SOTD : Saturday 3rd March - Friday 9th March 2018.

Date: 06 March 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto Silvertip Badger Fan Horn 30/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Route 66 ~ Sweeney Todd
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor:- Rockwell 6C (R5)
Blade:- Gillette Silver Blue #1
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

SOTD: 6th March 2018.

11.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/L'Oreal Men Expert ~ Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Chinese Horsehair.

Bowl Lather.

Cream: Derby Lemon Shaving Cream.

Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword Saloon Pack.(1)

Razor: Fatip Grande.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./Boots~ Moisturising Lotion.

Duru ~ Lemon Cologne.

Greetings,

A superb 3 pass + pick ups no-irritation silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Recently i've been having some superb shaves, the fatip grande/gillette W.S saloon pack combo was such a wonderful match, i had to look to see if i had put the blade in the razor..Very smooth and efficient...Two passes left my face feeling smooth, but i carried on with the third & pick ups pass for the sheer pleasure, and to use up the wonderful slick lather the derby cream had provided for the shave.

Finishing the shave off with some generous splash of Duru ~ Lemon Cologne.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Mon 5th March
RazoRock Syn 24mm
Cyril Salter Solid soap
Alu. General + ES Handle
Feather Pro [ 6 ]
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

Though I prefer heavier AC, I have to admit the weighted General does provide a nice close all round shave. The only area lacking is around my jawline , which always causes me problems. Like many I continue to be amazed at the performance of the Cyril Salter Solid soap, so cushioning and slick, it helps any Shave along.

IMG_0015.jpg

Last edited:
Razor - ATT R1 Atlas
Blade - Gillette Nacet (1)
Brush - SOC 2 Band
Soap - Saponificio Varesino ,Stella Alpina
Post - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Aftershave - Old Spice Original
63E6BF55-8731-46AF-A231-FD524337426E.jpeg

That was a good shave with the R1 and Nacet combo. No need to mention how good the Saponificio Varesino lathers up.

Just when it was beginning to melt,more heavy snow in Glasgow again.

15684966-CADF-4267-867A-8B0C5129D845.jpg

Had a change of tune today to scratch an itch. I bought a super-cheap, rather flimsy shavette off eBay. It's one of those crappy, 'hair-shaper', half DE-bladed, Chinese mass-produced 'toys'. I lathered up with some OSP Fougere with my YaQi Space Fan, loaded half a Nacet, clicked it down and got to work...

...and...

...Not bad. Like, not at all bad. I had a one pass with touch-ups and I'm smooth and irritation free. In fact, it was by no means a bad shave. I've definitely had worse with DE's before! It obviously doesn't compare to a good SR, but that wasn't what I was trying to achieve here. For less than a fiver, with two packs of Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellows, and 1st Class postage it's proving to be a rather economical, efficient shaving experience!

No photo today, I couldn't be bothered. Instead you can look at my wash bag.

Vigshaving dual comb head, iKon Bulldog handle, Wilkinson (vintage, #4)
Ωμέγα No. 83 S-Brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Aqua Velva (Spanish)
Noxzema ActionPlus moisturizer (Greek)

SOTD_6thMarch.JPG

Lovely weather with +18 deg. C (64F) today, partly sunshine. Another beautiful shave, this time I tested the Omega synthetic with the Fat - bit of splay but that's why the bathroom is called a bathroom. In an attempt to practice more with synths I'll stick to this brush for a few shaves, until my second APShave Co. (28mm SilkSmoke Butterscotch swirl) arrives.

Back
Top Bottom