SOTD: Saturday 6 April - Friday 12 April 2024.

Great colour combo and lighting J, and your Anchor special grail to set it off, enjoy mate! :cool:
Thanks al. Had to do a little something special for this one lol. Just a tad and I mean a tad ( A LOT ) jealous of that toggle ohhh boy :love:

Harrison Ford GIF

Artisinal April?

Saturday 6th April

AP1GczNQDrqjYOtHBr-kc_XcAPnxzMwGsrDTDSXN3WYvWDtiAp9rFt0HIJga8KjGUxZUl3k10tGatI1Lv73J9YuYu4BeDmBCBHwZ6yFK0RwyTSO671J1CnEnMjHiVFnxqCjRrTnWwZTlHbvNb2eUw04GNVOsHw=w800

Butters Sandalwood Shaving Soap & Semogue 1250 Pure Bristle
Gillette Hybrid Tech w/Weber Bulldog Handle & Elios Inoxidable (1)
Harvard Sandalwood Aftershave

First time for me with the Elios and I like it! No tremendous surprise as it's made by Lord now ... and I do like Lord. Billed as Swedish Steel and Platinum on the tuck, I'd place it as sharper than the Superior Platinum or Blue Sword and smoother (less scratchy initially) than the RACER or ASCO brands. Certainly less sharp than the Lord Premium branding. The shave was actually very much like the Lord Classic Super Stainless.

Picking out my mate's sister's soap for a turn in Artisinal April. It really is a smashing soap, but alas she no longer makes it. I'm running quite low on this now but I certainly enjoy it whenever it comes out, so once it's gone ... it'll be gone, but I will have enjoyed it a lot.

1000005385-01.jpeg

My Artisinal April Shave today consisted of...
Prep Aleppo soap.
Brush Highlander synthetic Tuxedo.
Soap Signature soaps Eboracum.
Razor Charcoal Goods Brass Stinger Plate 3
Blade London bridge (2)
Aftershave Diesel.

Another excellent Shave tonight provided by the guaranteed top performance from all of the above items.
The London bridge felt a little sharper tonight and provided an easy 2 pass BBS result, if it keeps this up for another few shaves then I will pick up a 100 of them to stash in my ever growing blade drawer.
Quick splash of what remains of the Diesel and I am good enough for neighbour kissing.
Have a great evening everyone.

IMG_4795.jpeg
SOTD: 06/04/2024

Razor: Gillette Fatboy
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium, 1st use
Brush: Omega/Shave Factory 10049 Boar
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Fine Accoutrements Platinum 21st Century Puck
Balm: Fine Accoutrements Platinum 21st Century Balm
Fragrance: Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Man EdP

A welcome return of the Fatboy to the Den thanks to @Crossan! I have to say it was a much more pleasant experience than I remember, far smoother and close than I remember. Started on 5, moved to 6 and then 7 with a great result. I loved the Fine soap too, a much lighter Aventus style soap than I have tried previously, and all the better for it. The brush was brilliant and I forget how much I enjoy boar, this has given me the motivation to save for a new one! All in all I’m very impressed with the Fatboy in a way I wasn’t when I first got one. This seems definitely a case of trying too many things, too early on and being put off certain razors/kit due to my own lack of ability in my initial experience of starting out wet shaving. It makes me especially glad to have won this incredible PIF so I can rediscover this classic razor!

SOTD Sat 6 Apr 2024

Strange brew 3, shave
7EC9E829-644C-4CA7-A71F-23B645BE492B.jpeg
Prep - hot shower, lather face wash
Bowl - DSCosmetic green bowl
Soap - Kent Shaving Soap Bowl
Brush - DSCosmetic G7 Coffee
Razor - Muhle R89 Twist
Blade - Rapira Super Stainless (3)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block
Splash - Forest Fresh ASL
Balm - Nivea Sensitive Cool PSB
Fragrance - CK IN2U EDT

A soap that is hard to lather and dissipates quickly, does this sound familiar? Yes the Kent shaving soap bowl that I had problems with in Fat Feb. No idea of the formula as I unfortunately chucked the wrapper! Well, thought I’d give the lather a squirt of Nivea Sensitive Pro Liquid Shaving Cream to see if it worked as well as my last 2 frankenlather’s had. And it did, excellent thick lather quite quickly. Not in the same league as MWF but good enough for an excellent close, smooth shave with great face feel and smell.

6C848D00-F739-40C0-A242-B58CAFD75A56.jpegIt was pretty breezy today, but mild and sunny. So we walked a lot further and for longer than we have for several weeks. This is the result! I even had to wake her up for her tea, unheard of!

Last edited:

SOTD: 7th April 2024.

30.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega S10018.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Ultra-Calming Liquid Shaving Cream.
Blade: Astra SP. (Russia) (D2)
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE 89. (Kelvin)
Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./ Brut ASL./ Wilko Men's ASB.

Greetings,

The Astra SP/EJ DE 89 duo paired together wonderfully feeling smooth & efficient.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Wilko Men's Moisturiser.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
SOTD 07-Apr
1000025433-01.jpeg
Brush: Oumo 'Big Hand' Ex ST-1 27
Soap: A&E Tobacco Road
Razor: Shield SE AC Brass
Blade: Feather ProGuard

Very nice shave this morning, still liking the shield though I wonder how much that is to do with it being in brass. This tub of Tobacco Road is almost dead, probably got 4 or 5 shaves left in it before having to reach for the stash. Absolutely ton of splash left though, I imagine it won't be far off two tubs to one splash in normal use.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

07/04/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Vintage Vulfix service #3 1950's - 22mm Silvertip
Soap - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Razor - Feather ACSR-RBL
Blade - Feather Pro Blade
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Arran soap Co. Machrie
A/S - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Wk 15 (2).jpg
This little re-knot has lots of backbone, i may raise the knot in the handle to let it splay a bit more. It did pick up plenty of soap and was OK during the face lather, it could be improved on though.
A crackin' 2 pass shave without issue.
Enjoy your day all.

SOTD: 07/04/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild 20, 6th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: Shulton Old Spice Stick
Balm: Nishman 2in1 Cream And Cologne Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water