SOTD : Saturday 6th June - Friday 12th June 2020

Date:- 08 June 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ 88 Chestnut Street
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Fatboy (7 & 5) G2 1961 / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #6
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

Sunday 7th June SOTD

Soap - Noble Otter Monarch
Brush - YaqI Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Razor - Karve SB C Plate
Blade - Gillette Platinum (2)
Post - Floid Mentolado Vigoroso Aftershave

My Karve has been on long term loan with my son who lives in London. We visited him and his family yesterday for the first time since before lockdown, and he gave it back, saying "take it back dad, or I'll keep it"!!
It was smoother than I remember, the only indication that it was cutting was the sound it made.
The C Plate is really quite mild, and I had to buff in a few places, so I'll use the D plate next time and compare.

UeHa353.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Shavemac 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: APR Bay City
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler(1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Bootleggers El Dorado Aftershave Splash
Scent: Portus Cale Black EdT

A very nice 3 pass shave with my favourite Bay Rum soap. The fresh Spoiler blade, inexorably clamped by the precise tolerances of the WR1, was as buttery smooth as it was deadly efficient.

Last edited:
A first shave as a start to a new week and the theme was 'On a more serious note'

IMG_20200607_202724.jpg

Are you being serious? - ATT SE1
Deadly serious - Schick Proline
Get serious - Gentleman's Groom Room whiskey barrel brush
Seriously speaking - Faena Skinos
Serious thinking - Faena aftershave balm

No prolonged trash this morning as I don't want to waste my time, or yours either. It is a Monday after all :unsure: 'Thinking thinking'

First time out with the on loan (thank you @Boycie83 ) Above The Tie (What's a tie?) SE1. Oh these SE razors.

It is a little early to give any impression as

1) A first time
2) First time virgin blade
3) It is a Monday morning (as mentioned previously)
4) I am far too biased to Generals at the moment and need to get my level playing field head on

Still one super shave and a great start to the week. The week I can finally go home on Thursday.

My son is still on the road to recovery but doing better as each day passes and Mrs Satanfriendly is out of the woods with her isolation. Happy days

'it is wonderful to have you home husband, but you're still a twat'

Have a great week folk and let this be a kind and healthy week for you all.

I have been here for some years now and I thought I would just let you know... I love you

Monday 8th June

Oumo 24mm SHD Manchurian - Stirling Sheep - RazoRock Hawk V3 OC/Proline P - 4711 AS

The first shave with my newly acquired Hawk V3....and what a shave it was!
2 passes with no weepers and a BBS finish......and the alum test was passed with flying colours. I am looking forward to getting to know this razor. Very impressed after only one outing!

DSCF0078 - Edited.jpg

Monday‌ ‌06.08.20 ‌SOTD‌
Gillette ‘51 W2 Gold Aristocrat Set
Astra‌ ‌Superior‌ ‌Platinum‌
Simpsons‌ ‌Commodore‌ ‌X3‌ ‌Best‌ ‌Badger‌
Fine Fresh Vetiver in a vintage mug
Fine‌ ‌Fresh‌ ‌Vetiver‌ ‌aftershave‌

DSCF0079 - Edited (1).jpg

Mon 8th SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Barnegat Bay
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor RR Game Changer.84 SB
Blade Tatra Platinum 1st
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic Acid + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Nice nice scent from the soap. Good enough lather. Shave with razor paired with new blade. Initial feel...smooth, sharpish and comfortable. Almost did not feel the blade. Another nice blade from Czech similar to the Tiger. 3 multiple passes enough for a real close result. Rating 9/10
20200608_113912.jpg

Back
Top Bottom