Supermax Blades

Now I know everyone is different, but I have not had a good shave with these at all.
It is akin to shaving with a cheese grater.

I think the lack of close shave is ok at times, but they just drag and as you say probably not sharp enough.
I wouldn't consider to have a thick course stubble either.

i had a few given to me, i got a couple of decent shaves out of each, then they were too blunt. he had only paid about 3p each for them so they gotta be good value. the supermax cream for a quid from poundland is gr8 value too :)

Part of the reason I PIF'ed them was because I didn't get on with them.
One thing I did notice with them was the first shave was a bit harsh, after a couple more, including a palm strop, they were a bit milder, but they tended to tug a bit.
After trying Gillette 7 o'clocks you realise they are a world away from the Supermax.

But as our friends across the pond say 'YMMV'

What did you make of the Bic?
My experience was very sharp, quite agressive, had to turn my slim adj down to about 2 to feel comfortable.

There are at least 4 different types from my experience:

Stainless (in Blue / Blue & Orange / Brown wrapper)
Super Stainless (Green & Yellow wrapper)
Blue Diamond Titanium
Super Platinum

Sometimes the blue wrapper ones are called super stainless, but they contain "stainless" blades.

I get on "ok" with the stainless and super stainless - they aren't the sharpest, but get the job done. The Stainless are very cheap though - 6 quid for 200 delivered off ebay.

The Blue Diamonds are medium-sharp but very smooth, and the platinums are smooth and sharp. If you are quick, you can get 350 Blue Diamonds for 7 quid with a free shavette and shave cream from shavemaxworld.com but you need to spend a tenner for free shipping I think. I ordered 700!

But as always, it depends on how heavy your throttle foot is, if you know what I mean!

NotTheStig said:
Not bad but I get two shaves max - the second being noticeably less sharp than the first.

I find that in the Weber I get two excellent shaves with the BlueDiamonds, and a third is possible though less effective. In the SS Red I get three decent shaves.

But at 2p a blade, two excellent shaves is fine for me. That works out at £3.65 a year.

I'm not sure I would go for the BDs at their full price (or the Stainless at 3p a blade for that matter) - 4p a blade puts it up against the AstraSP on value, as I get at least 4 excellent shaves from the £8 per 100 Astras, and I would go with the Astra as the better blade.

Back
Top Bottom