Supermax Blades

Jeesh! Those blades! I started with a Super-Max Stainless in a Merkur Barberpole and stupidly endured it for the entire first pass - it made a Derby look like a Feather, dragged from the outset and rapidly got worse.

I meant to put in the next blade up in the progression - the one I hacked myself with months ago, a Super-Max Super-Stainless - but instead put in a Super-Max Super Platinum. This one started well and I was pleasantly surprised - for a while. It packed up before the end of the thirs pass - the second with it - and I had several tiny weepers on lip and chin areas.

Though I finished up with a close shave, I also finished up with tenderness on my neck and under-chin. Have to try the Super Platinum on its own to confirm it is not so good rather than blame the Stainless.

I'm loath to try the Super Stainless but in the interests of science and bloody mindedness, I will. This means I'm pinning my hopes on the Blue Diamond Titanium Coated Blade - and they better be good! I've already invested £6.99 for 350 of them.

Please do not feel bad, fbsf! I'm a big boy, make my own decisions. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to find out for myself. I mean, slightly worse things have happened at sea!

Very true. As a test, I tried a stainless again in my weber this morning, and although I didn't get any irritation or nicks, it certainly wasn't anywhere as sharp as the titaniums. It got retired after that shave, so I think they can go into the "works but only if there isn't anything better available" section!

Supermax Blue Diamond blades have apparently sold out at the Shavemax site. This was a brilliant deal on a brilliant blade. Not much in it between these and NOS Gillette Bleues IMHO. What a deal 700 for £14! Iincluded 2 shavettes and 2 tubes of the very good shave cream.

You're not wrong, only the Blue/orange stainless on there now, and they aren't a patch on the Blue Diamonds.

They are still available on eBay, but at around £15 inc shipping for one box (350 blades, tube of cream and shavette). That's still only 4.3p a blade though, and that's ignoring the cream, shavette and shipping.

Pretty cheap on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLUE-DIAMOND-TITANIUM-COATED-DOUBLE-EDGED-BLADES-SUPERMAXS-BEST-BLADE-/251102815936?pt=UK_Health_HairRemoval_RL&var=&hash=item3a76e4e6c0

200 for £7.99

Back
Top Bottom