SOTD : Saturday 6th June - Friday 12th June 2020

For the next few days I'll be shaving with ...

ACtC-3c8Zz4M3hYvIisA_MkgCDMZnNkHoJggcS27ypuUroC0lwtqg2z1_xZtQ9nL_0yd9r1jtgobSVZ2LNEtnFSjFYgL2Y6TouCYKTIRP_kPHgmH20aWGJId5nhlhPAn2oobXvUlcUzfYrzRzDZUbrSVcDXCSA=w1200

Wash with Ach Brito Glyce
Lather up with LEA Shaving Stick (New Formula/Grated) & Omega 98
Shave with Gillette Tech (1940s GB Brass) & Treet Dura Sharp (Yellow)
Single pass does it for me ...
Witch Hazel < nothing more as I'm really enjoying the simplicity of this at the moment​

08/06/20
Cold Water Shave
Brush: Razorock 400 Syn
Soap: CR Salter Indian Sandalwood
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable H3 #4 (very smooth)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (2)
Post shave: Cold water splash, Witch Hazel
Balm:Bart's Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Old Spice Pure Sport

3 Mon (2).jpg

Stay safe and enjoy your Day All.

Pre - Shower / Face wash
Soap - TOBS Sandalwood
Brush - RazoRock Bruce Synth
Razor - MÜHLE R89
Blade - Treet Platinum (2)
Post - Alum followed by moisturiser with SPF

First time using a synthetic brush, I got it 22nd May and not used it until today. I'd been struggling to get a decent lather from this soap (TOBS sandalwood) and it was suggested to try a synthetic brush. It loaded and lathered much easier than a badger, yet I still prefer a traditional brush. Maybe if the head was flatter it would be better for me. Treat blade today on second use was pushing it a little bit. It now seems two shaves is pushing it. I'll keep them as my travel blade.

Two pass plus a third / touch up pass with an ok shave. As I mentioned blade was passed it's best on the second pass. No alum feedback though.

IMG_7719.jpg

Razor: Rex Ambassador (setting 3)
Blade: Feather
Brush: Executive Shaving Medium Jock Synthetic
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood
Balm: Nivea Sensitive

View attachment 55486
How do you find the Rex. I notice you usually use vintage gillettes. I've been considering a Rex (or a Karve) but have an unused (mint) Gillette Slim. I just enjoy looking at it.

How do you find the Rex. I notice you usually use vintage gillettes. I've been considering a Rex (or a Karve) but have an unused (mint) Gillette Slim. I just enjoy looking at it.

I know what you mean. I stared at one for far too long, became paranoid about using it and passed it on before insanity took a hold of me.

Monday, 8 June 2020

PreShave: Warm to hot water, most from the boiled kettle some from the tap
Cream: TOBS Platinum Collection
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade Astra Platinum (2)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: None--work day

Another BBS shave with the Futur, this time it was set at 5, 5 and 3.5. A smooth BBS shave.

A new work week is upon us and may I wish you all a safe, productive and happy one! Today's razor of choice the iKon Deluxe OC loaded up with a Super-Max Blue Diamond. I am lucky to have the Deluxe OC, X3 slant, El Hefe SE and the Standard along with a bevy of handles. I love the X3 but this Deluxe is one excellent shaver. I enjoy the 80mm bulldog handle most with this one.

Stirling Soaps Tuscany was on my short list for today. Great scent Tuscan Cypress fragrance oil, add in some Calabrian Bergamot and Violet, and sprinkle with an array of spices. Perfect! I haven't really been mentioning brushes of late well today the job fell to the Simpson 59 which was my first really good brush and fuelled my love for Simpson brushes. It is a big brush but the loft and knot size are perfect. I face and bow lather with it.

Lovely three pass BBS shave to start the week. Topped it off with Guerlain Habit Rouge EDP and we are good to go. Enjoy some sun if you can. Please stay safe and most important, be kind to those you meet everyday because you know not the battles they face.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: iKon Deluxe OC
Blade: Super-Max Blue Diamond Titanium
Brush: Simpson 59
Lather: Stirling Tuscany
Aftershave: Stirling Tuscany
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Guerlain Habit Rouge
4D505DA1-5E4E-4437-A366-823B9EFECC7A.jpeg

Mon 8th June

RR 400 SE-Plissoft noir
P & B Pall Mall
RR S/S Hawk V3- A , Super Knurl handle
Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

My 3rd Consecutive Shave with this Hawk and the Shave was extremely comfortable. However, I do find that the OC which is more of a handful does deliver a closer Shave in a similar Shave time. It is very good as a Daily Shaver ,as the Shaves are trouble free both during and post Shave.

IMG_0783.jpg

Last edited:
The Rex got a run out as I am evaluating Feather blades in different razors.

I enjoy the Rex but it is very different to the vintage Gillettes I have. The weight is the first thing you notice. I get goods shaves form it and I am glad I have it in my den. Paired with a Feather it gave a near BBS shave in two passes. The Rex paired with a Nacet blade is my preferred combination.

It is not my favourite razor, but it is my most expensive. Would I but it again, probably not, but I would not sell it either. I am still relatively new convert to safety razors (22 months) so my technique is still developing. In a another year's time I will no doubt have changed my mind.

Probably the only way to know whether you like the Karve or the Rex better is to eventually buy both? I know Razor Emporium have released the Envoy which might be a better price point, but you loose the adjustability.

Back
Top Bottom