Synthetic Convert!

Thanks. I'll see what I can sort out with them.

Update
I emailed them and they have sent me all the details. Price is about Euros 23 for the one I want, plus shipping, which seems reasonable. Their email is in Italian, so that'll be interesting to translate, plus writing back to them in the same language.
I'm new to TSR but if anyone need support to translate/write to/from Italian, here I am ! Feel free to ask

Inviato dal mio SM-A700F utilizzando Tapatalk

Ive just got the synthetic Simpson Chubby 2 but it sure needs a lot more cream/soap than my badger brushes. You also need a different technique to work up a lather i.e. brush slightly wet adding drops of water gradually. As it doe not absorb water like a badger, you can end up with runny lather, Anyone found this?

I'm new to TSR but if anyone need support to translate/write to/from Italian, here I am ! Feel free to ask

Inviato dal mio SM-A700F utilizzando Tapatalk

"Monica Belucci, please quit calling me. It's over. I don't love you anymore. I am tired of endless weekends filled with mindbending passion." How do I say that in Italian?

Please help me with my Italian ex-girlfriend, sir. ;)

"Monica Belucci, please quit calling me. It's over. I don't love you anymore. I am tired of endless weekends filled with mindbending passion." How do I say that in Italian?

Please help me with my Italian ex-girlfriend, sir. ;)

Sadly I think you would have more success if you write in French :) Anyway... Never start a conversation with an italian woman using her surname and dont' even think to misspelled it (Bellucci, with 2 L ) !! . So you can try with "Cara Monica, ti prego... smettila di importunarmi con le tue chiamate. Tra noi è tutto finito. Non ti amo più. Sono stanco di questi fine settimana infiniti, ossessionato dalla tua contorta passione ! "
The address is Monica Bellucci - Storm Models, 1st Floor, 5 Jubilee Place - Chelsea, London SW3 3TD UK, but I guess you already know her private address ;-)

Sadly I think you would have more success if you write in French :) Anyway... Never start a conversation with an italian woman using her surname and dont' even think to misspelled it (Bellucci, with 2 L ) !! . So you can try with "Cara Monica, ti prego... smettila di importunarmi con le tue chiamate. Tra noi è tutto finito. Non ti amo più. Sono stanco di questi fine settimana infiniti, ossessionato dalla tua contorta passione ! "
The address is Monica Bellucci - Storm Models, 1st Floor, 5 Jubilee Place - Chelsea, London SW3 3TD UK, but I guess you already know her private address ;-)
Aren't we getting completely away from the subject here?

If you apply soap to a warm sponge it will lather far more than if it was cold. As a synthetic brush cannot retain heat, surely it cannot lather as well as a Badger? May be i'm wrong?

I agree that synths require a different technique, as you've found you need to add water gradually as they don't retain it as well as a badger. I've found the opposite to you in that synths use less soap.

I think my synthetics in general use less soap, with the exception of the Chubby 2 which needs a ton of it, because it swallows it and doesn't want to give it up. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My experience of synthetics, particularly the Plissoft type, is that they suck up a lot of water (in my case, hot), when I dip them in it, and I usually shake a fair bit out before having a go at the soap. If I don't, then the lather is too bubbly/weak/watery.

I almost always lather in a bowl or scuttle, and I find that wetting a synthetic just enough to pick up the soap is the best method, as I then control the lather in the bowl by adding drops of water.

I've got one of the Zenith synthetics en route from Yourshaving in Spain, which I'm looking forward to using.

With a number of brushes to choose from, in badger, boar, horsehair, mixed and synthetic, I find myself reaching for the latter more often than not these days.

I tried heating my lathering bowl yesterday with very hot water. After draining the water out I added the cream and immediately started lathering with my Chubby 2 synthetic. It worked! I achieved a thick creamy lather. Heat definitely makes a big difference.

Back
Top Bottom