SOTD : Saturday 3rd March - Friday 9th March 2018.

ADD
Jabón y after shave Tabac, Brocha tejón finest LS, MÜHLE R 89, cuchilla Gillette chrome (4) en mango UFO Titan. Comenzando bien el martes.
0dd70c1f170dfeb5693ea4a62f15ef85.jpg

Sent from the Wolf's Den

SOTD 060318
SOTD 060318 resize.jpg

Blade: Gem SS #3
Razor: Gem MMOC
Soap: S.V. Cosmo
Brush: Maggards 26mm Synth
EDT: Dior Fahrenheit

The MMOC is superbly efficient and smooth. Paired with the modern Gem blade it works in harmony to give a super close shave.

The Cosmo and synth created a wonderful slick and protective lather.

Finished with a touch of balm and a generous helping of Dior.

Enjoy your shaves! :)

5ww7lSRI_o.jpeg

Yaqi Mysterious Space Fan
Rockwell 6S / Razorock Hawk v2
Supermax Stainless (1) / Kai Pink (?)
Cyril R Salter Tallow
Thayers Rose, Nives 2 Phase & L'Occitane eau de L'Occitan

I was unsure whether to do a full shave with the Supermax because I bought them a few years ago off ebay and I recall they weren't the best then (200 for £2 - suspicious) so I decided spur of the moment to use it on half my face with the Hawk on the other half. I used a Kai Pink blade in the hawk, I kept two of those baldes and I used one twice but no idea which, so unknown number of uses on the blade...

The Supermax was a bit plucky on the first pass but seemed to smooth itself out for the rest, the Hawk was like a dream, I can remember I wasn't fussed on the v1 but this v2 was superb, very intuitive and I think that is helped by the redesigned head. Both were excellent smooth shaves, maybe the Hawk edges it by a whisker.

The Cyril tallow soap was great, a superb lather and I'm not a big fan of lavender per se but I really enjoyed it and next time I'm in Tenby I'll visit those monks for some of their EDT.

5ww7lSRI_o.jpeg

Yaqi Mysterious Space Fan
Rockwell 6S / Razorock Hawk v2
Supermax Stainless (1) / Kai Pink (?)
Cyril R Salter Tallow
Thayers Rose, Nives 2 Phase & L'Occitane eau de L'Occitan

I was unsure whether to do a full shave with the Supermax because I bought them a few years ago off ebay and I recall they weren't the best then (200 for £2 - suspicious) so I decided spur of the moment to use it on half my face with the Hawk on the other half. I used a Kai Pink blade in the hawk, I kept two of those baldes and I used one twice but no idea which, so unknown number of uses on the blade...

The Supermax was a bit plucky on the first pass but seemed to smooth itself out for the rest, the Hawk was like a dream, I can remember I wasn't fussed on the v1 but this v2 was superb, very intuitive and I think that is helped by the redesigned head. Both were excellent smooth shaves, maybe the Hawk edges it by a whisker.

The Cyril tallow soap was great, a superb lather and I'm not a big fan of lavender per se but I really enjoyed it and next time I'm in Tenby I'll visit those monks for some of their EDT.
+1 for the Salter tallow soap, fantastic stuff! :) P.

Tue 6th March
RazoRock plissoft 22mm
Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus
Alu. Hawk + S/S Handle
Feather Pro ( 5 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

I use a S/S Handle with the Hawk to give it more weight ,and then it works for me. With the. Pro blade I find it best to do initial clearance with short strokes,then it becomes quite smooth.Like the General i find I can easily get a good close finish on the Face, but not so good around the neck. But was a nice comfortable fault free Shave, made easy with this rarely used soap , which was so good that I should use it more.

IMG_0016.jpg

Last edited:
Tuesday AM 2018-03-06
Georgetown Pottery G20 scuttle (Hamada & Purple)
Rooney Emillion 2 Tiger Stripe Finest (26/54)
Penhaligon's Castile shaving cream (vintage)
Charcoal Goods Brass L1/Stork 'Ghost Rider' Bronze
Wilkinson Light Brigade (4)
Penhaligon's Castile aftershave (vintage)

The brush is markedly different from the other Emillions, with less backbone and softer tips, and it was perfect for making wonderful lather with the Castile cream.
fRKCgLl.jpg

SOTD_20180306-1024x544.jpg

• Safety Razor: Wolfman - Guerrilla 316L
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Declaration Grooming - 27mm Jefferson Vastness LE B4 (Select Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Cream: The Art Of Shaving - Lemon (sample)

Back
Top Bottom