SOTD : Saturday 6th June - Friday 12th June 2020

This shave brought with it a theme of 'Razors galore'

View attachment 55447

Captain Paul Wagget - Stainless Colonial General
Mrs Wagget - Schick Proline
Captain Buncher - The Gentleman's Groom Room whiskey barrel brush
Dr Maclaren - L'Occitane Cade soap
Sargeant Odd - Faena aftershave balm

Life had been tough on the small remote Scottish Island of Todday since they had run out of shaving supplies. For six long gloomy months there was no other choice but as to sport a neatly trimmed beard, tight jeans and ney socks. Ney socks!

Then one foggy grim night while the islanders sat huddled around Alexa asking questions on Ney wearing suitable hosiery, the cargo vessel the SS Dominic Cummins stranded on Fraggle Rock. Numerous small fluffy creatures swam to the shore as their little world had suddenly come under the intervention of a few thousand tonnes of metal.

The next morning

'Aye, have ye seen wit washed on the shore last neet?'
'Ney, tell more'
'Thousands a wee whiskey barrels wi Hairy tops, and ney whiskey in em'
'All whiskers and ney whiskey?'
'And Ney socks'
'aye but they could be used for fluffing up soap and rid oorselves of these facial rugs'
'Aye we can use some of them wee useless knives wit wi found on beach last week'
'Aye'

'Ney socks?'

FIrst time out with the new brush. The knot is described as grey/white but I think they are also known as silk smoke. In many respects it is very much like a Cashmere with a tad more softness. The handle may look a little novel but it is actually quite large and well shaped for comfort. No problem at all with pick up and exceptionally easy with face lathering. A delightful brush both visually and practically. A wonderful knot and recommended.

These synthetic brushes have come a long way in the past few years. I am not really a brush maniac, but I can certainly feel the benefit of these new generation brushes which are entering in the market place. Full marks to @Ian T for approaching it all with a sense of creativity.

The General? Nothing new I haven't said before and I do look forward to its latest brother due on the doorstep this coming Monday. It will have to be a class act to follow up on the original.

A new Proline onboard and I was expecting a touch of red to brighten my day but not to be. One super smashing shave and tremendous end results with the Faena adding that dollop of luxury.

'Aye ye hopeless dope ye can tek that wun away it's tee big'

Have a lovely safe week ahead folk and be well.

Beards and socks?

I do apologise to our Scottish community for my appalling take on their accent. Being half Welsh though I guess I am forgiven. But as my Spanish friend said when I took him to Wales for the first time, 'Do they have vowels in the Welsh language?'

'Ney socks?'

Couldnae unnerstaun a word,Chris. A belter of a photo though.

This shave brought with it a theme of 'Razors galore'

View attachment 55447

Captain Paul Wagget - Stainless Colonial General
Mrs Wagget - Schick Proline
Captain Buncher - The Gentleman's Groom Room whiskey barrel brush
Dr Maclaren - L'Occitane Cade soap
Sargeant Odd - Faena aftershave balm

Life had been tough on the small remote Scottish Island of Todday since they had run out of shaving supplies. For six long gloomy months there was no other choice but as to sport a neatly trimmed beard, tight jeans and ney socks. Ney socks!

Then one foggy grim night while the islanders sat huddled around Alexa asking questions on Ney wearing suitable hosiery, the cargo vessel the SS Dominic Cummins stranded on Fraggle Rock. Numerous small fluffy creatures swam to the shore as their little world had suddenly come under the intervention of a few thousand tonnes of metal.

The next morning

'Aye, have ye seen wit washed on the shore last neet?'
'Ney, tell more'
'Thousands a wee whiskey barrels wi Hairy tops, and ney whiskey in em'
'All whiskers and ney whiskey?'
'And Ney socks'
'aye but they could be used for fluffing up soap and rid oorselves of these facial rugs'
'Aye we can use some of them wee useless knives wit wi found on beach last week'
'Aye'

'Ney socks?'

FIrst time out with the new brush. The knot is described as grey/white but I think they are also known as silk smoke. In many respects it is very much like a Cashmere with a tad more softness. The handle may look a little novel but it is actually quite large and well shaped for comfort. No problem at all with pick up and exceptionally easy with face lathering. A delightful brush both visually and practically. A wonderful knot and recommended.

These synthetic brushes have come a long way in the past few years. I am not really a brush maniac, but I can certainly feel the benefit of these new generation brushes which are entering in the market place. Full marks to @Ian T for approaching it all with a sense of creativity.

