I'm no World Cup veteran but not many teams start fantastically well and go on to win it.

I found myself more annoyed by Andy Townsend's punditry than the England performance, which can only be a good sign.

Mr. Townsend, if you're reading this, a striker's header that isn't even on target can never be described as "great", you dick.

Oh, and England strikers, when you do get a shot on target, try to put the ball where the opposition goalkeeper isn't.

Speaking of goalkeepers, Rob Green did make a mess of THAT save, but I think he stay for the next name. The England goalkeeping situation is in crisis, and the reason is that nearly all the Premiership teams have foreign, first choice keepers. Foreign players are great for the Premier League, but they're not doing much for us when it comes to England selections.

Ian

Just watched Algeria and Slovenia.

Not a lot for the English or Americans to worry about there.

It will just come down to who scores the most goals against them to top the group.

Sadly I think that if we make it to the quarter finals we'll be lucky. Same problem as last time; Lampard and Gerrard cannot play in the same side. Great players though each of them are they do not gel, never have. Our midfield looked bleak last night. Keeper made a rik but he'll learn - he's still way behind James in the blooper stakes.

Jamie Carragher? WTF?? Guaranteed to get booked, get outpaced and give away a free kick in a crucial position.

ITV. Adrian Chiles? What is the attraction of this bloke? Good report about Rorkes Drift though.

Did anyone notice that Hi Def wasn't restored after the 'break' and the England goal?

BBC coverage and pundits...Alan (BUT!) Shearer, Alan Hanson, Gary Lineker? The blokes in the bar (any bar) can summarise a game as succinctly as this trio of BBC profligacy...and free! I have just watched the match I don't need their opinion.

Moan over!

Most disappointed but not suprised.

:shock:

UPDATE: I forgot to mention that the bar (where I watch TV footie) has dropped the price of general beers et cetera by 10p until mid August but have also introduced draught lager and special ale at £1.20 per pint (4.1%) for the duration. I am TT...hmph! They do this on purpose I'm sure! :cry:

ENGERLAND, ever optimistic!

Smell The Glove said:
Just watched Algeria and Slovenia.

Not a lot for the English or Americans to worry about there.

It will just come down to who scores the most goals against them to top the group.

I was trying to find the 'Alan Rough Nutmeg', but apparently it has been watched so many times, they've worn a hole in the internet ;) :lol:
SpeakOutAlanRough.jpg

moodymick said:
I was trying to find the 'Alan Rough Nutmeg', but apparently it has been watched so many times, they've worn a hole in the internet ;) :lol:
SpeakOutAlanRough.jpg

That pic is pre curly perm. The bubble perm took up most of the goal and made him a much better keeper! :lol:

Roughy is a legend!!

Blyth Spirit said:
Sadly I think that if we make it to the quarter finals we'll be lucky. Same problem as last time; Lampard and Gerrard cannot play in the same side. Great players though each of them are they do not gel, never have. Our midfield looked bleak last night. Keeper made a rik but he'll learn - he's still way behind James in the blooper stakes.

Jamie Carragher? WTF?? Guaranteed to get booked, get outpaced and give away a free kick in a crucial position.

ITV. Adrian Chiles? What is the attraction of this bloke? Good report about Rorkes Drift though.

Did anyone notice that Hi Def wasn't restored after the 'break' and the England goal?

BBC coverage and pundits...Alan (BUT!) Shearer, Alan Hanson, Gary Lineker? The blokes in the bar (any bar) can summarise a game as succinctly as this trio of BBC profligacy...and free! I have just watched the match I don't need their opinion.

Moan over!

I agree the Beeb broadcast team is really rather weak, if they don't freshen it up with some real insight they are going to loose out badly.
Desaily is a big loss to them, he's been there and done it and also speaks better English than most of the panel unlike the bizarre Adebayor, I need subtitles to understand him. Is he he a Geordie in disguise?
I'm warming to Chiles actually, a carefully cultivated fan bloke persona than presenter, he has the common touch and clearly no relationship with current players, clubs or management to protect. At least I haven't seen Ryder yet , much too stuffy for me.

I'm passionate about my sport but turn on with seconds to go to kick off, ignore half time then switch off at the final whistle. I'll watch cup presentation to a team I support. So don't watch that often. Never could stand all the analysing. Sometimes I turn the sound down and listen to music during a match. That's one way of getting away from the vuvuzelas.

I agree the Beeb broadcast team is really rather weak, if they don't freshen it up with some real insight they are going to loose out badly.

Given how much we pay for their extravagance, via the outrageous licence tax, we ought to expect and get better than this coterie...dumming down with the BBC, it's what they do best.

I'm warming to Chiles actually, a carefully cultivated fan bloke persona than presenter, he has the common touch and clearly no relationship with current players, clubs or management to protect. At least I haven't seen Ryder yet , much too stuffy for me.

'Carefully cultivated fan bloke' I agree, completely false...I think Ryder resigned from ITV in a fit of pique when they recruited Chiles. Ryder was more golf than footie IMHO.

Mr Angry.
:oops:

Nah...it might be cultivated but I don't think it's false. I'd rather the jobs went to the likes of him rather than ex footballers.

I get my money's worth from radio and website content alone, I'm happy to pay the tax for no TV advertising.

Mmm, Heskey up front.

Milner on the left. Then change him for SWP (sure he's a right sided mid-fielder).

A keeper who has conceded four goals in the prem under the same circumstances.

Gerrard and Lampard not working in a mid-field 4.

A manager who’s shown as much tactical nous as Ericson.

Yeah were fucked... :roll:

moodymick said:
i find myself somewhat ambivalent towards football (including the WC) in general these days. I can't put it entirely down to being moody, i think it's all the money and D list celebrity-ness of it all :|

Leaning towards agreeing with you with regards to the national team, although if it was cheap it would no doubt be shite (sorry wrong forum again ;) ).

Back
Top Bottom