Super Smooth V2 Testers needed

I tried Lemon Cool yesterday and I had one of the smoothest shave in a while ! I still don't like the scent but the performance and post shave were stellar, hats off Darron !

Reactions: Fox
SS 2v2, Russian Leather.
1912 SE, Shavemac TSR Brush.
3 passes + a few touch-up swipes

Stellar.
Great post shave, no irritation, lovely.
Face feels all rubbery & smooth, BBS all over.
Top tier performance from this later revised formula. (Imo Leaves 2.1 in the dust)
Super easy to lather, so little product required. Like the scent, don't love it. It has a nostalgic appeal, I think I would get bored of it in regular use.

Not enough water? Too much soap? I had thickest gooiest lather imaginable from a small bit of the Lemon Cool today, but it took quite a long time and a bit of water to get there...

I stand corrected. The reason was in fact not enough soap.

Shave 2 with v2.2, this time the Russian Leather. And I have to say that the fragrance has grown on me, plus it changes when lathered up (as most soaps do). A classic, masculine shaving scent.

Worked up a small fingernail's worth at first straight to the face. Added equal amount to a bowl, worked it a little and continued on face, adding water a little at a time. Result: Wonderful lather. A little stinging on the face but this subsided after first pass. Very pleased with glide and cushion this time, but I have to work it a little longer than with my favourite soaps and it didn't quite measure up. Not sure I can say what was missing. A tad more slickness? It's just not the same richness and body. (Then again, it might be me.)

Last edited:
Used the Russian Leather again. Cant remember if thats the 2nd or 3rd shave. Not shaved a great deal this week, only as many times as I've wrote on hear.
Used my Clog Pruf and the Gem blade amd Omega 49 brush.
Loaded the brush for a few seconda, not long and got a shed load of thick lather. Great cushion and protection, smells amazing, quite floral which I normally don't like but I love this stuff.
A smooth shave yet again. It can be normal to get irritation from this razor having a few days growth but I've not gotten it with this V2 soap, just shows me how much glide it gives.
Over all the skin was left mousturised.

Another shave with the Russian Leather this morning. The nice clean soapy smell is growing on me. I prefer this scent to the lemon.

Nothing really to add to my previous reviews apart from that I would certainly use this soap in my rotation. The trouble would be choosing between scents when the lineup is announced!

Last shave with the Russian Leather last night, due to using the Omega 49 brush which is a beast.
Nothing new really, great smooth shave with no irritation and without the need to use AS balm.
The smell is still lovely, reminded me this time of the Yankee Candle baby smell candle, which is baby powder. This maybe due to the wife buying a bunch recently.

First shave with the Russian Leather...

The soap does not seem to be the same as the royal mint. I mean, the lathering was quite different with the Russian leather. the leather, I put an equal amount of soap into my lather bowl (face lathered with royal mint). brush was equally wet, then proceeded to bowl lather.

Bowl lather was very runny and foamy. When I got it on my face, it turned into a decent lather like la toja does. Shaved well. Had large hints of spice, all spice, clove, and something else I associated as pumpkin.
Second pass, I had "less" success with lathering it up on my face. The lather stayed thin and slightly runny. still shaved well.

In the package the Russian leather is not as sticky as the royal mint.

A bit behind on posting. Three days ago I shaved with the Russian Leather, and two days ago with the Lemon.

Russian leather:
o5oL4Bp.jpg

Lemon:
fgIivVa.jpg

They both shaved well, and noticeable better than the Royal mint sample of before. Still perhaps not quite as slick as I would like, but good and better than before. It would be nice if the "ideal water-soap ratio" window were wider - these still seemed to become too runny rather quickly in my experimenting with adding water.

For the scents - I didn't actually like the Russian leather smell as much as I'd thought I would. It does smell similar to Imperial Leather soap, but I've never actually tried shaving with Imperial Leather soap before and so perhaps I simply like that scent better as a hand soap than a shave soap. The lemon I didn't care for it all. It smells very much like "cleaning product lemon" to me.

First shave with the Russian Leather...

The soap does not seem to be the same as the royal mint. I mean, the lathering was quite different with the Russian leather. the leather, I put an equal amount of soap into my lather bowl (face lathered with royal mint). brush was equally wet, then proceeded to bowl lather.

Bowl lather was very runny and foamy. When I got it on my face, it turned into a decent lather like la toja does. Shaved well. Had large hints of spice, all spice, clove, and something else I associated as pumpkin.
Second pass, I had "less" success with lathering it up on my face. The lather stayed thin and slightly runny. still shaved well.

In the package the Russian leather is not as sticky as the royal mint.

Its now 115am USA, central standard. the shave was wonderfully smooth. Almost a little to close for comfort with my skin type, sweating problem, and current tropical weather system.
During the shave the scent was pretty nice, after the scent I got hit with my perfume allergy, at the end of the shave the nice scent got perfumy, and just hit me hard. Ironically the perfumy smell dissipated quicker then a shave with la toja. But the headache low end migraine took a few hours to dissipate. But the thing is, the smell was pleasant enough im going to shave out the sample of Russian leather.

As an after thought, what changed between the v2 royal mint and Russian leather samples in the base soap? The royal mint was creamier and slicker, although that I simply smeared on my face and tried to face lather.

What has me happy with Russian Leather or id call it Russian Lather, is that the scent profile did change slightly during the shave, it was the scent itself. like baking cookies, first you smell the oven heat up then you smell the oatmeal and then you smell the raisins. The same can be said for Russian lather. The thing I found unique was that the scent did not change due to temperature of the lather changing during the shave as it does for me with LEAs classic cream in a tube.

Tried the Lemon today, heres how it went.

Its not lemon, its a lemon balm or lemon verbena. Not bad. It is a little strong on the scent at first, but it burns into your nose and doesn't seem bad at all. It has a cooling sensation, but the menthol impact on me was NOT like with the royal mint.
As a result I wonder if the mint in royal mint threw things into allergy over drive.

Smeared into bowl, had brush soaking in hot tap water a tad to long, it was warmish, got the brush relatively well shook out, it lathered up, but the difference is. When I put it on my face it got nice and creamy. a cross between cella and arko.

Shave feel excellent. I thought the glide was just about what I need for my face, and I haven't had many soaps with that lather thickness/density provide such a nice shave.

Personally, If Fox wants to do a good favor, he would reduce the scent by 25% and let me try it out. I feel if that is done, we will have a scented soap, that performs well in ROOM TEMP WATER, lathers well, shaves well. Has excellent after skin care, and would be a lot better for those of use with scent issues.

I've used both samples again this week and they're both excellent performers, not much that I can add to my previous comments, except that I'd definitely buy this.

The lemon isn't as bad in use as it seems in the container. I'm guessing that's not quite what Darron's among for, though.

Used the lemon again today. Better luck with it.

Used the bowl to load the brush, the foamy wash in it was nice smelling. Face lathering result was creamy and rich. Quite like what cella does for me.

Scent disappears fast. Skin felt good after words. Non greasy. I can tell it has menthol in it today. The scent is growing on me. Catching myself this day spending a lot of time smelling both samples.

Leave the scent alone, and eliminate the menthol and it should be a great little friend.

Just a little up date, I have been playing with the formula and I think I have something ready to send out. I am just waiting on some supplies and will allow a cure time but think the next round should be hitting testers door mats a week tomorrow. :)
Oh nice!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

whoohoo new samples. I used the Russian leather again, and it was actually milder scent wise. more ginger/cardamom then cologne like the first time I tried it.

Has anyone noticed that you really have to take time to rinse the brush out?

Back
Top Bottom