SOTD Saturday 5th - Friday 11th August

SOTD 20170811

6zwtyAc.jpg

Semogue 1250.
TFS Anniversary.
RazoRock "Hawk".
Feather Artist Club Professional Super (8).
Cella after shave lotion.

Fantastic brush for little money .... ;)

20686618_503036383380210_7969382534364528640_n.jpg

Vie Long 13061b
ATT Calypso M1
Personna Super (2)
Valobra Cologne
Thayers Rose & Marks and Spencer Collezione Classic

What a brush this is, breaking in nicely, I really like it so far. The handle is very nice, I think it has cured my BAD for a while, in fact not planning any more purchases of anything at all. Happy with my collection as it stands. Top quality shave and this blade was better on today's shave than yesterdays. No issues at all, the Valobra is a great little soap. Can't beat some quality beef!

Well after receiving the 1912 kindly loaned from @Blademonkey this morning, and having 2 days growth it felt rude not to get cracking with the first single blade shave in a while!

Razor: Ever Ready 1912
Blade: not sure but I'm sure I've used them on my windows before ;)
Brush: Simpsons
Soap: Cella

Although I wanted to try out the lucky tiger I received yesterday I wanted safe software today.

So, the shave was of mixed results so I'm going with my usual critical bullet point assessment!

Positive

Really intuitive angle, I certainly prefer these to the DE, no cuts, weeper sore spots at all. Is this what is considered a mild razor?

3 passes with ease, comfortable bar some negatives below and achieved what my multiblade does.

Really like the pin point edge on the sideburns, not being allowed a beard or outrageous hair in work I like to rebel and grow sideburns to within 0.000000000000001 of what so can get away with lol

Negative

Couldn't get it under my nose so had to reach for the cart.

Was quite a skippy shave on the first past, especially around my chin, smoothness increased with each pass

Although not getting my usual neck irritation, I do have a few spots.

My neck is quite 'rough' with stubble.

Overall I enjoyed it, the head just seems rather large to get to all my features. Luckily I've a Supply SE V1.2 on the way from @Far Cry Toff on the way with thanks to hopefully address that!

Last edited:
Razor / ATT R1 Atlas
Blade / 7 O'clock yellow (3)
Brush / S O C 2 Band
Soap / Le Pere Lucien , Fougere
Post / Thayers cucumber , Aloe Vera Gel
A/S / Pitralon Classic
View attachment 27949

Here's to another year on the shaving room !!!

Have a great day all....
Happy Anniversary,Pat...And thank you for your inspiration and advice over the last year, it's been a pleasure pal.;)

Well after receiving the 1912 kindly loaned from @Blademonkey this morning, and having 2 days growth it felt rude not to get cracking with the first single blade shave in a while!

Razor: Ever Ready 1912
Blade: not sure but I'm sure I've used them on my windows before ;)
Brush: Simpsons
Soap: Cella

Although I wanted to try out the lucky tiger I received yesterday I wanted safe software today.

So, the shave was of mixed results so I'm going with my usual critical bullet point assessment!

Positive

Really intuitive angle, I certainly prefer these to the DE.

3 passes with ease, comfortable bar some negatives below and achieved what my multiblade does.

Really like the pin point edge on the sideburns, not being allowed a beard or outrageous hair in work I like to rebel and grow sideburns to within 0.000000000000001 of what so can get away with lol

Negative

Couldn't get it under my nose so had to reach for the cart.

Was quite a skippy shave on the first past, especially around my chin, smoothness increased with each pass

Although not getting my usual neck irritation, I do have a few spots.

My neck is quite 'rough' with stubble.

Overall I enjoyed it, the head just seems rather large to get to all my features. Luckily I've a Supply SE V1.2 on the way from @Far Cry Toff on the way with thanks to hopefully address that!
Just so you know the blades I supplied were Gem stainless steel, I doubt you would have used these on your windows before. The cheap and nasty window scrapers you find on eBay maybe. :) P.

SOTD: 110817
SOTD 110817.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6c #4
Blade: Gillette Blue #1
Brush: Maseto 26mm Silvertip
Soap: DR Harris Arlington
Splash: DR Harris Arlington
Cologne: DR Harris Arlington

With a three day growth I decided to bring out the Rockwell 6c today.
Using the Gillette Blue blade for the first time with this razor I am really impressed with this pairing.
A hassle free three pass shave that has left me BBS. Simply gorgeous.

The 26mm Silvertip is fantastic for face lathering. Super smooth with a surprising amount of backbone.

The soap as always performed well, plenty of slickness and cushion with a lovely post shave feel to the face.

Making the most of a relatively warm day here I finished off with the refreshing lemon citrus inspired splash and cologne.

Enjoy your shaves! :)

Last edited:
Quite a departure today..the V1 One Blade Core and the cheap weird Russian twin blade thingy shared both beard and head shave duty. Underwhelmed by the Russian device whereas the V1 Core exceeded admittedly meager expectations. It is criminally mild but effective enough with the Russkie's help to get my head to BBS. I'll be trading in the V1 for the V2 but feeling better about it.
3d9c4f6ced0e8a10defef2a1798ac0b2.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

SOTD
Pre Shave - Hot Shower, Harris & Brimble Face Scrub & Just Prior To Lathering Portus Cale Soap
Soap - Portus Cale Black Edition (Bloomed)
Brush - WildWestBrushworks (24mm Tuxedo Knot)
Bowl - Hand Made In Alvor
Razor Gillette Fatboy (3 Passes On Setting 4)
Blade - Astra Superior Platinum #3
Post Shave - Cold Water Rinse, Nivea Balm & Finally Portus Cale EDT

All I can say is that I have used this razor only 3 times since purchase & I have great confidence in it. The Portus Cale is bloody awesome in both slickness & a wonderful scent. I feel fully refreshed & ready for the 5.00pm happy hour in my local, Cheers.

SOTD.jpg

Back
Top Bottom