SOTD : Saturday 3rd March - Friday 9th March 2018.

20180305_220343_1520287631238-2196x2195.jpg

Soho Joe Original Face Wash
Maseto 30mm silvertip
TOBS Sandalwood cream
Gillette New LC
Gillette 7 O'Clock Black
A little alum, and
L'Oreal Men Expert 24hr Balm

The TOBS Sandalwood gave me an unbelievably irritated shave. Bright red face all over. I used to think it was my technique when I first started, but I've come to realise my face just can't handle some of the scents and oils in soaps or creams.

Have a lovely evening!

View attachment 33825

Soho Joe Original Face Wash
Maseto 30mm silvertip
TOBS Sandalwood cream
Gillette New LC
Gillette 7 O'Clock Black
A little alum, and
L'Oreal Men Expert 24hr Balm

The TOBS Sandalwood gave me an unbelievably irritated shave. Bright red face all over. I used to think it was my technique when I first started, but I've come to realise my face just can't handle some of the scents and oils in soaps or creams.

Have a lovely evening!
It could be you're allergic to sandalwood - I had a reaction to it when I used it - it's fairly common I believe ..

Prep: Myrsol Emulsion
Bowl: Symmetrical Pottery
Brush: Morris & Forndran
Soap: Antiga Barbearia de Bairro
Razor: Rasmussen Surgical Prep Razor
Blade: Kai Stainless
AS: Swiss Pitralon
SOTD_20180306.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Tuesday

Palmolive stick
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm
Face lather
Fa Tip Piccolo
Gillette Rubie #2
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Proraso M&E

Outstanding shave. Palmolive - you really can't beat it, can you? It out performs many soaps that cost loads more. Great tallowy goodness, protection and glide: for 50p.

An incredibly close shave with the Piccolo/Rubie combo. Smooth as a chalk-free cue ball.
A1989F53-DCA6-4669-B879-506056DA6163.jpeg

YaqI 2 Band Marble Handle
Tabac
Rockwell 6C plate 6
SuperMax Blue Diamond (1)
Limewitch hazel
Aloe Vera gel
4711 Aftershave
Yardley 1770 EdT

The Rockwell on plate 6 is a formidable tool. The whiskers could be heard crackling as they were sliced.
Not very comfortable on my neck but everywhere else was fine with this highest setting.
A little Aloe Vera gel applied to my neck and 4711 elsewhere, and 1770 to finish.
I'll revert to plate 3 or 4 for this razors next use for comfort.

Hello friends.
Shave of the day 03-02-2018.
Pre: Oil Pre No. 1 of Jabonesbyluna.
Brush: Semogue Barbear Classico E.L
Soap: PANNACREMA Nuàvia rossa.
Razor: Paradigm 17-4 SS with Voskhod.
Shave: C-L with touch-ups and two-day beard
After: Myrsol Emulsion and After shave by Jabonesbyluna.
fullsizeoutput_516.jpg

During the remainder of March I will use the Nuàvia Rosa, as part of the Foroafeitado challenge, I will only rotate the brush and the razor every 5 days.
Greetings to all.

Sotd - 6/3/18

Razor - ER 1912 English
blade - vintage ER (lost count)
brush - Simpsons P8 LE best
soap - MT Black Beer No.1 paste (is there a no.2?)
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol Agua Balsamica
balm - Weleda.

Result - great.

Four day's growth coming off - a later than anticipated leisurely evening shave - work just wouldn't bloody leave me alone tonight. Eventually I locked myself in the den - long hot shower - phone left downstairs - on silent, just to make my point - the calming effect of the soap scent - lovely badger knot - how good is this brush? - and relax. Nice. All is well. For me - the Black Beer and the Myrsol Balsamica are a genius combination - strong medicinal rosemary from the soap and yet more from the aftershave - with other herbs thrown in. Lavender and thyme mostly. Talking of lavender - I am ganting (good luck with that word if you don't speak Scots vernacular English - Google translate isn't going to help much) to try the Salter tallow - it seems to be popular around these parts - I have a puck - or cake if you prefer - but I'm waiting for my @BartsBalm - lavender lotion to arrive to use with it. In transit - thanks Neil - excellent service. Lavender is a scent that has taken me a while to come to and enjoy in my shaving - I'd like to go the 'full fig.' Can anybody recommend an aftershave splash to me? Something at the medicinal, antiseptic end of the scent scale. Somebody will know I'm sure. Weleda to finish. I hope you you enjoy your shaves one and all - yours - I.

Back
Top Bottom