Tabac VS MWF?

My theory that I've repeated here and elsewhere many times... basically the stick in it's container keeps the soap hydrated whereas the bowl (tabs under lid) therefore allows the soap cake to dry out. Side by side both can smell very different depending on how hydrated they are, the drier it is the more floral the scent seems to be conversely the more hydrated the wood and tabacco comes to the fore, I assume that's why the scent divides opinion as it can but it is the same stuff in both.
It's as good an answer as any. I do know that I have found the stick to be or at least appear to be slightly softer, but as you say - different storage environment between pot & foil wrapped stick.

Tabac. More cushion, less clogging and lathers very well in any water type. Scent is fantastic too. Tabac bowl is a beaut.

Perhaps the softness is due to the relative size. Remember in my case (in the Pharmacy) we have these soaps on a lit shelf perhaps cm away from the light source. After several years (yes it can take that long) the soap may have softened a little. The bowl is solid and little Hest would be conducted when compared to a foil type wrapping. Anyhow its all science based speculation.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
An old style soap war...but who'll win? Martin will be happy.

Haha.. Really? I didn't know that it can turn out that way.

I say arse flutes!.

Arse flutes? I like the sound of that. Good phrase for future posts.....thanks.

What Mr antdad meant was my affection regarding all things Tabac. He knows from past posts of mine how much I like that stuff.

Martin

I have the MWF and after a slow start and a good 2 day soak I love the stuff. Tabac I haven't had the pleasure of, yet. It's on the list but I will get a puck as I don't like the look of the jar. Horses for courses and all that jazz.

Never used Wool Fat nor Tabac..I am just a Wee bit Reluctant to Try Tabac cause its heavily scented & Wool Fat doesn't seem quite right to Me with the Lathering issues some Folks have with it..:)

Billy
You're missing out. The scent is very pleasant. For real men.. hehe

I'd say it worth the risk (whether you like it or not) and your hard-earned cash.

Lathering is very easy as well.

Simple. Tabac is anymuch better than MWF - just see the comparisons.

Tabac is dead easy to lather - MWF doesn't lather (well occasionally it does)
Tabac has a great designed bowl with sides that stop the puck rotating. MWF's tub looks like it was made in a children's pottery class and the puck spins round like a pottery wheel.
Tabac stays good for years - MWF dries up and sulks if you don't use it every other day.
Tabac smells great (not really like a tramp in a blackberry bush) - MWF smells like granny's knicker drawer.

I'm all for flying the flag but in this instance it's Germany 1 - England 0

You're missing out. The scent is very pleasant. For real men.. hehe

I'd say it worth the risk (whether you like it or not) and your hard-earned cash.

Lathering is very easy as well.
Anything Like a Heavy Scent Burns the Face Off Me..Not worth the Risk..There are Many Great Tallow Soaps out there that are Traditional Recipes from Europe that I use..:)

Billy

Back
Top Bottom