Synthetic Convert!

Greetings

I am more and more leaning towards the belief that my cheap RazoRock 24mm knot is the very best knot I have used to date of any fibre or hair, I fully accept it would look (not perform) even better in one of those beautiful quasi amber handles that the Wolfwhiskers chap turns up. I would be very interested to hear more about the very latest Plissoneque knots that have recently been released and your views on them, although I keep pretty well up to date it seems to me that new synthetic knots are being released at a rate only surpassed by new stainless razors and if you are a week behind you are quite some way out of touch!

Regards
Dick.

I am more and more leaning towards the belief that my cheap RazoRock 24mm knot is the very best knot I have used to date of any fibre or hair

I also came to this conclusion after discovering the RazoRock Plissoft last year. It was a game changer for me.

I had spent five years using many different badgers and boars (Simpsons, Semogue, New Forest, Vulfix and Neep amongst others). The RazoRock surpassed the performance of every other brush I had used, to the extent that I sold all my other brushes (except for one custom Neep silvertip, which has barely been used all year).

If you like Plisson/Plissoft, then Synt Dark is not for you, but if you prefer the backbone and brush feel of a 30 shaves broken in Omega Boar or a 2band finest badger but if possible in synthetics, Synt Dark is definitely worth a try.

If you like Plisson/Plissoft, then Synt Dark is not for you, but if you prefer the backbone and brush feel of a 30 shaves broken in Omega Boar or a 2band finest badger but if possible in synthetics, Synt Dark is definitely worth a try.

From a UK perspective, where could I buy a Synt Dark? I see that TVBShaving sell Zenith brushes, but not apparently these.

Ferrum

Would be great if TVB sold them but I shopped from http://www.pennellificiopandolfo.com/ where shipping is a bit expensive at 11 euros for 7 day DHL (the normal Italian post not an option) wrote them in English asking for info on Synt Dark and got a list with all their models and prices.

Last edited:
Would be great if TVB sold them but I shopped from http://www.pennellificiopandolfo.com/ where shipping is a bit expensive at 11 euros for 7 day DHL (the normal Italian post not an option) wrote them in English asking for info on Synt Dark and got a list with all their models and prices.
Thanks. I'll see what I can sort out with them.

Update
I emailed them and they have sent me all the details. Price is about Euros 23 for the one I want, plus shipping, which seems reasonable. Their email is in Italian, so that'll be interesting to translate, plus writing back to them in the same language.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried or heard anything of
PRO BLACK SHAVING BRUSH by men-ü?

Pro-Black-with-SC.jpg

Got one, effective but 25 mm knot is scrubby, I like it but then again I am not a Plisson/Plissoft fan, I use it as my travel brush, very light, handle is short made of hollow plastic, and knot dries fast (will only hold about 1 gram of water after shave and be bone dry over night)

Last edited:
Got one, effective but 25 mm knot is scrubby, I like it but then again I am not a Plisson/Plissoft fan, I use it as my travel brush, very light, handle is short made of hollow plastic, and knot dries fast (will only hold about 1 gram of water after shave and be bone dry in 12 hours)
Thanks Nisse, i'm searching for a black fiber Plisson/Plissoft style knot for feel and shape. Wonder if there has been one made?

In the course of buying a Rocnel razor from Yourshaving in Spain, I have also been discussing Zenith brushes with them. They have had the badger models in stock, then sold out, but I think they may also stock the Dark Synths in the future.

They'll be letting me know about developments.

Back
Top Bottom