The General? Nothing new I haven't said before and I do look forward to its latest brother due on the doorstep this coming Monday. It will have to be a class act to follow up on the original.

A new Proline onboard and I was expecting a touch of red to brighten my day but not to be. One super smashing shave and tremendous end results with the Faena adding that dollop of luxury.

'Aye ye hopeless dope ye can tek that wun away it's tee big'

Have a lovely safe week ahead folk and be well.

Beards and socks?

I do apologise to our Scottish community for my appalling take on their accent. Being half Welsh though I guess I am forgiven. But as my Spanish friend said when I took him to Wales for the first time, 'Do they have vowels in the Welsh language?'

'Ney socks?'
Great photo @Satanfriendly Enjoyed that read... a braw wee tale! (y)

SOTD : 7th June 2020.

View attachment 55450

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Original Source ~ Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap Bar / Nuage Menthol shaving oil.

Brush: Omega 48.

Face Lather.

Soap: Palmolive Classic Shave Stick.

Blade: Treet 7 Days Platinum. (2)

Razor: Baili ~ BD177 Rose Gold TTO.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint eucalyptus, Tea Tree , lemon essential Oils + menthol crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Old Spice ~ Original ASL.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Birthday Shave,

A very humble birthday shave set up with inexpensive shaving products that i love which have gave me superb shaving results with each and every outing.

A very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups near bbs birthday shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe ,and enjoy your sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Nearly missed this- Belated Happy Birthday.

Sunday 7th June
Yaqi Heavy Metal Tux - Lea Classic - Pal Adjustable - Schick Proline B #1 - Lea Classic A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
wYSTpti.jpg

Sun 7th June

Jayaruh syn.No67
Tabac soap
RazoRock S/S Hawk V3- A plate, Super Knurl handle
Schick Proline [ 2 ]
Tabac A/S Lotion

Though only my second outing with this Hawk I feel as though I have had it for ages, so smooth and comfortable, and a great finish. This has the makings of a great Daily Shaver for those who are not a fan of rotating. IMHO this version of the V3 Hawk is the one which would suit most Shavers, I find it to be less fierce than the OC but equally as effective.

IMG_0782.jpg

Another shave with the Futur, this time itwas set at 5, 5, and 4. Yet another smooth BBS shave—I'm impressed with the razor.
It was the first 'decent' razor I bought many years ago. Unfortunately ....being new to the game.....the word 'adjustable' did not exist. and technique did not exist either. It's not blade fussy and I appreciate it much more now. It never fails to deliver when I fancy a DE shave.

SOTD : 7th June 2020.

View attachment 55450

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Original Source ~ Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap Bar / Nuage Menthol shaving oil.

Brush: Omega 48.

Face Lather.

Soap: Palmolive Classic Shave Stick.

Blade: Treet 7 Days Platinum. (2)

Razor: Baili ~ BD177 Rose Gold TTO.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint eucalyptus, Tea Tree , lemon essential Oils + menthol crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Old Spice ~ Original ASL.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Birthday Shave,

A very humble birthday shave set up with inexpensive shaving products that i love which have gave me superb shaving results with each and every outing.

A very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups near bbs birthday shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe ,and enjoy your sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Feliz cumpleaños - señor zorro - disfrutar - I

Birthday Shave,

Happy Birthday

_______________________________​
Sandalwood Sunday (is that a thing?)

Pre - GFT Sandalwood Skin Food
Soap - TOBS Sandalwood
Brush - GFT Best Badger
Razor - MÜHLE R89
Blade - Treet Platinum (1)
Post - Alum followed by moisturiser with SPF

I thought I was having a nice comfortable shave until i used the alum, which seemed to disagree with my appraisal up to that point. A two pass plus third/pickup pass shave. Nice and smooth. I did have trouble lathering the TOBS soap again. I've got a synthetic brush to use, which I really should get out. Maybe tomorrow.

IMG_7716.jpg

Happy Birthday

_______________________________​
Sandalwood Sunday (is that a thing?)

Pre - GFT Sandalwood Skin Food
Soap - TOBS Sandalwood
Brush - GFT Best Badger
Razor - MÜHLE R89
Blade - Treet Platinum (1)
Post - Alum followed by moisturiser with SPF

I thought I was having a nice comfortable shave until i used the alum, which seemed to disagree with my appraisal up to that point. A two pass plus third/pickup pass shave. Nice and smooth. I did have trouble lathering the TOBS soap again. I've got a synthetic brush to use, which I really should get out. Maybe tomorrow.

View attachment 55461
thanks you. (y)

Back
Top Bottom