Straights in Spring, anyone?

Took a pass on the open yesterday. Receives a new to me Merkur Vision from a member and had to try it. Only regret is that it doesn't have numbers to adjust, used letters. Have to get use to that!
Sunday AM. Electric Perc coffee . And an Open Razor shave. Boar brush, Maca Root Cream soap, alum, Bay Rum aftershave, Neiva Protective Cream. Nice shave. Coffee was ok too.

Tuesday morning!! HAPPY EQUINOX!!! Guess Spring is here! Used the MWF for the last time till fall today. Open razor, MWF, boar brush, alum, witch hazel, neiva balm.
Nice shave, sad to put away the MWF but 'there is a season...'.

Wednesday morning. Believe Spring has come to New York . Another beautifully warm sunny day!
Open razor shave this morning. Boar brush, Erasmic Shave Cream. Had't used it in awhile and almost forgot what a nice shave it gives. Not to say anything about it's 'Manly fragrance'. Finished it off with alum and Arko aftershave cream. Another Manly blend!

Yes indeed, beautiful morning here in Scotland too (Happens every once in a while) and another completely irritation free shave from the silberstahl.

It maybe because I'm sticking at the two passes but these are the most comfortable shaves yet. Also New Forest brush on the go...yeah I'm a big fan.

Would like to say 'I'm getting use this Straight Razor thing' but truth is that if I wasn't retired, not sure I'd have time for it in the mornings . Will stick it out for another 10days:)-).

Johnus said:
Would like to say 'I'm getting use this Straight Razor thing' but truth is that if I wasn't retired, not sure I'd have time for it in the mornings . Will stick it out for another 10days:)-).

Does not take me more time than usual, that is apart from the stropping, but I either do that the evening before, or in the morning, while I wait for the pre shave lather to soften my beard. Am cheating atm, as I am back to my AC SS, trying to work out how to keep my "real" straights sharp.

Thursday morning. Well , feel like I 'cheated' on you this morning! Received a '04 E' yesterday. In fantastic condition in a Khaki set. Just had to use it today. Yes, it was good.

Saturday morning. Another warm spring day. Little cloudy. Open razor. Noxzema plus prep, badger brush, after all the talk this week , took out the Proraso White, alum, witch hazel, and neiva sensitive balm(because I'm precious).
Nice shave. Nice day.

Sunday, nice Sunday morning shave. Open razor, Noxzema plus prep, RozoRockXXX cream/soap, horse brush, alum, witch hazel, neiva protective cream.
Nice shave, nice day. Little over cast.

Wednesday morning. Warmer today but rain. Guess it'll bring the Spring flowers.
Great shave this morning. Open razor; badger brush, and one of my favorite straight razor soaps!! Godrej Lime* good lather, nice fragrance, and most important, fantastic lubrication! The razor just slides over it and doesn't give you that dried out feeling.(yes, I'm still talking about shaving):)-). Next... Alum and clubman Bay Rum and Neiva protective cream. Great shave. Yes, part skill but most, i think, was the soap!

Thursday morning. Cold morning but a nice shave. Noxzema plus, Open razor, boar brush, soap this morning was Godrej, the plain blue tinted one, not was smooth as the Lime was yesterday (But not bad). alum, clubman reserve. Smooth shave. One day and a wake up to go!

Well, just a wake up left and we put this puppy to sleep! Preshave: Noxzema plus-last of my jar, will have to make some more up tonite. Open razor; shave soap: La Toja shave stick; badger brush; alum; clubman Bay Rum; Neiva Protective Lotion. Nice shave : no cuts, scraps or stubble! See you tomorrow to finish up.

Had my first XTG Straight pass this morning. Still just on cheeks. I decided to do this way round because for me, wtg on my neck is across rather than down. I thought trying my neck and shaving sideways at the same time might be running ahead. I always get scared before trying something new with my straight, but it was great. Still no nicks or cuts with my straight and a lot less irritation. I'm a smooth and happy boy :)

(on my cheeks that is. My slim is still making a meal of my neck :-( )

I ended with my new Tula 600 (traded it with Adrian). Had a nice shave. Have a barber hone coming in from the US, so I hope soon I will be able to maintain the edge on my razors.

Well, reporting a little late. Major shopping trip for fabrics with my wife.

Saturday morning. Last day of the month of March. The very merry month of March. Open razor, badger brush, Noxzema plus pre shave, and!!! After reading here about it for so long went and got me some: Provence Sante tea tree. Saved it special for this last day. Yes, I was disappointed. Lather and lub was not up to British or Italian standards. Live and learn. Alum, clubman Bay Rum, Neiva Protective Lotion.
All in all it was a fun month. I'm glad that i did it. Honed my skill a lot. Only had one good cut. My thumb when I was holding a barber hone . My fault. Nothing major.
Tomorrow::: a Gillette toggle that I bought this month and haven't used yet. Put it off to finish the month with the straight. Monday? May be the straight again.

Back
Top Bottom