Supermax Blades

A - W said:
fatboyslimfast said:
The Blue Diamonds are medium-sharp but very smooth, and the platinums are smooth and sharp. If you are quick, you can get 350 Blue Diamonds for 7 quid with a free shavette and shave cream from shavemaxworld.com but you need to spend a tenner for free shipping I think. I ordered 700!

I just ordered 700 too. Might as well at 2p per blade.

At worst they'd be a massive PIF.

The original offending blade are the Supermax super stainless. Avoid.

I have just received my 700 blue diamonds. £5.38 for the postage alone out of the £13.99.

Fingers crossed they'll be half decent. Lookng forward to tonight now.

Ok thanks. Will put a little pre shave proraso on first and go from there.
Do I go the whole hog and try the cream at the same time?

Yea do the cream as well! I bought a cheap cream from Home Bargains and for my face it's way better than the 'posh' creams I've tried.

Be interested to see how you get on.

I'm on the scrounge. My first and only attempt with a Super Max was very early in my new DE career. It hacked me to pieces - definately it, not my lack of technique! However, down the road a bit, I'd like to try again and see if my improved technique can overcome these awful blades that you love so much. I'm still not taking any responsibility for that initial hacking!

Can I scrounge a blade from one of you, please - better yet a blade of each type of Super Max you have. The prices of which you speak tempt me to risk another hacking!

Right then chaps, I'll set the scene:
Hot flannel & Proraso pre shave
Super Max shaving cream & Saville Row brush
Fatboy set to four
Nivea AS balm
Barbershop Bay Rum.
Three passes, WTG & two XTG in opposing directions.

All I can say is I really enjoyed the shave. Not a single nick/cut, a nice progressive smooth shave with a very decent cream resulting in a very close shave.

The cream was very easy lathering, very silky and held its form very well. I gave the brush a good splogg of the cream which it made good work of without a lot of effort.

The blade was fine/good, no issues. I was very wary after the experience of the stainless blade but this was completely the opposite. I am actually quite happy of having 700 of these little gems tucked up for everyday shaving now.

Would I recommend them, very much so. I might even give the free shavette a go when I have a little more time.

Absolute bargain and I guess without postage/cream/shavette these might be around the 1p per blade which is corking value. A big thanks to fatboyslimfast for the recommendation.

Bechet45 said:
I'm on the scrounge. My first and only attempt with a Super Max was very early in my new DE career. It hacked me to pieces - definately it, not my lack of technique! However, down the road a bit, I'd like to try again and see if my improved technique can overcome these awful blades that you love so much. I'm still not taking any responsibility for that initial hacking!

Can I scrounge a blade from one of you, please - better yet a blade of each type of Super Max you have. The prices of which you speak tempt me to risk another hacking!

No worries B45 - I think I might still have your address from the Blade PIF, so I'll check and get some in the post to you. I've got Stainless, Super Plat and Blue Diamond, so will bung a couple of each in.

BTW, I think "Love" is a strong word, esp for the stainless :s But I'm still quite happy to recommend the BDs at their current price.

A - W said:
Would I recommend them, very much so. I might even give the free shavette a go when I have a little more time.
Absolute bargain and I guess without postage/cream/shavette these might be around the 1p per blade which is corking value

Phew!:icon_lol: Glad you liked them!

fatboyslimfast said:
No worries B45 - I think I might still have your address from the Blade PIF, so I'll check and get some in the post to you. I've got Stainless, Super Plat and Blue Diamond, so will bung a couple of each in.

BTW, I think "Love" is a strong word, esp for the stainless :s But I'm still quite happy to recommend the BDs at their current price.

Many thanks, fbsf - ace guy. I agree 'love' is a strong word and contend that we don't say it often enough to as many people as we could.

Btb, I'm not fond of the 'B45' abbreviation because of associations with dropping nuclear bombs. Not to sure about being a Birmingham post code, either!

Back
Top Bottom